Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Who decided this? Definitely benefits Houston

Reaction Score
Benefits houston?

9pm start means a full 2 hours of additional boozing time for the student section. I'll take that any day!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ESPN bought the rights to the games. They then sold some of the games including this one to other media players.

The network that owns the right to the game decides the date, time of game and the channel that the game will be seen. The conference and the university have to be consulted to prevent conflicts with scheduling but there is minimal that they can do to influence scheduling.

The contract the AAC has received was really poor from a monetary standpoint. But the exposure factor is probably as good if not better than any conference.

There are some lousy times and there are some games on CBSSN but it is a significant upgrade from last season. And the video quality has significantly improved.

C

Chief00

Would have loved 9pm starting time for Khalid El Amin; but for whatever reason it's not a good time for this year's team.

Reaction Score
Benefits houston?

9pm start means a full 2 hours of additional boozing time for the student section. I'll take that any day!

Student section will most likely be pretty weak tonight... winter concert in Jorgensen

Reaction Score
Student section will most likely be pretty weak tonight... winter concert in Jorgensen
Does anybody, you know, look at a calender, when they schedule stuff? Why would you want to play a home game which won't attract students? Why are we playing this game in Hartford anyway? Apparently we're not playing in Hartford...my mistake.

Last edited:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The only good thing about a 9pm start at home is that I'll be able to watch my son's hockey practice and wont have to DVR the game.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I'll be there, drunk and loud. I think we'll be ok ;)

Reaction Score
This isn't unique to the AAC. Providence played Butler at home last week and had a 9:00 pm start. What is most annoying about this is CBS Network has garbage programming on from 7-9 tonight, we are being bumped to 9 for no reason.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
LAst night I was stoked for UConn hoops. At 8 oclock I put away laundry. Got some clothes for a donation. Did some cleaning upstairs and than at 8:55 sat down for some hoops and was ready to jump in a chat room. I start scrolling and see no UConn. Like, wtf? Went to UConn site for the game coverage and see CBS Network. Flickd to CBS and saw Moorhead State. Now I'm thinkin' WTF? Went to Yard and saw no activity.

Oh, game is tonight?

Reaction Score
LAst night I was stoked for UConn hoops. At 8 oclock I put away laundry. Got some clothes for a donation. Did some cleaning upstairs and than at 8:55 sat down for some hoops and was ready to jump in a chat room. I start scrolling and see no UConn. Like, wtf? Went to UConn site for the game coverage and see CBS Network. Flickd to CBS and saw Moorhead State. Now I'm thinkin' WTF? Went to Yard and saw no activity.

Oh, game is tonight?

Dove....I remember in the past were you entirely forgot about a game...so you're making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom