bleacher report disses uconn | The Boneyard

bleacher report disses uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
bleacher report did a top 20 list of most successful and consistent programs of the past 10 years and no UConn. I mean they have byu, vcu, Xavier on the list. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Reaction Score
Probably just a sloppy, accidental thing or something done intentionally to raise a debate. They just bang out content with no regard for quality. Fans love lists and they click, click, click.

Reaction Score
No Snookie? ... They've been he most consistent program in the nation!

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Yeah, that too. When you say "bleacher report," you're referring to a collection of random people who are one notch above blogspot level credibility.

Reaction Score
bleacher report did a top 20 list of most successful and consistent programs of the past 10 years and no UConn. I mean they have byu, vcu, Xavier on the list. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it.
Leave us and never come back. Thank you for your interest in UCONN basketball.

Reaction Score
UConn has not been consistent. Not counting 2004 as that would be 11 years, we had NCAA e8, NCAA 2nd round, no post season, ncaa 2nd round, FF, NIT, champs, NCAA 1st round exit, no post season and champs again. If that is not inconsistent then I don't know what is.

Reaction Score
UConn has not been consistent. Not counting 2004 as that would be 11 years, we had NCAA e8, NCAA 2nd round, no post season, ncaa 2nd round, FF, NIT, champs, NCAA 1st round exit, no post season and champs again. If that is not inconsistent then I don't know what is.

We have not consistently won championships every year. You are correct.

Reaction Score

I get what you're saying, but by that logic the entire list should be filled with crap teams who have 0 conference titles and 0 NCAA bids over the last 10 years. Those teams are far more consistent than any team on his list.

The guy is probably inept and forgot us and instead of just admitting it, he's rationalizing it the best way he can.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I get what you're saying, but by that logic the entire list should be filled with crap teams who have 0 conference titles and 0 NCAA bids over the last 10 years. Those teams are far more consistent than any team on his list.

The guy is probably inept and forgot us and instead of just admitting it, he's rationalizing it the best way he can.
Like when my boss at work says "well at least you're consistent"

Usually not a good thing lol

Reaction Score

Well, it all depends on your definition of consistency. I see eight post season trips and two no shows, one of which was out of the players' control. I'd look at it this way, how were they ranked? Where did they finish conference-wise each year? What were their ranks offensively and defensively each year over the ten years? Put the whole thing into context if you are going to define consistency.

The more I think of what "consistent" means, this guy misses it unless it is "consistently successful." There are plenty of crap teams who are consistently at or near the bottom of their league year in and year out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

lmao. Pretty sure if you cut out all teams top 3 seasons, they'll look pedestrian. Cut out UK's last 3 years. They don't look so hot either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom