Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This just isn't true. The winningest programs in the weak conferences draw no fans. The weakest conferences have a bunch of teams in constant threat of being tossed out of D1.
Boise? TCU?

NIU will certainly get a boost. So there are exceptions. Oh, and Temple attendance?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Boise? TCU?

NIU will certainly get a boost. So there are exceptions. Oh, and Temple attendance?

You are talking about a team that draws 35k in a BCS league. Dropping to the MAC cuts that in half no matter who they beat in the league.

NIU will get a boost from 13k to 15k.

The scary thing is that the administration may be as lost as you are.

Reaction Score
Check out the attendance for Northern Illinois this year and let me know if those numbers work for you.
Uconn's attendance will remain around 30-35K. Winning in what ever conference we are in will only give it a boost. I doubt interest will wain with the knowledge that we are building the program for a better outlook in the future.

Reaction Score
Boise? TCU?

TCU is in the B12. Boise in MWC. We're talking UConn to the MAC in your scenario, are we not? The MAC schools draw 15,000. And multiple schools were in danger of being thrown out of D1 (i.e. Buffalo and E. Michigan).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You try to keep it as strong as possible for as long as you can until you make it to a stronger conference. And if that doesn't happen, you accept your fate, drop the program down a division, and do the same for basketball as well, because in the future, if you're not playing BCS-conference football, you're not playing BCS conference basketball either (i.e. you're not going to compete in a tourney against the likes of Duke, etc.)

You didn't actually answer his question. He asked how you make it stronger.

There really is no right answer to the conference mess. If the Heap Big Split happens between the BCS schools and the NCAA and we're in the C7 or whatever dickbrained conference is being divined in Dallas, we're still on the wrong side of the cut.

The new conference we're looking at is a brilliant mix of have-not in football and have-not in basketball. The NNNBE will be a wicked, wicked drain on basketball - gonna be hard to soar like an eagle flocking with those turkeys.

Reaction Score
Uconn's attendance will remain around 30-35K. Winning in what ever conference we are in will only give it a boost. I doubt interest will wain with the knowledge that we are building the program for a better outlook in the future.

MAC level programs draw MAC level recruits. UConn's recruiting would hemorrage. We'd have a very tough time competing against the likes of USF and Temple ever again.

Reaction Score
You are talking about a team that draws 35k in a BCS league. Dropping to the MAC cuts that in half no matter who they beat in the league.

NIU will get a boost from 13k to 15k.

The scary thing is that the administration may be as lost as you are.
Not lost, just differing opinion. I won't get personal.

Reaction Score
You didn't actually answer his question. He asked how you make it stronger.

There really is no right answer to the conference mess. If the Heap Big Split happens between the BCS schools and the NCAA and we're in the C7 or whatever dickbrained conference is being divined in Dallas, we're still on the wrong side of the cut.

The new conference we're looking at is a brilliant mix of have-not in football and have-not in basketball. The NNNBE will be a wicked, wicked drain on basketball - gonna be hard to soar like an eagle flocking with those turkeys.

Getting an ACC invite is the one way to make it stronger. Nothing else matters. That's the plan. That's what I answered. Otherwise, all of this is irrelevant. Simply put, don't make it weaker so that the chance of it eventually becoming stronger is snuffed out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not lost, just differing opinion. I won't get personal.

Your opinion includes the assumption that UConn would draw 30k in the MAC. That's the definition of lost. They announced 34k for NCSU before anyone knew they stunk out loud. It's delusional to pretend they could draw for a MAC schedule.

Reaction Score
There is no rosy picture for UCONN FB right now. I simply feel we have to grab the best scenario going forward and I hope it includes the C7 for our overall success.

Reaction Score
There is no rosy picture for UCONN FB right now. I simply feel we have to grab the best scenario going forward and I hope it includes the C7 for our overall success.

Even if that means a worse situation for football?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wait so weget toplaybasketball with our rivals, be in the best non aq conference and probably make more than all sports in the Big East? What's problem with that?

If the MTM West says no, than stay in BE. MAC football can't be an option though.

Reaction Score
Wait so weget toplaybasketball with our rivals, be in the best non aq conference and probably make more than all sports in the Big East? What's problem with that?

If the MTM West says no, than stay in BE. MAC football can't be an option though.

There is no BE without UConn or Cincy.

What exactly are you talking about?

If UConn and Cincy bail, Houston and SMU head to the MWC. Then the conference falls apart. Sun Belt for the rest.

Reaction Score
If you are for this the outcome it is the immediate death of the football program and a 15 year slide into oblivion for basketball.

Who is more likely to get invited to big boy bowl from group of 5? If uconn wins the nnbe, i bet it goes to mwc champ. If uconn wins the mwc and beats boise to get there, then i think uconn will get the respect it deserves.
Based on its markets the C7 in bb is more of a threat to acc than nnbe. acc make take us to hurt the c7. Are we a threat to the acc in nnbe?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who is more likely to get invited to big boy bowl from group of 5? If uconn wins the nnbe, i bet it goes to mwc champ. If uconn wins the mwc and beats boise to get there, then i think uconn will get the respect it deserves.
Based on its markets the C7 in bb is more of a threat to acc than nnbe. acc make take us to hurt the c7. Are we a threat to the acc in nnbe?

I can't believe it's come to this. Go to Waylon's post on the first page. You are talking about an option that doesn't exist.

The idea that UConn will get an ACC invite because somehow they are damaging the ACC from the C7? Fantasy time js better spent on Kate Upton.

Reaction Score
I can't believe it's come to this. Go to Waylon's post on the first page. You are talking about an option that doesn't exist.

The idea that UConn will get an ACC invite because somehow they are damaging the ACC from the C7? Fantasy time js better spent on Kate Upton.

I am just weighing the 2 options, and I understand Warde has already denied MWC/C7 is under consideration.

I don't think UConn will ever get credit for winning the NNBE in FB. The NNBE will be criticized as terrible when that happens. I think UConn coming from the far east coast and winning the MWC might be better for UConn's national FB image.

On the bb side, I think the markets that we care about and markets the ACC cares about are on the east coast - and my view is that GTown, NOVA and St Johns ( & MSG) + UConn (and Cincy) is a better east coast package than Temple and East Carolina, USF, UCF + UConn (and Cincy). While there may not be football recruits in our geography, there are many bb recruits.

Marquette and Memphis are a wash to me - and I'd rather play Providence or Seton Hall than Tulane. I am a little excited about SMU and Houston but mostly on the FB not basketball side and I think the ACC will care less about our presence in Texas.

Reaction Score
Doubtful; but can always hope that Susan was in Illinois talking to some nice, BiG folks. Pretty clear that the C-7 alignment is not on the radar.
http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-big-east-meetings-0112-20130111,0,5944129.story

"Reached later Friday evening, Manuel said, "We've never had a conversation. Our intent is to work with the remaining members of the Big East and the current members coming in. That's been our intent all along. We have not had a conversation with any other group, any other conference, period. I have not had any conversations."

Ugh.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am just weighing the 2 options, and I understand Warde has already denied MWC/C7 is under consideration.

I don't think UConn will ever get credit for winning the NNBE in FB. The NNBE will be criticized as terrible when that happens. I think UConn coming from the far east coast and winning the MWC might be better for UConn's national FB image.

On the bb side, I think the markets that we care about and markets the ACC cares about are on the east coast - and my view is that GTown, NOVA and St Johns ( & MSG) + UConn (and Cincy) is a better east coast package than Temple and East Carolina, USF, UCF + UConn (and Cincy). While there may not be football recruits in our geography, there are many bb recruits.

Marquette and Memphis are a wash to me - and I'd rather play Providence or Seton Hall than Tulane. I am a little excited about SMU and Houston but mostly on the FB not basketball side and I think the ACC will care less about our presence in Texas.

He is lying about considering.

A few of you can't wrap your heads around the MWC won't let UConn join for football only.

Reaction Score
The endurance some of you have to discuss every ing blog post and tweet about this amazes me. How have you not blown your brains out yet?

I have come close but it sounds like the B1G may be making a move next week so I am in a holding pattern

Reaction Score
He is lying about considering.

A few of you can't wrap your heads around the MWC won't let UConn join for football only.

Are you suggesting the use of a "plausible scenario" litmus test for conference realignment posts? C'mon man, keep hope alive.

Reaction Score
I think UConn fanbase will hover around 30K for football no matter what conference we are in be it the ACC or the MAC. B1G would be the one exception because of traveling away fans. This year the Buffalo and Temple (1 year removed from MAC) games drew similar crowds to our other matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom