Blade Runner | The Boneyard

Blade Runner

Reaction Score
I consider myself a Sci-Fi fan, so I am finally righting a wrong that's bothered me for decades - FINALLY watching Blade Runner for the first time (Directors Cut). Wow, just a stunning film visually, I really wish I had seen it on the big screen. I'm not sure why I never bothered to see it before, I've seen other classics multiple times.

Reaction Score
I consider myself a Sci-Fi fan, so I am finally righting a wrong that's bothered me for decades - FINALLY watching Blade Runner for the first time (Directors Cut). Wow, just a stunning film visually, I really wish I had seen it on the big screen. I'm not sure why I never bothered to see it before, I've seen other classics multiple times.
The movie that introduced Sean Young to the masses. Harrison Ford tracking down expiring clones, never realizing that Sean's the latest model. Loved it as a college student. Lots of action.

Reaction Score
I always loved that it rained non-stop in LA throughout the film.

As beautifully crafted as the vision of the future is, the character development is as stunning as the scenery. This is A++ film making.

Reaction Score
This was a movie that was pretty much perfect. It didn't do much in the box office because people expected Indiana Jones in the future and instead got a postmodernist suspense thriller.

I prefer the Director's Cut because in my opinion it really shows what Deckard really is. The theater version changed that because the execs didn't want to pull the rug out from under the audience.

Reaction Score
Loved the movie so much, can't watch the directors cut, just like I won't watch Apocalypse Now Redux. Some things weren't meant to be.​

Reaction Score
I've seen both cuts of Apocalypse Now a few times, and (in my amatuer film opinion) I can see why things like the French Plantantion scene ended up on the cutting room floor. To me there was nothing in Redux that made it a better film.

Reaction Score
Loved the movie so much, can't watch the directors cut, just like I won't watch Apocalypse Now Redux. Some things weren't meant to be.​

Interesting. I think the movie makes more sense in the Director's Cut.

The other huge thing about Bladerunner was that it pretty much set the standard for film noir in any genera going forward. And you can see Bladerunner's impact in just about every sci fi flick since then. And Bladerunner in turn was heavily influenced by a movie called "Metropolis".

Director's Cut Spoiler Below...

The movie is much better off with Deckard revealed as being a Replicant. The random dream with the Unicorn, Edward James Olmos Origami Unicorn. His obsession with photographs even the strange way he takes his shirt off. Plus in the first scene the Bladrunner who is killed even resembles Harrison Ford which kind of hints that the Bladerunners were all Replicants and slight derivatives of eachother.

Reaction Score
Sean Young plays Rachael to perfection, her empathy carriers Rachael through the whole movie. Rutger Hauer and a very young and beautiful Daryl Hannah were amazing, it was a great cast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom