Biggest Decision of my life | The Boneyard

Biggest Decision of my life

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Watch game 6 or watch the exhibition game....

Can't remember the last UConn game I've missed, but I may have to watch the stream after the sox game. I'm sure I'm not the only one contemplating...

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Can't remember the last UConn game I've missed, but I may have to watch the stream after the sox game. I'm sure I'm not the only one contemplating...

The Huskies are my #1 team, but I'm sorry - watching a preseason game vs watching the chance for the Sox to clinch the WORLD SERIES at home for the first time since 1918? Its a no-brainer for me. People are paying sky high - record prices for the chance to see the Sox clinch at Fenway.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain how they can watch the exhibition game? I see a "watch" link on the uconn website. How do you gain access? Does it cost $?

Reaction Score
Scratch the prior post. I just learned about huskyvision and the subscription.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My (only in Connecticut) Final 4:

4. Celtics
3. Giants
2. Huskies
1. Sox

Even if 1 & 2 were switched, we're talking about the World Series versus an exhibition game.

So I'm guessing you're not a Sox fan.

Reaction Score
Will game be on WTIC? or will those 2 morons be there again?

Reaction Score
UConn Mikey c'mon........;)

I have/had tickets for Game 6 in hand.......company seats, 9th row field box right behind the 3rd base dugout.......could have gone and entertained my customers and probably had a great time. But, being the nice guy I am, I am letting my boss take my guys to the game seeing he is, as well as all of them, a HUGE Red Sox fan. I wouldn't feel right taking up a seat in a potential clincher as a Yankee fan and what would have been a Cards fan for another night.......everyone's happy and I will be here watching my Huskies. If it were our company Yankee seats and I had the choice it would have been a no-brainer!! You need to watch the Sox and tune in when you can for the Huskies or keep the laptop on your lap. If it were the Huskies/Terrapins first game I would change all prior answers - Huskies mens hoops is #1.........

Reaction Score
The UConn game starts at seven. The Sox game starts at ten past eight. It takes the Sox about fifty minutes just to play an inning and a half with the amount of times they stare down umpires after calls, step out of the box, make sure they have just enough Vaseline on their hands, massage their beards, and all that other stuff. It will be the top of the third when the UConn game ends if you're unlucky.

D

Deleted member 3149

UConn Mikey c'mon........;)

I have/had tickets for Game 6 in hand.......company seats, 9th row field box right behind the 3rd base dugout.......could have gone and entertained my customers and probably had a great time. But, being the nice guy I am, I am letting my boss take my guys to the game seeing he is, as well as all of them, a HUGE Red Sox fan. I wouldn't feel right taking up a seat in a potential clincher as a Yankee fan and what would have been a Cards fan for another night.......everyone's happy and I will be here watching my Huskies. If it were our company Yankee seats and I had the choice it would have been a no-brainer!! You need to watch the Sox and tune in when you can for the Huskies or keep the laptop on your lap. If it were the Huskies/Terrapins first game I would change all prior answers - Huskies mens hoops is #1.........

I would have thought for sure you were a sox fan! I would use the laptop idea but I may be trying to hit up the fenway/kenmore bars in hopes of a post-game celebration. Man this decision is tough...

Reaction Score
I would have thought for sure you were a sox fan! I would use the laptop idea but I may be trying to hit up the fenway/kenmore bars in hopes of a post-game celebration. Man this decision is tough...

Wait a minute, I may not be a Sox fan but let me see - Fenway/Kenmore/Yawkey Way bars or a UConn scrimmage?? ..........c'mon Mike screw that thing on straight and get to Kenmore!! There's lots of Husky games and only one clincher and post celebration.........

Reaction Score
The UConn game starts at seven. The Sox game starts at ten past eight. It takes the Sox about fifty minutes just to play an inning and a half with the amount of times they stare down umpires after calls, step out of the box, make sure they have just enough Vaseline on their hands, massage their beards, and all that other stuff. It will be the top of the third when the UConn game ends if you're unlucky.

Funny stuff champs.......they may need the vaseline for after game events too when they all climb on Papi's shoulders......I see Gomes as the pivot man!! LOL........think they can get enough from Buccy on the night he pitches so I hope there's enough left!!

Reaction Score
Big Yankee fan so this has no effect on me. I heard some people joking that the attendance will be low since the Sox are on but the fact we are playing SCSU may attract more people. If I could have gotten out of work early i would have gone. Ive been waiting for this season to start for what seems like 2 years.

Reaction Score
Funny stuff champs.......they may need the vaseline for after game events too when they all climb on Papi's shoulders......I see Gomes as the pivot man!! LOL........think they can get enough from Buccy on the night he pitches so I hope there's enough left!!
Meanwhile Yankee fans have probably used up a lot more Vaseline on themselves these past 2 months since their team hasn't had a meaningful game in that span to watch.

Reaction Score
If anybody calls themselves a sox fan but is going to watch a preseason game over game 6 of the world series...you probably shouldnt call yourself a sox fan

Reaction Score
i think i speak for us all when i say that if anyone so much as misses a single second of this exhibition game for the "world series" they are persona non grata on the boneyard henceforth.

time to separate the contenders from the pretenders, the champs from the chumps, the non-mumus from the mumus...

Reaction Score
I could like the Huskies five times as much as the Red Sox and it would still be a no brainer. Game 6 of the World Series with a chance to win it all over an exhibition game is an easy decision.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score

We can watch the stream later? I work till 9, does that mean I can watch the game when I get home instead of rushing threw my work?!?!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It's not tough.

It's a freaking exhibition game.

Put it on the computer in the background and watch your baseball team try to win the World Series.

Reaction Score
If the situation was reversed and you had the choice between 77-74 and a Spring Training game against the Portland Sea Dogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom