BIG pickup for Jamelle | The Boneyard

BIG pickup for Jamelle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Teaira McCowan, who's 6'7" and Prospects Nation's 5th ranked post player for the 2015 class, has committed to the Bearcats. Hopefully this is the catalyst she needs to start turning things around. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Reaction Score
Kind of a Shan I think. But I guess good news always can use a second telling.
My bad. I saw it on ESPN, so I don't know if its elsewhere. It would be strange for them to post it if it wasn't confirmed.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this ndmb, I missed this the first time around, too. Great get for JE and Cincy!

Reaction Score
Nice get for Jamelle. Sometimes all it takes is to get one top player to get some
more to follow. Good for her.

Reaction Score
I still find it odd that there's no text anywhere on this. No news story from her local paper. No writeup or tweets by any of the recruiting insiders/sites.

Doesnt mean it's not true; just seems strange to me.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bret McCormick normally tweets on every recruiting commit in the country and he hasn't with McCowan which makes me really question the veracity of this. Maybe someone made a mistake.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Bret McCormick normally tweets on every recruiting commit in the country and he hasn't with McCowan which makes me really question the veracity of this. Maybe someone made a mistake.
McCowan’s situation is strange for a couple of reasons. She beat out both Brown & McCoy (Healthy??) for a spot on USA basketball this summer on a team coached by Dawn and featuring Collier. She got the least amount of time on the team but I though her stock would have risen after this summer but it went the other way. I went back and double checked just to make sure –every other member of USA basketball team got something (local or national article , tweet) announcing the college choice. The ESPN site updated her status to Verbal to Cincy which I believe to be correct because she cannot officially sign until mid April.

Reaction Score
According to Full Court, the schools she was considering were A&M and Baylor.

Could ESPN somehow have confused Bears with Bearcats? I hope she's not going to Baylor.

Reaction Score
According to Full Court, the schools she was considering were A&M and Baylor.

Could ESPN somehow have confused Bears with Bearcats? I hope she's not going to Baylor.

Dont think so. No news anywhere on her verballing to anyone.
Plus speculation that Baylor lost interest after getting other players they wanted more.

Reaction Score
Vowel, looks like you were the first to call this correctly. ESPN has changed McCowan's status from Verbal to Cincy back to uncommitted.

Rats! It sounded too good to be true. :(

Reaction Score
Vowel, looks like you were the first to call this correctly. ESPN has changed McCowan's status from Verbal to Cincy back to uncommitted.
Bummer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22