Big East tonight | The Boneyard

Big East tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For all the big east lovers and haters, tonight is a big night.

Who you got?

(4) Wisconsin vs (1) Syracuse (Cuse)- Wisconsin just never seems like they are good enough to make it beyond this point. I guess the same can be said for Syracuse, but I think this is their year.
(4) Louisville vs (1) Michigan State(MSU)- I think UL can win this game, but my guess is that Siva will not be able to play as well as he has been against a superior team.
(6) Cincinnati vs (2) Ohio State(OSU)- Gates is their only big, so who guards both Sullinger and Thomas?
(7) Florida vs (3) Marquette (Florida)- I think Florida is playing really well right now. They can match MU in size (which is small) and speed. This is my only minor upset pick.

Reaction Score
Well we are going to find out who is the better conference, BE or Big Ten. BE has a good shot if the refs let them play.

Reaction Score
Am I crazy to think 'ville has a solid chance at upsetting MSU tonight?

I have one of those things called gut feelings and no material facts to back it up on but I have been thinking it all morning...i should work for espn

Reaction Score
...this is nice.....4 games...4 BE schools.....wish one of them was us, but still nice...

Reaction Score
I'm of course pulling for Cincinnati. If they're going to win this game, they're going to have to have to generate turnovers. Yancy Gates is NOT their only big. The problem is that Jackson gets into foul trouble too easily. However, if Jackson were to have a stellar game like he did a couple of weeks ago (I think 7 blocks), then the guard play will rip Ohio State apart. I think the game will be close. If Cincy generates turnovers and drains threes though, it could get ugly.

Reaction Score
Also, I don't buy the whole Cincy is small thing...they just beat FSU which is one of the largest teams in all of basketball. Size is not as big of an issue as the talking heads will make it.

Reaction Score
I'm of course pulling for Cincinnati. If they're going to win this game, they're going to have to have to generate turnovers. Yancy Gates is NOT their only big. The problem is that Jackson gets into foul trouble too easily. However, if Jackson were to have a stellar game like he did a couple of weeks ago (I think 7 blocks), then the guard play will rip Ohio State apart. I think the game will be close. If Cincy generates turnovers and drains threes though, it could get ugly.

I forgot about Jackson- I still think they'll have trouble with OSU's bigs.

Reaction Score
Am I crazy to think 'ville has a solid chance at upsetting MSU tonight?

I have one of those things called gut feelings and no material facts to back it up on but I have been thinking it all morning...i should work for espn

Louisville has a uconn 2011 thing going on right now- great start to the year, hit a big funk during the big eastseason, yet rally to win the BET.

I could easily see them winning this game and the next (MU/UF).

Reaction Score
I will be pulling for all 4 BE teams. If the Big Ten wins the media will be all over this story about how the Big Ten has replaced the BE as the best conference . They will forget our dominance for the last 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom