Big East - Big 12 Challenge Going Away After This Upcoming Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East - Big 12 Challenge Going Away After This Upcoming Season

Reaction Score
First choice is obviously Kansas. Next for me would be a men's/women's doubleheader vs Baylor. Then Houston, Zona, and Iowa State. After that it gets unappealing quickly. Wouldn't put it past the conferences/networks to put us against ASU and try to play up the Hurley v Hurley stuff

Reaction Score
And that's the rub right there. UConn basketball, men and women, are so elite, the football simply has to show some entertainment and winning adequacy where the stands can fill up 85% or more (35K or more) and one of the bigger conferences will want UConn. What I am trying to say is the basketball is so good that it actually lowers the burden for football to win at a level that it would have to if UConn basketball was merely excellent. Get between 6-7 wins a year with some entertaining and modern passing offense would be enough. Needless to say, I need UConn football to show me something like the state of Missouri would say.
Benedict has been so quiet lately that it leads me to believe that feelers have been sent back and forth already. Duke, Carolina, and NC state, on the men’s side and Virginia Tech, NC State and Notre Dame on the women’s side would benefit immensely from regular season games at home and at UConn. If it happens, probably happiest person up at UConn would be Jim Mora. Lol

Reaction Score
I hate to start a conference thread but there is some rumbling that even the conference structures will all eventually go away as the NFL starts making agreements with the college football powers.

There may be no safety in conferences in the future.
Good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Where would Kansas be played?

I see benefits to both, but I think it should be played at XL.

Reaction Score
Good.
Yes, but...

They want to have a sort of minor league structure. 60 teams in the majors. The rest all in the minors, with a relegation element.

UConn would be in the minors. At least to start.

Reaction Score
Benedict has been so quiet lately that it leads me to believe that feelers have been sent back and forth already. Duke, Carolina, and NC state, on the men’s side and Virginia Tech, NC State and Notre Dame on the women’s side would benefit immensely from regular season games at home and at UConn. If it happens, probably happiest person up at UConn would be Jim Mora. Lol
Loose lips sink ships? Hope so but too hard for me to be optimistic this time.

Reaction Score
Yes, but...

They want to have a sort of minor league structure. 60 teams in the majors. The rest all in the minors, with a relegation element.

UConn would be in the minors. At least to start.
These college stars are kids and would still have to attend class and be graded. Yes or no? I mean not every college kid playing D1 football is going to make it in the NFL, far from it. They will want their degrees to fall back on.

Reaction Score
If we end up with Cinci….
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I’d be fine with Cinci, not for this, but for a New Hampshire type replacement. We need higher rated cupcakes

Reaction Score
I think the big east should reach out to the mountain west for a new challenge. Multiple mountain west coaches have said they are trying to model their conference after the big east and they have some great home court environments. Obviously not as lucrative an option as the the P3 but think it could be more stable and have good marketing with the east vs west dynamic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom