Big East - Big 12 Challenge Going Away After This Upcoming Season | The Boneyard

Big East - Big 12 Challenge Going Away After This Upcoming Season

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Continuing to push non power football conferences to the side. As much as the Big East has been great for UConn. This is why our survival requires us to leave and beg for a spot in one of the big 4. However, it's always looked bleak.

Reaction Score
And no Big 10 games!!

Great job, Val!
Not sure there is anything she could have done. Both are being canceled because the B1G is going to have 18 members (yuck) and the B12 is going to have 16 member and needs to move to 20 conference games. This might actually help the BE since it can now fully imitate the B12 scheduling

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And no Big 10 games!!

Great job, Val!
Continuing to push non power football conferences to the side. As much as the Big East has been great for UConn. This is why our survival requires us to leave and beg for a spot in one of the big 4. However, it's always looked bleak.

Right. The wagons are circling. Getting in to the P2 of the SEC or B1G is a real long shot. Need to get a seat at the Big12 or whatever remains of ACC.

Reaction Score
Yup, very clear that the P4 are signaling even harder who the "haves" and "have nots" are, and will predominantly schedule amongst themselves.

We'll have to work harder to get marquee home and home or neutral site events. Fortunately, MTEs are going to continue to be all over us for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
I hate to start a conference thread but there is some rumbling that even the conference structures will all eventually go away as the NFL starts making agreements with the college football powers.

There may be no safety in conferences in the future.

Reaction Score
This might actually help the BE since it can now fully imitate the B12 scheduling
What do you mean? BE plays a 20 game round robin why would we move to an unbalanced schedule like the big12? Hiw can an 11 team conference even imitate the schedule of a 16 team conference?

Reaction Score
Right. The wagons are circling. Getting in to the P2 of the SEC or B1G is a real long shot. Need to get a seat at the Big12 or whatever remains of ACC.
Been going on with my Xavier buddies this morning before I saw this news. We need to leverage our basketball success ASAP. When the super power conference is set, the powers to be will not allow mediocrity to exist within. All resources, and eventually recruits/success, will be directed to the P2-4. The Georgia, Marylands of the world will see their basketball programs grow. The rest will be Div 1A

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think it was a mutual decision: the Big 12 expanded and is going to 20 conference games and apparently the Big East coaches wanted to end it as well.

I think it's time to add Gonzaga and go to a 22-game schedule. We lost the two challenges so adding Gonzaga would replace them.

Reaction Score
If we continue our success and remain as a top 5 program in the country every year going forward with Hurley, then I refuse to believe that we won't get picked up by at least the Big 12 or the ACC, regardless of how football performs in the coming years.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
lol. No we don’t.

Reaction Score
College football championship had 25 million viewers.
The woman’s college basketball championship averaged 18.7 million viewers and peaked at 25 million viewers….

These football power conferences run the risk of becoming far less compelling the more they restrict competition

Compelling wins. Always

Reaction Score
When you bring the best product to market, you will succeed. The conference model will be unstable, at best, for the next decade or two before likely failing apart all together imo. Capitalism doesn't play nice with quasi governmental NFP's. The real money is still on the sidelines with megadonors and content providers, that aren't going to be interested in dealing with conference commissioner stuffed shirts. Lots of shoes left to drop. I'm happy we're in the BE for the time being. Got a basketball coach with basketball players, at a basketball school, in a basketball state, in a basketball conference. Life's good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom