Big East/ACC SHOULD MERGE WHAT SAY YOU? | The Boneyard

Big East/ACC SHOULD MERGE WHAT SAY YOU?

Reaction Score
I suggest the Big East and ACC consider joining forces. I think they could form a very strong basketball conference and decent football. I think we all can agree the ACC is going to lose 4-6 school to the SEC and Big 10 shortly. Merge the remaining schools with Big East and build basketball and football programs with an eastern flair. I have a feeling in the future these super conference’s will fall apart because of travel and the lower tier schools realizing they can’t compete. I would think the merged league could negotiate a TV deal for approx $35M/school

Reaction Score
The Catholic 7 left that arrangement before for a reason. But I agree with you because the landscape is changing. I was rooting for UConn going to the B12 because it was an existential imperative. All current Big East members will be fighting for national relevance in the not too distant future as well if they don’t adapt. Better to do it now instead of when it may be too late.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You’d think The C7 would split off again if this happened.

Reaction Score
It’s more likely that the Big 12 and the ACC merge. It’s also likely that the SEC will eventually take Miami, FSU, Clemson, GT, VT & NC St.. The B1G will probably take BC, SU, UNC, UVA. B12 will take Louisville, Pitt & Duke. I think we easily get the nod at this point to join the B12.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It’s more likely that the Big 12 and the ACC merge. It’s also likely that the SEC will eventually take Miami, FSU, Clemson, GT, VT & NC St.. The B1G will probably take BC, SU, UNC, UVA. B12 will take Louisville, Pitt & Duke. I think we easily get the nod at this point to join the B12.
Why would anyone want BC? Seriously. Wake with all 4500 student body moves the needle more

Reaction Score
Why would anyone want BC? Seriously. Wake with all 4500 student body moves the needle more

Maybe the day will come when schools are removed from a conference. Maybe it’s when the move to streaming is driving more revenue. However, I don;t think this is going to help us at all. I think we are screwed and there is nothing we can do. Maybe the football “gods” do us a favor and we beat NCST and we build from there.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
If I'm the ACC, I'd rather just raid the Big East again. Why bother with DePaul?

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
inversely, I think a Big East-poaches-ACC scenario means the C7 would only go for bona fide basketball schools and would probably have to reform the league rules in such a way that would make it hard for football duds to be added. so yeah, Duke would be in. so would Cuse, for better or worse. BC isn't good in anything but is a good cultural fit for the league.

I can't really see any other attractive targets falling to the BE, definitely not enough teams to reform a football division. you'd have 4 in that scenario

Reaction Score
I do think the Novas and Georgetowns would be against it at first, but if Duke is on board there is no way they could resist that. This would be a dream scenario for us. Have our cake and eat it too.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No, this is a non-starter. Time to delete the Conference Realignment board if we are reduced to wish casting (for real now, not like the past decade).

Reaction Score
Whatever you're on, could you get me some? I could use a little delusion this afternoon...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom