Big 10 Network | The Boneyard

Big 10 Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where can I find it? Is it on Comcast anyplace? Is the game streamed someplace else?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not available TWC in NYC that I can see. My sister has it with Direct TV in SC

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
According the the BTN's Web site:

WHO GETS BTN? MILLIONS OF FANS: BTN has ubiquitous distribution across the U.S. and Canada, including carriage by all the major video distributors, such as DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Rogers Cable, Shaw and Shaw Direct (Canada) and approximately 300 additional video providers across North America.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Not available TWC in NYC that I can see. My sister has it with Direct TV in SC

I have TWC in NYC. Big Ten Network is available on channel 472 if you have high definition service.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Where can I find it? Is it on Comcast anyplace? Is the game streamed someplace else?
I get Big10 Network on 285 and HD 885 on Comcast. Check there.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Hartford-Bristol Comcast lineup has ESPNU 1720 and Big10 Network 1730 (HD)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I have TWC in NYC. Big Ten Network is available on channel 472 if you have high definition service.

I must not then....Channel does not exist in the lineup.

Time Warner

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
1730HD in eastern CT (Comcast). It's on the sports tier so a charge comes along with it. If UConn gets an invite to the great power of the Midwest, my guess is a deal is struck to get BTN off the Sports tier and on to an expanded package.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you need a sports package... I don't think its part of the regular line up

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I just upgraded my basic digital on Comcast by adding the "Sports and Entertainment Package". Internet special for 4.99/mo. a steal. I think this rate goes up after 6mo but by then I can just dump it.

ESPNU, Big 10 and CBSSN are all supposed to be included.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I just upgraded my basic digital on Comcast by adding the "Sports and Entertainment Package". Internet special for 4.99/mo. a steal. I think this rate goes up after 6mo but by then I can just dump it.

ESPNU, Big 10 and CBSSN are all supposed to be included.
that's it

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We switched to Verizon in NYC, part of their basic service, yeah.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here in the west its Direct TV 610 (+ a, b, c, d when necessary). Part of Sports Package subscription.

Reaction Score
I do have to say that as I looked through the offerings on the Big Ten Network, I was impressed. Lots there to keep fans occupied and happy. I've got no interest beyond this game, so I'll cancel afterward, but it was interesting t see a league that takes itself seriously and assumes the fans will be interested in all sorts of programming about its teams.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
keep it for the month since you're paying for it. I know its hard to remind yourself 29 days later but...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Uverse - 650 and 1650 (HD) - part of the sports pack I think.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
you need a sports package... I don't think its part of the regular line up

Yes isn't it marvelous? I have Cox out of Meriden and already have a Sports Package. But I just found out they have a Sports package 2! I can't see paying an extra $10/month to get BTN + PAC 10 TV + a handful of other things I'll never watch in order to see one UCONN game. Granted there will be other decent women's matchups during the season but it's not worth that $10/ month when we're already paying over $200. Ticks me off they have that second sports package trying to bleed even more $ per month. Too bad U-Verse won't work here. They tried to connect it but the lines aren't up to snuff.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
online if the B10 had a few quality players and team, I'm sure its all about football tho

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Great thing with the B1G Network is the diversity of sports covered. Stuff that would never get a sniff of ESPN gets coverage.

Reaction Score
Yes isn't it marvelous? I have Cox out of Meriden and already have a Sports Package. But I just found out they have a Sports package 2! I can't see paying an extra $10/month to get BTN + PAC 10 TV + a handful of other things I'll never watch in order to see one UCONN game. Granted there will be other decent women's matchups during the season but it's not worth that $10/ month when we're already paying over $200. Ticks me off they have that second sports package trying to bleed even more $ per month. Too bad U-Verse won't work here. They tried to connect it but the lines aren't up to snuff.

We have Cox also (Enfield) we do not get it either. In fact I have recently been planning to visit the Cox store to revamp our whole lineup in general. I tried ATT&T U-verse once - HORRIBLE decision. I will NEVER do anything AT&T again. They sold us a bill of goods; lines not up to snuff in our area either and we were off more than we were on and that includes internet, cable and phone. Customer service never knew what they were talking about; each person would give a different answer. I could go on.....

So I guess we will be listening on the radio. I am not buying an additional package for one game.

Bring back CPTV???

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great thing with the B1G Network is the diversity of sports covered. Stuff that would never get a sniff of ESPN gets coverage.
That's true. I watched the cross country championships on there last year. You get all kinds of stuff on there. From what I can tell one of the better conference networks.

Reaction Score
FYI - We went through 8 years of DirecTV then tried the local cable company (ugh!! - slow, prehistoric navigation system, advertising everywhere), and then because they had recently placed fiber optic cable in our neighborhood tried AT&T U-verse for a TV/phone/internet package. U-Verse had been wonderful for us - great ease of use, line-up and reliability. Here are some learnings that might help anyone thinking about switching:
  • Call AT&T directly and find out if you have fiber optic cable available (the package was not recommended to us if we would not have had it).
  • Order through the phone order center (get # via the internet). I compared costs and the local AT&T brick and mortar store would have charged more and the same people apparently do the install for both.
  • Don't grab the first quote they give you (see next bullet)
  • We found there was a lot of room to negotiate for extra discounts. Leverage companies against each other. We drove the price WAY DOWN and got 2 years locked in.
  • Get the DVR and record the games. Then start watching the game using the recording about 30 minutes after the game starts. You can blow through the commercials and gain a much more enjoyable experience. That is the only way we watch any TV now.
Sorry - I love SNY and the professionalism, especially compared to Jerry and the sales force and holding us to watch them while they dangle a 10 second player interview to happen at some point in the future to keep us seated in front of the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom