Best UConn Layup Player | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best UConn Layup Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't have scientific data for this, but my "Best Layup Player" is Coach Ollie. Great at using the backboard in an old school way. I had no doubts he was scoring when he was within a couple feet no matter who was in the lane.

I have a friend who is a legacy BC guy (dad, sister, him, wife, brother-in-law). When KO became coach my friend's dad said "The layup guy? Loved that kid. Always found an angle."

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Suggested diminishing quality threads as this endless summer wears on:

Best crossover.
Best baseline jumper.
Best non-dominant hand.
Best charge taker.
Best vocal bench supporter.
Best form entering game.
Best post-dunk camera celebration.
Best team celebration.
Best off balance shot.
Best hair do.
Best smile.
Best court IQ.
Best look in a UConn jersey.
Best skip pass.

Let's not let this summer end without a few dozen more of these boys - you can do it!

Best cross over - Chris Smith, Kemba , Aj
Best court IQ - Doron, Shabazz
Best Smile- Rudy
Best look in uniform- Super Tone , Emeka and Selvie . The cut T - shirt under the jersey was awesome.

Best form entering a game - easy . Johnny Selvie . I'd Describe it as Post, late night at the dorm chic with a side order of WtF. Sometimes he looked half sleep as if someone had to go wake him up ten minutes before tip- off . He'd walk on the court still tucking his jersey in and tying his shorts. I remember it like it was yesterday . He cared nothing about the Irish giant standing on the sideline . It was Johnny
Time . It was beautiful .

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Let's not let this summer end without a few dozen more of these boys - you can do it!

Best step back jump shot?
Best post championship victory dance?
Best at taking a full court shot with over 10 seconds left on the clock in a tie game?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Best smile. My two nominations:

364x510

anderson-vent.jpg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Best crossover.
Best baseline jumper.
Best non-dominant hand.
Best charge taker.
Best vocal bench supporter.
Best form entering game.
Best post-dunk camera celebration.
Best team celebration.
Best off balance shot.
Best hair do.
Best smile.
Best court IQ.
Best look in a UConn jersey.
Best skip pass.

Here are a few more must-haves:

Most respectful toward senior citizens
Best decliner of Gatorade
Best Socks - we all know who that is
Fastest bench-to-scorer's table mover
Best stool setter - (this is for walk-ons)
Best mournful faces
Best dental hygiene
Best photobomber

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Walker is No. 1 for me. Dyson, AJ Price, and Tony Robertson are close too. Kept thinking of Chris Smith and Henefeld too.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Interesting no one has said KO. I'm pretty sure 98% of his points were via layup. I'm guessing it's because the average Boneyarder is too young to have ever seen him play.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Interesting no one has said KO. I'm pretty sure 98% of his points were via layup. I'm guessing it's because the average Boneyarder is too young to have ever seen him play.

If half this board saw a clip of UConn playing in Ollie's days, they would be completely stumped as to the name of the dark-haired man coaching on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
If half this board saw a clip of UConn playing in Ollie's days, they would be completely stumped as to the name of the dark-haired man coaching on the sidelines.
I happened to be shopping men's shirts in Luettgens in the Civic Center, and a man was browsing next to me. We chatted a bit, and I'm not entirely sure what he said. About 20 minutes later, he was introduced as the new coach in the Civic Center main lobby.

Reaction Score
Said it on the prior page. Great at using the square on the backboard. True layups.

Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
Best Outlet Passer

Okafor. He was really good at them here. Sometimes he'd rebound and spring a fast break all in one motion. Thought that skill would translate more to the NBA than it did, but his early Charlotte teams didn't run much.

Reaction Score
Ok so for me this might be a little premature, but I'm going to say Terrence Samuel. I felt like whenever this kid went to the rim, I was just expecting to see the ball fall through the hoop, no matter what angle/direction he was heading. Kid just has a knack for putting the ball in the basket. After 3 more years, I have faith he could will be #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom