Best thing that could have happened | The Boneyard

Best thing that could have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly, to ensure change and the chance that their could be hope in the near future that uconn football might be entertaining and successful at the FBS level, the current team had to bottom out. Today's game is enough I would think to guarantee that the current leadership will not be in place next year. Hopefully, they will be gone in time for a new staff to recruit a decent class for 2013. It is what it is. Old guys who never adjusted to today's game, who cannot relate and motivate their players or recruit at a competitive level. It's over. It set the program back (not that far given the lack of talent edsall left), but hiring a young, energetic coach can hopefully salvage what's left of the fan base. And hopefully put uconn in position to get out of the big east if an opportunity arises.

If uconn had gone 6-6 or 7-5, maybe these guys stay. Now, the admin has to make a change if for no other reason than to get more than 25,000 to the games. 10,000 people per game is $2.1m in revs over the course of a season. That pays for the coach buyout and a new coach over 4 years.

Reaction Score
Don't think the players feel that way.

Unless the staff goes 0 for the rest of the season, I put it at about 10 % that Coach P gets canned.

Reaction Score
The season's turned into a dumpster fire.

I put it at about 20% that we can win at least 2 more games. 5% that we can win 3.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The season's turned into a dumpster fire.

I put it at about 20% that we can win at least 2 more games. 5% that we can win 3.

I can't even think what two teams left on our schedule we'd even beat.....seriously.

Temple is one of the weakest on our schedule and we lost to them. Maybe we beat USF? That game is on the road though and we've never been good on the road. Syracuse and Pitt have both looked somewhat decent and have lost against tougher competition (Youngstown state excluded). I really just don't see a team on our schedule outside USF, that we can beat. That's not pure emotion speaking, it's a real statement.

Reaction Score

Unless the staff goes 0 for the rest of the season, I put it at about 10 % that Coach P gets canned.

That's actually a real possibility at this point.

Reaction Score
sad, but at a point during huskies 3 & out barrage during 2nd & 3rd qtrs, this thought entered my mind

Reaction Score
Coach P said in post game that he thought Oline was improving and that he was happy with their progress. That seriously messed up.

Reaction Score

Another flaw on the players part. I dont care what the players think. This staff has to go.
Kl

Reaction Score
Coach P said in post game that he thought Oline was improving and that he was happy with their progress. That seriously messed up.

... And if he told the truth people would be besides themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom