Best thing about Saturday's East Carolina Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best thing about Saturday's East Carolina Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't want to be rude, but could you predict for us what the won-lost record will be next year(against ranked teams, not with the Junior High teams in the AAC)?
Should he exclude powerhouses like LSU since UCONN beat them by 46 points this year when they were at full strength as opposed to 7 players when LSU beat that powerhouse UT? Or did LSU get a lot better after they lost 7 players to injury?

Reaction Score
But I haven't been able to see the whole game yet! I need the replay!
++++ I don't want to seem ungrateful, but where IS that replay?? I need to see:
1. Lou ripping it in the 1st Q
2. Mo's no-looker to Lou
3. Natalie decking that player
4. Stewie skying

Reaction Score
I don't want to be rude, but could you predict for us what the won-lost record will be next year(against ranked teams, not with the Junior High teams in the AAC)?
Not being rude either, but what difference will my prediction make in convincing you? I believe, the standard set by this years team is so high, that placing a value on next years team will err on the "weak" side. So I think next years team is undervalued and under-appreciated. Surely they will not replicate this years team in terms of wins, MOV, and every other metric.

Using a term like Junior High to describe AAC teams means you are not objective. Ohio State played like a bunch of JH players against UConn, but you can hardly classify them as that. Some teams play way above their capability against UConn and others, like Ohio State, way below. Using this years UConn team as a litmus for how good other teams (including next years UConn team) is inaccurate in my opinion.

UConn will remain one of the best defensive teams in WCBB and that is what you need to win. Gabby, Napheesa and Katie, next year, will be as good as any three in the game. Kia Nurse and Chong are both winners. Their will to win, trumps the vast majority of players who are more skilled at those positions. If they can get Crystal to play disruptive defense like MJ this year, UConn will be very, very good.

I will comply with your request and make a prediction. UConn's games against ranked teams will be competitive. UConn will lose two games next year and win the championship, or they will lose three games and lose in the final four. What is your prediction?

Reaction Score
That lineup slowly lost the lead(against a bad team). I don't think it is true that Uconn's second team can beat "just about any team>"
I think it is a mistake to make predictions about how good this years UConn's second team is, or will be, based on what you see in these games. What do you think Geno's response would be if you brought up this point of view? Work is needed, no doubt. But using these games as a prediction for future success? Fruitless, IMO.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Not being rude either, but what difference will my prediction make in convincing you? I believe, the standard set by this years team is so high, that placing a value on next years team will err on the "weak" side. So I think next years team is undervalued and under-appreciated. Surely they will not replicate this years team in terms of wins, MOV, and every other metric.

Using a term like Junior High to describe AAC teams means you are not objective. Ohio State played like a bunch of JH players against UConn, but you can hardly classify them as that. Some teams play way above their capability against UConn and others, like Ohio State, way below. Using this years UConn team as a litmus for how good other teams (including next years UConn team) is inaccurate in my opinion.

UConn will remain one of the best defensive teams in WCBB and that is what you need to win. Gabby, Napheesa and Katie, next year, will be as good as any three in the game. Kia Nurse and Chong are both winners. Their will to win, trumps the vast majority of players who are more skilled at those positions. If they can get Crystal to play disruptive defense like MJ this year, UConn will be very, very good.

I will comply with your request and make a prediction. UConn's games against ranked teams will be competitive. UConn will lose two games next year and win the championship, or they will lose three games and lose in the final four. What is your prediction?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score

I will use your word for next year: "competitive." Naturally, I want them to win it all. I really don't know the details on next year's ranked teams. This year's team has spoiled us.
Things can change; we will have to wait and see......I was just upset the way that the "unusual" starting lineup played the other night.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I will use your word for next year: "competitive." Naturally, I want them to win it all. I really don't know the details on next year's ranked teams. This year's team has spoiled us.
Things can change; we will have to wait and see.I was just upset the way that the "unusual" starting lineup played the other night.
Geno I didnt know you were a member of the Boneyard... I heard you may lurk but not post, Im shocked! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Things can change; we will have to wait and see.I was just upset the way that the "unusual" starting lineup played the other night.
Spoiled us, yes. I too was a little disappointed, but not upset. Remember the "unusual" lineup actually went up by 8 before ECU called a timeout and made the game even at 15. I believe "youth" had something to do with that, as they seemed to have lost their focus after the timeout. Most games have momentum swings and though rare, UConn's first team has experienced that as well (ND game a few years back; they trailed early but went on to win easy). I don't think Geno was willing to wait for a momentum swing in the ECU game, so in came the big 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom