Best thing about Saturday's East Carolina Game | The Boneyard

Best thing about Saturday's East Carolina Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
last time the kids have to take buses and planes for a game they'll win by 50.

How about we bet on the starting line-up? the traditional five or last game's five or a mix?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's not a noon start, which sometime has meant a sluggish first quarter.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's not a noon start, which sometime has meant a sluggish first quarter.
The Huskies almost to a women say they prefer early starts. Yet as you say they don't show it. Clearly what you like and what is best for you aren't always the same.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Huskies almost to a women say they prefer early starts. Yet as you say they don't show it. Clearly what you like and what is best for you aren't always the same.
I think when they say 'early' starts they mean afternoon games in the 1-3PM slot, and not early early starts like 11 AM or noon starts. And early evening not late evening games as well.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I really hope ot see the same starting lineup as last game. We need to get these kids developed for the post season and for next season. How many teams can do that and not worry about winning? Let me say this as we hear the media compare SC and ND for the number 2 spot. UConn could've beaten either team by a lot more if Geno kept his foot down. He didn't and called off the dogs. So imo whether UConn won by 10 or 12 at home or on the road doesn't matter . UConn controls its own destiny and imo is unbeatable by any WCBB team this season. This is a special team with not only 3 1st team AAs but 2 superstars and one player who is unstoppable. No team in WCBB can out score them or guard them barring injuries to our big three or a lot of foul trouble. UConn will beat everybody on cruise control and when they step on it will blow them away. No disrespect mented its all fact and has been proven over and over again. I may irate some fans with that statement and I don't mean to and some fans may be praying that UConn loses so as to stick it in my face and that's ok because we are all human but I don't see it happenin.

Reaction Score
But the bad thing about the E Carolina game is that it is only on CBSSN. Which I don't get, and I think is less available to fans than the games on ESPN and SNY. Can't even see the replay until it is posted on the website (Please work fast guys!)

Reaction Score
. How about we bet on the starting line-up? the traditional five or last game's five or a mix?
very weird to reply to one's own post! My thinking is that Geno would rather play musical chairs playing away than at home, where esp. the seniors (and the home crowd) deserve some love. So, I think there will still be some tinkering in this last away game. The key pieces for development for the tournament are: first and especially Napheesa. She plays a logical role in most contested games. Second, Natalie. She's a special situations player this year and it's not inconceivable that if she takes that sudden leap in development (as she said herself in a recent interview: she feels she's mentally returning to being aggressive as she was at Georgetown) that she could be useful in this year's tournament (plus get the experience for next year). So, today I think they share time with (and maybe start ahead of) Lou and even Morgan. Does Saniya (if her IT band is up to it) get another chance with her starting over Kia?

Reaction Score
But the bad thing about the E Carolina game is that it is only on CBSSN. Which I don't get, and I think is less available to fans than the games on ESPN and SNY. Can't even see the replay until it is posted on the website (Please work fast guys!)
Better that CBSSN gets their late season UConn game in this Saturday instead of next as they normally would.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'd like to see that same line up start again tonight. I came away from the Cincinnati game with a sour taste in my mouth. They struggled against an inferior opponent. I'd like to see if that same starting unit can redeem themselves or not.

We know they were playing as hard as they could, but could only manage to stay even. I know Jamelle Elliott was hoping Geno would leave that group in there longer because the Bearcats were just about to take their lunch money. That lineup looked to me like the lineup we may see at the beginning of next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think starting the big three on the bench was a one shot deal. I expect the usual
starting lineup tonight.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well since you asked. With Heather Macy & Dalila Eshe on one bench and Shea, Marissa, and Jasmine on the other I hope this broadcast sets a record for the most cameras aimed at the coach's benches.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see that same line up start again tonight. I came away from the Cincinnati game with a sour taste in my mouth. They struggled against an inferior opponent. I'd like to see if that same starting unit can redeem themselves or not.

We know they were playing as hard as they could, but could only manage to stay even. I know Jamelle Elliott was hoping Geno would leave that group in there longer because the Bearcats were just about to take their lunch money. That lineup looked to me like the lineup we may see at the beginning of next year.
I would like to see him to start that same lineup too, not suit up the Big 3, and tell these "starters" it's their game to win or lose. I was disappointed when he put the 'real' starters in after 7 minutes the other day when Cincy got it to 15-15. Don't give 'em a safety net - sink or swim. (They'd swim, by the way - this is a VERY talented, VERY competitive, and VERY well-coached group of young athletes.)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score

That lineup slowly lost the lead(against a bad team). I don't think it is true that Uconn's second team can beat "just about any team>"

Reaction Score
That lineup slowly lost the lead(against a bad team). I don't think it is true that Uconn's second team can beat "just about any team>"
Our 2nd team, if you can call it that since it had 2 starters, couldn't handle Cincinnati on our home floor never mind a top 25 team. People are in for a rude awakening next year.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Our 2nd team, if you can call it that since it had 2 starters, couldn't handle Cincinnati on our home floor never mind a top 25 team. People are in for a rude awakening next year.
I gotta agree with you............hope some big improvements take place.

Reaction Score
That "2nd team" with Ekmark in place of Lou beat ECU in the 4th quarter 24-10. They will be much better next year. I do however think they will struggle to be in the championship game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the best thing about the East Carolina game was hearing @dannykuconn cheering at the top of his lung... and his camera time adjusting his camera.

can I use some of those frequent flyers miles, man... you're amazing!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The best thing that came out of the Cinny game is that it exposed the weakness's of the starters and there is plenty of time to fix them.

Reaction Score
The only thing that kept me alert at the prospect of playing Cincy again was Geno's innovative starting line-up. Boy, it was fun, and let's face it: we were looking at the future (which mercifully is not yet upon us). I really wasn't unhappy with the way the game progressed because the Bearcats had as much chance of winning as I have of participating on the U-16 girl's team. The beginning of the second half looked much better, and I think the wave that swept over Cincy in that frame was a tsunami of restlessness on the part of the starters--they were rarin' to go. Put the first and third quarters together: that's entertainment.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou and Kia don't get a lot of reps with Natalie, Napheesa and Saniya; therefore, there's a lack of chemistry. Next year I don't see Saniya in the starting lineup, especially if the IT band problem continues. A combination of Katie Lou, Kia, Gabby, Napheesa, Natalie and possibly Crystal if Kia doesn't play point, with Molly, Kyla and Saniya off the bench.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
If you are equating this years 2nd team with next years 1st team, it is you who are in for a rude awakening.
I don't want to be rude, but could you predict for us what the won-lost record will be next year(against ranked teams, not with the Junior High teams in the AAC)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom