Reaction Score
My MVP ranking as of today:

Nneka
Tina
Maya
Stewie
EDD
Candace

I wonder if Nneka and Candace might split the "LA vote," which could allow someone else to slip in?
I like the order you have but i would put Tina ahead became what she brings to that team and how each year shes step her game up plus shes always consistent she battles night in and night out. Nneka sure has been playing great but she has Candace on her team and great shooters around her

Reaction Score
WNBA all-rookie teams going back to '05, pick your favorite - WNBA.com: All-Rookie Teams
Yikes at the 2005 draft. The 2006 draft is pretty top heavy. Forgot about Hayes in 2012 draft. Look at the 2008 draft. Candace and Fowles obviously, but Holt and Anosike only last a few years, Ajavon has been a journey-woman, and Wiggins career never got back on track after injuries. You really have to give players a few years. I remember Natasha Howard's was in contention of ROY the first 10 games or so (she was averaging like 14/5 or so on a GOOD Indiana team), then did nearly nothing the next 20 games. Very odd.

I also personally have Tina ahead of Nneka, however NY lost today and now have 8 losses. LA has 3. No one in LA is going to the Olympics and will be well rested. Minnesota has 4 Olympians and NY has Tina. I just think if LA finishes with the best record..say 29-5 (or so), and NY finishes with like 10 losses, it will be hard to overlook such a dominate team. Plus Nneka's advanced stats are mindblowing, as is her FG%.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I also personally have Tina ahead of Nneka, however NY lost today and now have 8 losses. LA has 3. No one in LA is going to the Olympics and will be well rested. Minnesota has 4 Olympians and NY has Tina. I just think if LA finishes with the best record..say 29-5 (or so), and NY finishes with like 10 losses, it will be hard to overlook such a dominate team. Plus Nneka's advanced stats are mindblowing, as is her FG%.

Really depends on what you value. Tina is putting up impressive counting stats and shouldering a huge load for NY and deserves credit for that. Nneka just slightly less but taking WAY fewer shots. I value efficiency highly so Nneka is my MVP so far but I can see the argument for Tina. Every team knows that she is NY's workhorse and she still gets it done. Whereas Nneka has Parker to deflect attention.

I would also entertain arguments for Maya. To me, it's those three in some order as the top-tier MVP candidates and then EDD & Stewart in some order as the next to receive votes.

Reaction Score
Huge WBall fan/WNBA. All I did was quickly glance at the draft boards via Wiki. Hehe.

I think Stewert will finish #5 or so in the MVP voting behind Nneka, Tina, Maya and Parker. Depending on Chicago's record, I could see EDD finishing ahead of her. If LA ends up at like say 29-5 or 30-4, I think it goes to Nneka Ogwumike this year. Her numbers are great and her shooting numbers are insane (she's shooting 71% from the field, over 50% from 3pt..granted only about 12-13 attempts and over 80% FT). If LA slips to #2 behind Minnesota, I think Maya has a great chance. I actually think Tina Charles is the most "valuable" player to her team on a "winning" team, however, if LA or Minnesota finishes with a great record like 29-5, 30-4, etc, I cant see voters giving it to Tina where NY might be a 8-10 loss team.
I'm a huge Tina Charles fan, but I agree that Nneka seems to have overtaken her at this point. The shooting percentage is what swings it for me. I think Tina could potentially retake the lead, but I think your analysis is spot on when you talk about their team records. Well done.

Reaction Score
I would say this has been a surprisingly deep class and to me Jonquel Jones could end up being a star caliber player as well. Especially with time spent overseas utilizing and gaining confidence in her versatile game.

This year's MVP is Nneka without a doubt. I would then it's Tina, Maya, Candace, Fowles and Stewie most certainly should get recognized. I was a little worried about Bird after seeing her first game this year but it's great to see her having one of her better seasons since Seattle's last championship. Of course it helps to have two young players that can provide star level production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom