OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 315 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the story of why the Sally's in Wethersfield is taking so long to open? I think their sign has been on the building for about a year. That's a long time to pay rent with no revenue.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the story of why the Sally's in Wethersfield is taking so long to open? I think their sign has been on the building for about a year. That's a long time to pay rent with no revenue.

From what I heard. The people in the apartments above were never told there’d be a Sally’s in the building and anticipate that making living there a hassle. So there’s hold ups to try and sort that out somehow?

Reaction Score
From what I heard. The people in the apartments above were never told there’d be a Sally’s in the building and anticipate that making living there a hassle. So there’s hold ups to try and sort that out somehow?

I've heard something similar... I think it was something with the ovens or something. I heard a rumor that it's straight-up not going to open. This is all 2nd, 3rd-hand mind you.

Reaction Score
Sign is up and equipment looks to be installed at the Pepe’s in Stamford. I’m guessing an opening by June. Will be the first city outside of New Haven with both Sally’s and Pepe’s. My local pizza cup overflows now with apizza, bar pie, NY style, Neapolitan and Greek style choices. For those in the area, I suggest avoiding Bull’s Head. Once Pepe’s/Shake Shake/Starbucks and neighboring Whole Foods open, Bull’s Head will be a traffic nightmare.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
How in the hell is San Diego in the top 5 lmaooo

Tribute in North Park is one of the best places in the country but that alone doesn’t put SD top 5. I spent all 7 of my years there looking for pizza that stacks up, and there are only a few

The best pizza in SD is New Haven. Basic and URBN

Reaction Score
The best pizza in SD is New Haven. Basic and URBN
Lmao no. Basic and URBN are the same people, and it’s fine pizza. But it’s not the best in SD. I’m not even sure to what degree aficionados would say it executes Apizza well. I had it a few times when I lived there but had never had NH Apizza to know what Apizza should be like

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Lmao no. Basic and URBN are the same people, and it’s fine pizza. But it’s not the best in SD. I’m not even sure to what degree aficionados would say it executes Apizza well. I had it a few times when I lived there but had never had NH Apizza to know what Apizza should be like

I guess that was my point, I was agreeing with you that SD pizza is not anywhere near that list. The best attempts at pizza are the minor league versions of NH. Some decent Neapolitan spots in North Park like you mentioned, but nothing to write home about.

Reaction Score
I guess that was my point, I was agreeing with you that SD pizza is not anywhere near that list. The best attempts at pizza are the minor league versions of NH. Some decent Neapolitan spots in North Park like you mentioned, but nothing to write home about.
Poor renditions of NH pizza are not better than the best SD has to offer. You simply haven’t been around enough if you believe that, and if North Park is all you can reference. You have Tribute, Regents, Mom’s, Best, Blind Lady, Sisters, Buona Forchetta, Bronx, Luigi, Angry Pete’s, Bongiorno’s… all places among several others I can’t remember off the top of my head I would get multiple times before I get URBN

But then again I don’t have a NH pizza fetish

Reaction Score
Sally’s went downhill when they sold. The original in New Haven is not as good as before and the one in Fairfield is inedible.
Maybe they're inconsistent, but last 2 times I went (Nov and Dec) it was just like the old days.

I even saw Rey in there one of those times.

It's the same guy who has been making pizza there for over 30 years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My brother went to Sally’s this weekend and said it was still outstanding.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Maybe they're inconsistent, but last 2 times I went (Nov and Dec) it was just like the old days.

I even saw Rey in there one of those times.

It's the same guy who has been making pizza there for over 30 years.

I've been there (Wooster St Sally's) about a half dozen times since ownership changed and haven't seen any change. For the record, I live in Stamford and will only go to New Haven for Sally's. The pizza in Stamford was fine but I couldn't stand the atmosphere. If I want Sally's it's worth the 40 minute drive.

Reaction Score
Sally’s went downhill when they sold. The original in New Haven is not as good as before and the one in Fairfield is inedible.
I went twice to the original since the new ownership and it wasn't even close to what it was back in the day. I'm back in CT so infrequently that I'll never get pizza from them again.

Reaction Score
Well if he's like you then I wouldn't trust that review. You'd eat cardboard and tell us all it was fine as sustenance.

Reaction Score
I've heard something similar... I think it was something with the ovens or something. I heard a rumor that it's straight-up not going to open. This is all 2nd, 3rd-hand mind you.
They was just a news piece about the upcoming openings and the Wethersfield one is now listed as this summer.

Reaction Score
New England Pizza Restaurant in Vernon does a nice job.
Felt like they were better before they switched to the conveyor belt oven. I like well done and they don’t seem to be able to get it right now.

Reaction Score
They was just a news piece about the upcoming openings and the Wethersfield one is now listed as this summer.
From Tuesday ^^

Back door takeout access <<

Reaction Score
Disagree on the one in Fairfield (and Stamford). Haven’t eaten in New Haven in decades, but I think the offshoots are fine (although not as good as what I remember in New Haven from the 80s and 90s).

Reaction Score
What I would do to get any one of these places to expand to Seattle. Serious pizza desert out hear, forget apizza. Somebody could make a killing. No legit subs either :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom