Best Bars to watch UConn Games? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Bars to watch UConn Games?

Reaction Score
Trinity in New Haven is probably the most popular place to watch sports in New Haven proper, or at least downtown-adjacent.

I think they'd put the volume on if you asked or especially if it was a bigger game. They do put volume on soccer, football, etc. so it just depends on the lineup/night, but the owners/bartenders are all great and its a good place to chill and eat above-average Irish pub food.

Reaction Score
@BIIIG LOL... two hours ago you literally said the EXACT same thing about the Hungry Tiger.

One thing is for certain, you can’t go out and watch any game in Manchester without running into BIIIG. He’s the guy spouting off about Ed Croswell to no one in particular but at the same time, everyone in the vicinity

Reaction Score
Bobby Vs in Stamford is elite
I haven't been there in a while but Bobby Vs was always one of my favorites when in the Stamford area. I watched the UConn-Arizona Regional there in 2011. Quite an atmosphere.

I also like Bobby Vs in Windsor Locks. For bourbon drinkers I was surprised that they had Blanton's which is one my favorites and Buffalo Trace there among others.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I also like Bobby Vs in Windsor Locks. For bourbon drinkers I was surprised that they had Blanton's which is one my favorites and Buffalo Trace there among others.
Since you can bet the horses there, it only seems apropos.

Reaction Score
If you prefer a younger crowd in Manchester, try Elicit. It's a big beer hall with a great draft selection and good pub food.
I’ll give a big “maybe” to this rec.

Atmosphere is definitely great.

BUT, Went there with about a dozen guys last year to catch the St. Bonaventure game.

They had some trash bad team NBA matchup on the biggest screen. We asked if they could switch it to the UConn game. Manager absolutely refused to. Even though it was clear that 3/4 of the people were there to play trivia night & weren’t even watching the TVs.

Had to watch it on one of the small secondary screens without volume.

Bad look for a bar on CT to not show UConn on the main screen. I haven’t gone back there since.

Reaction Score
Is Legends legit for Nova game tonight? Anyone meeting up in vicinity of MSG for pre-Phish Nova watch?

Good question live in hartford county but would be interested to know any places in Connecticut that are good to watch the game.

I know when I’m in New York Legends is a great bar to watch UConn games

Reaction Score
I went to the "new" Bobby V's once and it felt like Buffalo Wild wings with 300 tvs all on top of each other and they completely scaled back the menu. Wasnt a fan but that was back in 2015.
I concur. I get ADD when I'm there with their wall of TVs, plus it caters more to sports betting than sports watching.
That's sad to hear. The old Bobby V's was a great place to catch a game.
Was a favorite Stamford haunt of mine before relocation. Pretty decent food too and loved the vibe. Got to meet Bobby there a few times.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun.
Carousel-Bow_And_Arrow_9-1440x620.jpg

down the road a bit from state u, it gets downright wacky for a Providence game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun.

down the road a bit from state u, it gets downright wacky for a Providence game.
I was there in early November waiting for the UConn FB game Against UMass so that I could grab a Pepes pizza prior to traveling to East Hartford. That bar wasn't bad. Not much on TV sports related except for golf but the bartender did take my suggestion and put on NHL game from Finland that was playing that afternoon. Bartender seemed agreeable to pleasing the bar patrons.

Reaction Score
I concur. I get ADD when I'm there with their wall of TVs, plus it caters more to sports betting than sports watching.

Was a favorite Stamford haunt of mine before relocation. Pretty decent food too and loved the vibe. Got to meet Bobby there a few times.
That is sad to hear. The old location was a good sports bar and close to Metro North. I never visited the new location.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun.

Bow and Arrow has some decent cheap wing deals too. 15 minutes from my house. In my new paradigm I'll probably never see it again (or the inside of a home game at this point although I was lucky enough to get permission for OK ST. )

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Call Hog River Brewing and see if they have the game. Or Back East Brewing. Or Hooker Brewing. Or Phantom Brewing.

Reaction Score
Just got back from Bobby V’s, been there a few times but first time for a UConn game.

Plenty of screens, but barely any game audio. Was there with a bigger party, so we had great service. 3/4ths UConn fans, the Nova fans were cool except for one who was a Cuse grad…weird combo, huh?

I rarely go out to watch games, but I’d rate this experience as “fine” but not highly recommended.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I did not know that. I feel like this is some sort of inside joke I’m missing out on haha. If they do have good wraps imma have to get it
He actually invented the wrap. I like to spread cool trivia.

Reaction Score
Just got back from Bobby V’s, been there a few times but first time for a UConn game.

Plenty of screens, but barely any game audio. Was there with a bigger party, so we had great service. 3/4ths UConn fans, the Nova fans were cool except for one who was a Cuse grad…weird combo, huh?

I rarely go out to watch games, but I’d rate this experience as “fine” but not highly recommended.
They did do game sound though? Was thinking about trying it out on Saturday for Xavier game. You went to Stamford location right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom