Best 3 Point Shooters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best 3 Point Shooters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ray Allen is the greatest 3-point shooter of all-time, UConn or otherwise. There's no way Rashad Anderson should be ahead if him. He shouldn't be ahead of Gordon, either.

Reaction Score
CTBasketball said:
You make a good point and I see how Ray can be the favorite pick now - looking back at his 3-pt career in the NBA and in college. But I feel as if every big 3 we needed between 2002-2006 Rashad hit it.

I think Rashad would win most clutch, or be 1-2 with Bazz. Ben hit some big ones (Nova in BET), but a little behind Rashad from that era. Not many chances for clutch in the 2004 run, other than Duke.

Ray as a freshman was actually nothing special as a shooter (I think he made 35 or so threes all year and shot in the 70s at the foul line). So it's really a two-year run where Ray made 200 threes on 46 percent shooting that is his primary body of work. Stephen Curry can top that for volume and be in the neighborhood for productivity. Perhaps, as much as I hate to say it, Redick. But not many.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not sure if you were being funny, but he was 1 for 17 as a junior and 1 for 5 as a senior. So percentage wise, yes, he was more 3x more successful.

Gee thanks for checking my math.

Reaction Score
ok lets stop the insanity here.

Any list that does not start with Ray Allen is invalid.

1. Ray Allen - Greatest 3pt shooter in the history of basketball, shot 46% at VOLUME at UConn.
2. Rashad Anderson - Onions(Duke, Alabama,Washington, nuff said)
3. Shabazz - His efficiency is good(~40% his final year), but it is the degree of difficulty/significance of his shots that carries him. Never took an open three, all were contested and/or off the dribble. Amazing he shot ~ 40% with all the tough daggers he took in hero-ball situations.
4. BG - Same as shabazz but down a level. He is the player that I had the most confidence in shooting. As in, when he took an open three, it was IN. Every time.
5. Albert Mouring - Sweetest stroke this side of Ray. Was just textbook, with the efficiency to match. Forgotten a bit because the majority of his career was in that in-between the 98-99 core and the 03-04 core.
Pretty good list but agree with others. Ben was better than what you're giving him credit for. Ben nailed many with defenders in his grill.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I'm 10 posts into reading this thread and no one has mentioned Rip yet? Wow...

Ray
Rip
Gordan
Rashad - he is third because he was streaky but when he was hot there was no one better.
Napier
Kemba - he was lights out in his senior year

honorable mention

Lamb
El-Amin - Fros and soph year
Sheffer

I'm hesitant to add guys who were spot up shooters and needed to be open (Mouring, Giffey and even Doron to some degree)

My top guys are ones who were clutch, made dagger 3's and who hit them with a hand in their face at all times. Those top 6 were never "open".
Kemba's senior year? Can't seem to recall that.... And he still wasn't a great three point shooter is junior year...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If only they kept records of this stuff.

Reaction Score
Ray ray may be the best pure shooter from any spot in the game.. But when I think who made more "big" 3s I think.
Bazz (this man made big shot after big shot from anywhere.... I was at NCAA championship and I literally almost passed out when he made that shot from the center circle basically to stop a run....). Crazy.. The Kentucky fans literally puked in unison ..
Rashad made some big 3's even as a underclassmen . One from the corner We can remember.
Ray is the Jesus and no one ?!s w the Jesus but bazz made more game changers ..IMO

So when I think of big 3s I think bazz all day. I know he wasn't the best shooter we have had but I can think of so many big shots he made that changed the game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom