Berzinksas becomes fourth quarterback commit for 2012 season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Berzinksas becomes fourth quarterback commit for 2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't be a good sign if the local high school coaches are disappointed, if that is in fact true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just refer to Pasqualoni as piss poor?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Can't be a good sign if the local high school coaches are disappointed, if that is in fact true.

they are mad becuase after getting PP they haven't produced for him so they are trying to look good in pumping EB. this years class was brutally small compared to most. next year they will be all happy/fun becuase of how good it is etc... but i'm sure they feel like poop for only having 2 kids that were worthy of bcs playing from public schools this year.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Yes. He needs derogatory names for people he wants to put down. Too much trouble to try to do so by rationally building a case against him using TAPATALK.

LOL that was funny.

Reaction Score

They need to get over themselves if that's the truth. At the level we're at and the level we want to get to, we recurit based on a players abiltiy, not because his high school coach might wan to have his belly patted.

Reaction Score
This thread is just crazy. Where were the kids MAC or even FCS offers if he is such a talent. Nothing from Buffalo, Temple UNH, Maine, URI, Stoney Brook, Fordham ect.....You don't think Morehead knew enough about this kid to maybe make a Fordham offer if he was interested.

The kid had no offers. The coach at Milford says all his players are D-1 talent. That is his job. The more people he gets to decent schools the more money he puts in his pocket. Milford is a one semester football factory and has much more profit potential if they show kids going to Purdue than Stoney Brook. Ryan Osiecki went the walk-on route to Louisville via Milford. He spent a year there and realized there is no value to being at the bottom of the QB depth chart. Went to New Haven and seems to have found the level of football that fits his skill set.

Maybe Edsall wan't so nuts in regards to his relationship w/ some CT HS coaches. They and obviously some fans still seem to think that every talented kid in CT should get a scholarship offer. Everything we know about DeLeone and his offense is that he wants a multi-dimensional QB. Maybe, just maybe a 6'5" pocket passer just doesn't fit, but I guess accordong to some UConn should adapt their offense to fit quarterbacks from CT.

UConn has the Gatorade player of the year from CT as a QB commit along with a former 4 star QB from the JC ranks. Add that to a RS soph in McCummings and a true soph in Nebrich and there are more than enough QBs on this team. Stop trying to make Berzinskas into Dan Orlovsky. If it wasn't for Connecticut12 we wouldn't even know about this kid other than a couple of blurbs about tepid interest from a few other schools. Some very experienced coaches who have been college recruiters for decades didn't think he was good ehough to get an offer. That is good enough for me.

One other note, Iowa does not have a QB in this class yet. They spent a ton of time on Berzinskas and have a good pipe line through Milford. Even without a QB they seemingly never came close to offering a scholly or a walk-on. That tells me a lot.

Reaction Score
Maybe coach p is preparing for some transfers ..... Out of storrs?

Reaction Score
Thanks husky supporter I figured someone of you guys would have the scoop!

Reaction Score
Thanks husky supporter I figured someone of you guys would have the scoop!

No scoop. Just to be expected with a new coaching regime. We saw the first wave last season, and there is sure to be more this year. Kids that don't mesh with the new coaching staff, players that feel their playing time is blocked . . . etc.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm new to season ticket holding and following huskies football just a couple of yrs now.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Yes, that's exactly what I'm not a fan of. Not to mention not playing Nebrich when his redshirt was long gone.

Reaction Score
Preferred walk on status @ Purdue for a CT resident will cost 40k +. Plain old walk on status for a CT resident, at UConn, would've cost 22K+
I don't believe anyone offered him a scolie. One has to wonder if he made the wisest of decesions.

Reaction Score
Yes, that's exactly what I'm not a fan of. Not to mention not playing Nebrich when his redshirt was long gone.

Agree on the use of Nebrich, disagree on the 5-7. I believe they burned his redshirt thinking he was going to be a contributor, but changed their minds after seeing him in action. Whether or not they were right or wrong for not playing Nebrich is not something we'll ever know. I think they should have, but that's just an opinion. I/we could be wrong.

As far as 5-7, with glaring issues at QB/WR and RB, the end results weren't all that bad. If we played some of the early season games that we lost, later in the season, after the staff had a better idea of who could do what, I feel confident in saying we would have made a bowl game.

It is what it is, Vandy, Iowa State and Western Michigan were all capable bowl teams, and they played us early, as we were still finding our way.

Reaction Score
Agree on the use of Nebrich, disagree on the 5-7. I believe they burned his redshirt thinking he was going to be a contributor, but changed their minds after seeing him in action. Whether or not they were right or wrong for not playing Nebrich is not something we'll ever know. I think they should have, but that's just an opinion. I/we could be wrong.

As far as 5-7, with glaring issues at QB/WR and RB, the end results weren't all that bad. If we played some of the early season games that we lost, later in the season, after the staff had a better idea of who could do what, I feel confident in saying we would have made a bowl game.

It is what it is, Vandy, Iowa State and Western Michigan were all capable bowl teams, and they played us early, as we were still finding our way.
Only thing I disagree with is Nebrich playing more. I was of the opinion that once you play him, you have to go with him, but the more I think back, I'm not convinced that we get to even 5-7 with him. I know palatine will get all upset, after all he saw Nebrich against 16 year olds in one dimentional pass defenses, but it was pretty clear that the kid simply wasn't ready for the main stage based on his play. Given our recruiting, especially Whitmer, I think there is some doubt as to whether he will be ready by the UMass game this year. Pasquoloni is in this to win. I have no doubt about that. Given that, I think they used the quarterbacks they felt gave them the best chance.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

All fair points Mike, the only thing that impressed me was the over due manhandling of Rutgers. Other than that, going below .500 with the talent we had wasn't acceptable. To be fair I wasn't expecting a BCS berth, but 6 wins shouldn't have been too hard with our defense and running game. Heck, we've gone bowling with less than average QB play for years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01