Beruuuuube's team wins conference championship | The Boneyard

Beruuuuube's team wins conference championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Their first ever! The #4 Jumbos beat #11 ranked Amherst a second time this season for the title.

Tufts wins first NESCAC championship with 62-46 victory against Amherst

coach_5.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Isn't it about time that one of the many Div II or Div I schools in Greater Boston recruit this fine young coach as at least an assistant wcbb coach?

Reaction Score
Very happy for her and I hope she and the team do well in their big dance. Always one of my favorites...then again the list is longer than my sleeve, and still growing.
Doing UCONN, Geno and the staff proud! Congrats and GO JUMBOS !!!

Here is a bit on how they got their unique mascot.
http://www.tufts.edu/home/get_to_know_tufts/history/jumbo/

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is in the Goddard Chapel at Tufts that our nephew is getting married this coming Saturday with my wife presiding. I hope the campus is filled with excitement for the team.

Reaction Score
Isn't it about time that one of the many Div II or Div I schools in Greater Boston recruit this fine young coach as at least an assistant wcbb coach?

Who says they haven't?

Nescac coaching jobs are very good gigs. Pay is good, the kids are very smart, and there is limited recruiting. I definitely cannot imagine leaving that for div 2. And div 1 only if you were really ambitious to be a big time coach.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think I saw somewhere an interview where she voiced reluctance to move up or away at the present time - not unlike Jen. The right job for their current priorities in life sort of thing.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I had lunch with her, a couple years ago now that I think about it, and I got the impression she was very comfortable where she was. I'm sure some people in her position see it as a stepping stone for a D1 job, but that wasn't the impression I received.

Congrats Carla on a fine accomplishment!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
#4 Jumbos avoided a huge upset, edging unranked New England 57-54 in OT in NCAA 2nd round. Game won on a buzzer-beating 3.

Next up (almost surely at home) vs unranked Castleton St (VT) in the sweet 16.

The winner of that game faces the winner of #11 Amherst vs Ithaca.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr