Ben Gordon … Not Again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ben Gordon … Not Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You should brush up on “Less is More” that has resulted from flaws in NY bail reform. And I hope you don’t have friends or acquaintances who have become victims as a result. I have.

I don't know enough about this issue to have an opinion one way or the other. I do know that using the NY Post as your reference makes you look wrong.

Future warning: the NY Post is a laughably terrible publication. Find something else!

And FWIW it is already hella easy to go back to prison for parole violations. I don't know how much of this article is right, but I do know it's misleading. Parole officers are also abusive pieces of crap. My brother went back for a 3 day dip because the battery wouldn't charge on his ankle monitor and no one at the parole office would pick up the phone. I know people who left the county for less than 30 minutes to see their kid and had months added to their sentence.

Reaction Score
Yeah the answer for seriously mentally ill people is not prison
The answer for violent criminals is the courts locking them up in a mental health institution or in prison. The answer for violent criminals certainly isn't leaving them be where they will victimize more people.

He's shown through his behavior he won't help himself and he's shown he has a penchant for abusing people. These decisions already should've been out of his hands.

Reaction Score
I don't know enough about this issue to have an opinion one way or the other. I do know that using the NY Post as your reference makes you look wrong.

Future warning: the NY Post is a laughably terrible publication. Find something else!

And FWIW it is already hella easy to go back to prison for parole violations. I don't know how much of this article is right, but I do know it's misleading. Parole officers are also abusive pieces of crap. My brother went back for a 3 day dip because the battery wouldn't charge on his ankle monitor and no one at the parole office would pick up the phone. I know people who left the county for less than 30 minutes to see their kid and had months added to their sentence.
Please don’t lecture me on my sources. I’m aware of the right-of-center POV of the NY Post. Would you prefer that I cite The NY Times, WaPo or the Atlantic?

Reaction Score
Please don’t lecture me on my sources. I’m aware of the right-of-center POV of the NY Post. Would you prefer that I cite The NY Times, WaPo or the Atlantic?

There are plenty right-of-center sources that aren't the laughingstock of the journalism industry. I think we could all tell you're not the brightest bulb on the bush, but you've shown yourself to be better than stooping this low.

It took me less than a minute to find info from both sides on NY's bail system. All you have tl do is not copy and paste the first result that comes up on Google my guy.

Reaction Score
Time for Mr. Gordon to spend a few weeks in prison before he really cripples someone.

Reaction Score
There are plenty right-of-center sources that aren't the laughingstock of the journalism industry. I think we could all tell you're not the brightest bulb on the bush, but you've shown yourself to be better than stooping this low.

It took me less than a minute to find info from both sides on NY's bail system. All you have tl do is not copy and paste the first result that comes up on Google my guy.
Why do you constantly make the issue personal? You did the same thing to me when you said you thought I was a decent guy. Frankly says a lot about you when you feel the need to resort to personal attacks when someone disagrees with your opinion.

Reaction Score
SMDH Boneyard jury ready to lock him up. Maybe we could wait for the full & complete story, need to see some tape

Reaction Score
The funniest thing is, if people thought that NY's bail and charging laws are crazy, wait until they get a hold of Chicago's!

Reaction Score
Ben needs help in the worst of ways. If you have been following his Instagram for the past 6 months then you know how bad Ben is down right now.

Reaction Score
Media nowadays does way too much damage. I do not like Kyrie but he’s getting shafted by the media beyond belief and so is Ben

Reaction Score
So what is the answer? Do we wait for people who purposely hurt others to keep doing it until it happens to someone we love. Sorry, he has had every opportunity for success and happiness in his life. I wish society would stop making excuses for people and start protecting the innocent.

Reaction Score
So what is the answer? Do we wait for people who purposely hurt others to keep doing it until it happens to someone we love. Sorry, he has had every opportunity for success and happiness in his life. I wish society would stop making excuses for people and start protecting the innocent.
No, you don't wait for him to hurt someone, you get him the mental help he clearly needs. Tossing him in a jail cell for a few weeks is going to do nothing but continue the cycle he's on

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
No, you don't wait for him to hurt someone, you get him the mental help he clearly needs. Tossing him in a jail cell for a few weeks is going to do nothing but continue the cycle he's on
The truth as always lies in between. People with mental illness need help but if you do something wrong (especially if its multiple times) you need to face punishment.

Reaction Score
Y’all act like Gordon pushing people in a McDonalds at 3:20 am is all a product of his mental health. Wtf you doing out that late after numerous run ins with the law recently and a family at home? He’s needs a punishment before he hurts himself or someone else. At the same time get him some help as well, but there needs to be consequences for your actions.

Just cause you got mental problems doesn’t give you an accuse to roam the streets and assault people or punch your kid in an airport.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Put me in the category of Ben needs to be in a secure facility with round the clock supervision where emphasis is on mental health not just incarceration.

But he does need to be restrained and needs healthy adults who make final decisions.

He ain't well and he won't be well any time soon.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I think you look fairly stupid here, personally.

Hard to stand out on that front here, but you managed. Well done.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Put me in the category of Ben needs to be in a secure facility with round the clock supervision where emphasis is on mental health not just incarceration.

But he does need to be restrained and needs healthy adults who make final decisions.

He ain't well and he won't be well any time soon.

Yes. And yes. And yes.

He’s not okay and has not been okay for a fairly long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom