Belated RIP Karl Wallinger | The Boneyard

Belated RIP Karl Wallinger

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just learned this morning that one of my favorite musical artists passed back on 3/10. This one hurts. First heard him back with the Waterboys in '83. After he split with them, saw World Party's first tour at Toad's in '86. Owned everything he put out and still play his music often. Have been waiting for new music from him for 20 years, always thinking it was right around the corner. Guess it's never to be, although if his posts through the years are to be believed, there's likely a stash of songs he simply never released. While he did have success in the 90s with the Grammy-nominated Goodbye Jumbo, and Bang!, he was a man somewhat out of his time, blending Beatles/Dylan/Prince into his own sound, and IMHO, was woefully underappreciated. Can't believe I didn't learn about this till now. Pretty much ruined my day despite last night's win.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't expect anyone here to enjoy Karl as much as I did, but I did want to post some retrospectives:

From one of his biggest shows post the aneurysm that cost him 5+ years of his career as he had to relearn how to talk, sing and play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom