Beers to Oklahoma | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Beers to Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would have been too easy to have her for a season. Now our bigs will have more opps and reason to hit their potential to Natty up.
Would love to hear from hoopsnloops32 expound on her other post "there are lots of rumors of maybe some beliefs Beers holds that might be harmful or problematic to the players currently on the team"
I agree--that is a very loaded statement that requires a little more substantive explanation. "Harmful and problematic" might be a tad bit strong. But this seems to be cropping up quite a bit. I wonder whether this perception possibly stems from Beers having attended Valor Christian in Highlands Ranch, CO-- a private conversative HS there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we get on with life now?
Bill Nye No GIF by PeacockTV

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I was sick of hearing about her anyway. She chose the easy road and God bless her. If you can't take the heat of going for a NC and don't want to play with the best point guard in the country, then Oklahoma is the right place. Just be careful of the tornados. LOL. Good luck to her.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She decided to team up with like minded coaches and people. That's OK. It's important. She has 2 years left. Might as well be comfortable in your environment. That's the best way to enjoy the college experience.

Reaction Score
This sounds like a wake. Cheer up BY'ers. Raegan Beers is where she should be (ie Who knows what went into her decision; there could be many reasons that are personal to her and her family that we will never be privy to) but, come on, overall we are just fine. There is much for UConn fans to be thankful for. We have a NC contender team despite all the grumbling about the 5 position. Jana will be ready and will be a force to be reckoned with in the paint and will have some excellent backup.

Then there's the 1,2,3 and 4 positions that can stack up against anyone. Yes, there are always naysayers that tell us that there will be several coming off injuries and will need to take it slow. True. So? This team was one terrible call and a basket from going to the NC. There is added experience at the 1 and new, exciting AA recruits/returning shooters besides one of if not the best players in America at the 2/3 who will be hellbent on going all the way. We added the #1 recruit at the 3/4 position. There will be backup at the 5. To me the upcoming season has all the makings of a 12th NC run (knocking on wood - or not).

Let's wish Raegan the best of luck and move on. Next?
Yes, definitely yes!!

Reaction Score
Not really disappointed at all, Raegan Beers did what’s best for her and her family, and Geno pretty sure has a couple of great players on his radar still! “We’re UConn” and 22 years ago who did we beat in the Championship? Oklahoma. No worries UConn will be fine!

Reaction Score
So that leaves Timea Gardiner from Oregon State as the last available big?
In my opinion she is the one that fills the need that UConn has right now. She is a taller player but she has the ability to score from three and also take the ball to the basket. I think some fans think bigger or at least taller is better but UConn is so loaded they really need specific skillsets and good health. If they get the latter none of the players in the portal they could get would be any better than the players they already have on the roster.

Reaction Score
We have great talent in the back court, but at the post, we are, once again, extremely thin. We have one legitimate post player in el Alfi, and she is coming back from a devastating Achilles injury.

We're small. Again.

Reaction Score
I was sick of hearing about her anyway. She chose the easy road and God bless her. If you can't take the heat of going for a NC and don't want to play with the best point guard in the country, then Oklahoma is the right place. Just be careful of the tornados. LOL. Good luck to her.

This is an awful post to say the least. Good luck to her at Oklahoma. If she reads your post, she'll probably probably play her heart out against Uconn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This is an awful post to say the least. Good luck to her at Oklahoma. If she reads your post, she'll probably probably play her heart out against Uconn.

I don't believe UConn is scheduled to play OU at any point in the near future. And hopefully, Beers plays her heart out against all competition.

Reaction Score
And there are others as well,
  • Maori Davenport
  • Maryam Dauda
  • Kennedy Basham
Basham is returning home to play for current ASU coach Adair. The Sun Devils have turned over the roster in a forlorn effort to compete in the Big 12 next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom