Beer | Page 265 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For those of you in New York.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
When I saw it, I was blown away. I get buying the golf course near you. But they are building this one from the ground up. They must be swimming in cash. Going to attract the horse crowd and anyone heading up to the ADK.
It's a brilliant business model. So much capacity in Charlton and by creating these fabulous consumption centers, they "distribute" without anybody else getting a cut.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
One of my favorites
IMG_2355.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Treehouse on Saturday. Had the Ghost Emoji IPA. Then Rover the side pour Dunkel. It was spectacular. Wanted a different beer for #3 so got Behind The Times, a Rauchbier but basically based on that Rover Dunkel. That was amazing.

IMG_2362.jpeg

Reaction Score
I feel like everybody is making rauch this fall which is disappointing because my local hang out is dropping theirs and they love doing german beer and have been wanting to make one for quite awhile.

That being said they did a good job with this one.

I have been pushing Czech dark lager as well and I fear that's the next trend that's coming along because of Schilling's Karluv 13. I say that because I'd rather have my friend push out beers that aren't part of a trend but i'm really feeling that's going to be the 'everybody has one now' of 2024.

Of course I've been on him to produce one of their base stouts which people really like.

The tribulations of hanging out at a nanobrewery run by hobbyists.

Reaction Score
In San Diego for vacation and went to North Park Beer Co - expensive but great beer, food, and the swag is cool also.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In East Haven, I found Marlowe Artisanal Ales "Black Out Jinx" stout in cans. This is huge for me!!! Cures a fix that has nagged me for months. And there was more behind the 4-pack I snagged!!

#marlowehoneyhole

Reaction Score
In San Diego for vacation and went to North Park Beer Co - expensive but great beer, food, and the swag is cool also.

North Park is seriously legit. Probably the hottest west coast brewery right now. They just brewed a collab with Fidens out there.

Reaction Score
preparing to break everybody's heart tomorrow... we'll see if I get to side project... or not

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In East Haven, I found Marlowe Artisanal Ales "Black Out Jinx" stout in cans. This is huge for me!!! Cures a fix that has nagged me for months. And there was more behind the 4-pack I snagged!!

#marlowehoneyhole
Forgot to add, these were canned last Decmber. I was a bit nervous. Stored them in the fridge upside down ,just because. And, they still taste fantastic.

Giggety.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Props to Franciscan Well in Cork. A pretty decent New England style Pale Ale and a really fun location. Had Neopolitan style pizza too, which was decent if a bit soggy. If you’re crowded on a Tuesday night, you’re doing something right.
IMG_2512.jpeg

Reaction Score

Ahh you should’ve posted before going, I went to around 100 breweries over the 7 years I lived there and could’ve helped a ton

NPBC is definitely one of the better spots. You get any food out of the kitchen?

Reaction Score
North Park is seriously legit. Probably the hottest west coast brewery right now. They just brewed a collab with Fidens out there.
NPBC is up there. I didn’t know they’ve gotten to be one of the “hottest”. I just moved back from SD in June.

Pure Project is the best and actually not far from a new NPBC location in the Bankers Hill neighborhood. Modern Times, Harland, Resident, obviously Stone probably round out my top 5 with NPBC being in that next set of 5-10 spots along with Border X, Belching Beaver, Black Plague, Fall, Embolden, Burgeon, Bear Roots, Wild Ales, and Booze Brothers

Really hurt to have Mikkeller leave. They were absolutely killing the NEIPA game 2016-2018

Reaction Score
Ahh you should’ve posted before going, I went to around 100 breweries over the 7 years I lived there and could’ve helped a ton

NPBC is definitely one of the better spots. You get any food out of the kitchen?

Thanks man - I was with the wife and kids so had to look for what had the best food and the bankers hill location came up as a spot to go after the zoo - food was awesome and as soon as I saw they had a collab with Troon I knew I hit the jackpot hahaha. Everyone was happy - I just loved how low key it was - granted we were there at 1 but I feel like everything good in the northeast (treehouse, Hudson valley brewing, other half) just gets packed and exhausting regardless of time of day.

Reaction Score
Almost home... I'll attach a photo Sunday when I collect all my gains.

Ironically in the end while I could have made time for side project time just slipped out on me. My plans were far more ambitious than the reality.

I only wish I didn't make this trip alone. One more day in Cincinnati tomorrow. I'll give a rundown at some point.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thoughts from Ireland. The pub scene is just tremendous. The pints are 550ml instead of our 473 ml, and they fill them to the top. So…it’s a lot of beer. We drank way too much beer all week (but thankfully walked a lot) and I don’t recall being buzzed at any point. These lower abv beers are certainly more bland, but they are way more conducive to fun and conversation. 3 US pints at Treehouse, (even if I avoid the DIPAs) and I’m impaired and probably need a nap. So I really did come to appreciate the way they do this.

There were some pretty good craft breweries, but the pubs are still dominated by Guinness brands and Heineken brands (Moretti was everywhere). Very few of the craft breweries were truing to make US style higher abv beers, they simply tried to up the taste at 4.5-4.8% or so. Sullivans Maltings Red, at 5% along with the Kinnegar Rustbucket I posted earlier at 5.1% were winners. Franciscan Well’s Hazy Pale too. Best craft taps were at a whiskey bar, so I didn’t try them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom