Beer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Looking for some new beers to try out this fall for tailgaiting.

Normally go with Shipyard Pumpkinhead, then when i'm feeling it switch over to mass drink Bud Light.

Any reccomendations?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Mine changes all the time, but when I can get a Long Trail Ale, I never pass it up. Pilsner Urquell is a go-to summer beer for me. And Guiness is my football game beer (drink one 14oz can per quarter). Dogfish Head is making some great IPA's (try the 90 minute). There are really too many good ones to list.

Honorable Mentions:
Dale's Pale Ale
Intuition Jon Boat (local here in Jacksonville)

ETA: When drinking crappy domestic swill, I go Miller Lite.

Reaction Score
When you start feeling the autumn chill, go for any variety of Innis & Gunn. The rum cask is especially warming.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hacker Pschorr
Franziskaner
A couple of German wheat beers that are always good during tailgating.

I'm also fond of several of the varieties of Redhook's beers.

And for anyone giving you grief over Bud Light or any other mass produced light beer, don't worry. They won't sneak up on you and leave you lying in the parking lot hammered drunk and they won't overpower any food on the menu.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
And for anyone giving you grief over Bud Light or any other mass produced light beer, don't worry. They won't sneak up on you and leave you lying in the parking lot hammered drunk and they won't overpower any food on the menu.

Yes, they definitely have their place. Show me a beer snob that won't drink some form of a mass produced domestic, and I'll show you a guy that has a 3 beer max.

Reaction Score
Mine changes all the time, but when I can get a Long Trail Ale, I never pass it up. Pilsner Urquell is a go-to summer beer for me. And Guiness is my football game beer (drink one 14oz can per quarter). Dogfish Head is making some great IPA's (try the 90 minute). There are really too many good ones to list.

Honorable Mentions:
Dale's Pale Ale
Intuition Jon Boat (local here in Jacksonville)

ETA: When drinking crappy domestic swill, I go Miller Lite.

DogFish Head 90 min IPA is by far my favorite mass produced IPA.

Also, I was in Prague for a week this summer. Pilsner-Urquell is the national beer of the Czech Republic. You can get a half liter stein of it for the equivalent of $1.25-1.40 at most restaurants and bars. Literally cheaper than water. Great beer too.

I've found Long Trail makes some great winter beers as well.

Reaction Score
Yes, they definitely have their place. Show me a beer snob that won't drink some form of a mass produced domestic, and I'll show you a guy that has a 3 beer max.
Sounds like me.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
DogFish Head 90 min IPA is by far my favorite mass produced IPA.

Also, I was in Prague for a week this summer. Pilsner-Urquell is the national beer of the Czech Republic. You can get a half liter stein of it for the equivalent of $1.25-1.40 at most restaurants and bars. Literally cheaper than water. Great beer too.

I've found Long Trail makes some great winter beers as well.

I think we could hang out

Reaction Score
I go for most things Long Trail or Sierra Nevada. Love my Dales as well. Founders makes great beers but it's expensive. Coors Light for or Bud Heavy for cheap stuff/drinking in bulk.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Sounds like me.

Butch, unfortunately you aren't a really hot 20 year old female junior.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with Chin on the Hacker Pschorr ... and Spaten Oktoberfest a close second. For a local flavor I've been hooked on the Hartford Steam Nurse lately.

And I also agree on the domestic light theory ... nothing wrong with and ice cold Coor's light after mowing the lawn in 95 degree heat!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Lagunitas is a very good brewery out of Petaluma CA, enjoyed all of their stuff that I've tried. On par with Dogfish Head or Long Trail.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Delirium Tremens
Moa Breakfast 12
New Belgium Cascara 22
Kronenbourg Blanc or 1664
Kentucky Bourbon Double Barrel Ale or Stout
Lost Coast Great White
Sweet Water Happy Ending

Some of those I have been working on lately.

Reaction Score
Too many good ones to name, but most are covered here.

Lately I've been enjoying a Hooker Munson's Chocolate Truffle Stout. Not a light summer beer, but delicious nonetheless.

Reaction Score
for local brews Two Roads White IPA , Workers Comp Saison, and Road 2 Ruin Double IPA are great- not a fan of the pilsner however

Ten Penny Ale is also a good one- only in growlers

If anyone is ever in the Mystic/Stonington area on a Friday- Sunday check out Beer'd Brewing Company. Its a nanobrewery and you can only get growler fills there but they always have a nice rotation of new IPA's and their Whisker'd Wit which is always on tap is awesome!

Reaction Score
Good tailgating beers:

Brooklyn Lager
Brooklyn East India Pale Ale
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Founders All Day IPA (this one x1000000000)
Heavy Seas IPA
Ballast Point Sculpin

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Widmer Hefeweizen
Twilight Summer Ale; Deschutes Brewery
Shock Top Belgian White

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Just had the Hooker watermelon beer pretty sharp stuff.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Good tailgating beers:

Brooklyn Lager
Brooklyn East India Pale Ale
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Founders All Day IPA (this one x1000000000)
Heavy Seas IPA
Ballast Point Sculpin

A nice lineup there! Since our palates are so close, try a stone IPA (not the ruination, though that's also very good). It's a knockout ipa.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I just saw 4 packs of 12 oz bottles of Ten Penny Ale, and I think some other brews from Burnside at Liquor Land in Hamden.

Oh for the"Beer Snob Drinkable beer", the Sessions ales from Full Sail are quite good. Come in short bottles. Still waiting for Rheingold to be re-resurrected (though that actually wasn't that great, it was more of an hipster beer after PBR's went from uncool to hipster cool to hipster passe).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom