BC - Our Bowl Game. +12. No One is Respecting Us. What Say You? | The Boneyard

BC - Our Bowl Game. +12. No One is Respecting Us. What Say You?

Reaction Score
At 1-6, any bowl aspirations are toast. Beating BC needs to be a priority, one that provides some solace for a tough season. Can't beat them enough as they've screwed us time and time again. Can you say ACC? They're so damn arrogrant. Need to think of this as our bowl game. +12 seems like a lot of points especially for a low scoring team from the Heights. I'm planning to jump on the points like jumping on the Green Line to watch us spoil the Eagles season.

Reaction Score
BC can score points also gives up huge chunk plays On the ground and in the pass game. They beat Army only because of a penalty on Army. Except for their loss to Louisville and beating GT last week, every game has been a field goal or less.

They had over 300 yards rushing last week and not sure the QB is all that great of a thrower on long balls. So expect UConn to load the box with a lot of single coverage. Need to stay disciplined so the qb does not get free on the corners.

Final score will be close.

Reaction Score
I think our Receivers and DB's need to dip their gloves in stick um' before the game. Castellanos seems more dynamic this year. Seems like in the USF game, the D-line was probably instructed on lane assignments and not letting the QB get out of the pocket. I'm guessing it'll be the same. If that's the case, we need to send some blitz packages, because our 4 man rush wasn't able to collapse the pocket at all. Rush the QB's decisions and don't force the DB's to play coverage for 8 seconds every pass.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think our Receivers and DB's need to dip their gloves in stick um' before the game. Castellanos seems more dynamic this year. Seems like in the USF game, the D-line was probably instructed on lane assignments and not letting the QB get out of the pocket. I'm guessing it'll be the same. If that's the case, we need to send some blitz packages, because our 4 man rush wasn't able to collapse the pocket at all. Rush the QB's decisions and don't force the DB's to play coverage for 8 seconds every pass.
I've been thinking that we need to bring in Fred Biletnikoff as an assistant coach. Or at least get a tub of whatever he used on his gloves.

Reaction Score
If we looked more competent against USF, I'd say we'd at least keep it close. BC is going to blow out pants off unfortunately. I'm hoping we just look competitive at this point.

Reaction Score
I think you had it right the first time — the game plan was not to pressure the QB as much as to limit has running lanes. For three quarters, the game plan worked very well.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
At 1-6, any bowl aspirations are toast. Beating BC needs to be a priority, one that provides some solace for a tough season. Can't beat them enough as they've screwed us time and time again. Can you say ACC? They're so damn arrogrant. Need to think of this as our bowl game. +12 seems like a lot of points especially for a low scoring team from the Heights. I'm planning to jump on the points like jumping on the Green Line to watch us spoil the Eagles season.
I thought it was a solid bet when we were underdogs to GState.....glad I didn't find a way to wager on that game. I refuse to place any bets on this team, no matter the spread....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A win would make a potential 4 win season almost bearable.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, although we've been competitive in the last three games, including the win, our performance on defense has declined. That is a concern going into this game. If we clean things up there I think we have a decent chance.

Reaction Score
BC's QB, Castellanos is not a great passer, but he is a great runner and mobile QBs have given UConn fits this year. Castellanos leads all QBs in rushing this year with 628 yards and 9 TDs. The last 2 games, he has rushed for 142 yards and 128 yards. Unfortunately, I don't see UConn containing him. He's not that big so I think you need to use a DB to spy him as LBs will be too slow, but UConn doesn't seem to spy QBs.

Reaction Score
BC's QB, Castellanos is not a great passer, but he is a great runner and mobile QBs have given UConn fits this year. Castellanos leads all QBs in rushing this year with 628 yards and 9 TDs. The last 2 games, he has rushed for 142 yards and 128 yards. Unfortunately, I don't see UConn containing him. He's not that big so I think you need to use a DB to spy him as LBs will be too slow, but UConn doesn't seem to spy QBs.
Mobile QB's have killed UConn since the move up to DI. No matter which coach we had, we always get torched by mobile QB's. It's like watching Miami beat the Mets every year (UGGGGH)

Reaction Score
If the ACC refs do not give BCU 7 free points then I predict a Husky WIN.

Thia is our bowl game in my mind.

If UVA can knock off UNC in Chapel Hill, then why can't we topple the Beagles?

Color me Blue!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
To the thread title-We don't deserve respect. Hope we win but not holding my breath. Hope we keep it close but expect a loss.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'll be there with my wife and youngest son. Going to the UConn tailgate first then the seats. If we win this game, it will ease some of the agony of this season. I hate to admit it, but my expectations are not as high as usual. BC had this one circled on the calendar since they lost last year. They were embarrassed.

Reaction Score
I've been thinking that we need to bring in Fred Biletnikoff as an assistant coach. Or at least get a tub of whatever he used on his gloves.
As a Jets fan I hated Biletnikoff

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a Jets fan I hated Biletnikoff
Everybody hated him, but he had freaking magnets for hands.

Reaction Score
We will lucky to keep the game within 12 this year. BC is going to be out to lay a beat down on us.

Reaction Score
I think we'll play hard. With all our troubles this season and last weekend's deflating loss, it's tough to have optimism that they can pull off a W, but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom