Bazz technical? | The Boneyard

Bazz technical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was at the game and very confused about Shabazz's technical. Was any explanation given on radio or TV?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
They showed a smirk on his face and mentioned that he said something to the Maryland fans but there wasn't anything shown that would suggest he deserved the T.

Reaction Score
KO was talking to one of the refs throughout the entire timeout. Clearly he wasn't pleased... But coaches never are with technicals. Big 4 pt play and a turning point in the game.

Very strange. Right up there with sarcastic clapping.

Reaction Score
One of the worst calls I've ever seen. I was maybe 6 feet from Shabazz when he got the tech. He had a smile on his face and said "That's what I do best!" to no one in particular, referring to the steal on the play right before.

I was sitting next to a Maryland guy who was equally confused, and both of the other refs came up to me - I was losing my mind - and basically acknowledged that it was a horrible call. That official - whose face I couldn't place - was a disaster from the jump. Faust was running his mouth the entire game. It was really a terrible call. I don't get into this home cooking **** too often but that one dude was brutal.

Reaction Score
Appreciate the insight. That was a real head scratcher from my bar seat. In spite of what went against the team, still got the W.[/quote]

Reaction Score
KO was talking to one of the refs throughout the entire timeout. Clearly he wasn't pleased... But coaches never are with technicals. Big 4 pt play and a turning point in the game.

Very strange. Right up there with sarcastic clapping.

That will be always be the benchmark for ridiculous technicals for me.

That call on Shabazz last night and Drummond getting T'd up for tossing the ball to an official who wasn't paying attention are also up there on the list of terrible technical foul calls.

Reaction Score
I rewatched the game on DVR and replayed that sequence several times. I could not see Napier obviously chirping, gesticulating or anything. Nobody seemed more surprised when the whistle blew than Dez Wells whom Napier was guarding. He sure didn't seem to think anything warranting a technical foul was taking place. The idea that it had something to do with Napier talking to Maryland fans is unfounded. He wasn't near fans when it was called and he was quite focused on the player he was defending. I'm sure he said something but that ref must have been looking for even the smallest reason to blow the whistle.

Reaction Score
He was next to the sideline. He said "that's what I do best" with a smile on his face. He wasn't talking to anyone. It was ridiculous. The ref that called it was a joke.

Reaction Score
He was next to the sideline. He said "that's what I do best" with a smile on his face. He wasn't talking to anyone. It was ridiculous. The ref that called it was a joke.

He wasn't that near the sideline. He had Wells and then the ref between him and the sideline. The point being that he wasn't nearly close enough to the sideline to be engaging any fans.

Reaction Score
He wasn't that near the sideline. He had Wells and then the ref between him and the sideline. The point being that he wasn't nearly close enough to the sideline to be engaging any fans.

Right, I'm just saying you're wrong because I was sitting on the sideline and everyone around me could clearly hear the entire thing. Bottom line it was a really bad call.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Amazing how many times a Tech- changes a game completely. I have no idea why. I've seen JC take one, and we went on a huge run. Yesterday it worked against us, and was bizarro.

Reaction Score
Donnie's was the worst one called by a ref. He was just imitating JC!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Donnie's was the worst one called by a ref. He was just imitating JC!:rolleyes:
You are right on that one-I was there that night and that was a homejob that gave PC chance at a W but KO came through driving the length of the court for a layup at the buzzer. Surrounded by PC fans, it was awesome-remember Ray had a coming out that night as a Fr!

Reaction Score
You are right on that one-I was there that night and that was a homejob that gave PC chance at a W but KO came through driving the length of the court for a layup at the buzzer. Surrounded by PC fans, it was awesome-remember Ray had a coming out that night as a Fr!

I was there also, sitting in the bar area with all the PC fans and KO saved the day!

I'm not going to be able to agree on the "bad T".......kind of thought the clapping was way overt he top and really stupid on Donny's part. Did it deserve a T? Not sure but stupidity does on occasion!......

You are right though Len, a home job was served to PC that whole evening and this was just the frosting.......but as we know now we're UConn and they're not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom