Baylor Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Baylor Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought the game was really physical by Baylor. Carrington was bullying and swinging hard. Overall we took their punches and kept playing. Proud of the team for finding a way, especially a young team that has to dig out of a pretty big hole.

Note: Paige has to get the ball in late game situation free throws. Cannot let anyone else get the ball. On to FF.

Reaction Score
What a game!!! this felt like a Championship game! it's amazing that such a young team could stay in the game after Baylor lead by 10 points and looked so much better than UConn till that point. Have to say that Baylor defense was absolutely amazing!

Reaction Score
Paige was already scoring before Didi went out.

Agree, BBallF. The refs were horrible. The charge on Aubrey, should have been a block on Didi, who was in the circle. Queen Egbo didn't have a foul until halfway though the 3rd quarter, the 3rd quarter. With all the physical play, how did that happen. There should have been more fouls on Baylor. Rebecca said the refs let the players know that it was going to be a physical game. What happened to what Debbie Antonelli talked about? having more flow, greater freedom for the offensive players to move. Certainly not in this game. Congrats, Aubrey for taking the charges against Carrington. Congrats, UConn. It wasn't easy, but you won the game.
That is outrageous. If they said that to the players they should have their cards revoked immediately. What right do they have to change the rules of basketball? The best thing about the women's game is that the purity of the sport is preserved here. We don't want a lesser version of the men's games.

Reaction Score
Does UConn win if Didi doesn't pull up lame? I guess we will never know. Lol

Reaction Score
I thought the game was really physical by Baylor. Carrington was bullying and swinging hard. Overall we took their punches and kept playing. Proud of the team for finding a way, especially a young team that has to dig out of a pretty big hole.

Note: Paige has to get the ball in late game situation free throws. Cannot let anyone else get the ball. On to FF.
Paige worked hard the entire game nothing was given they pushed they grabbed they tried to bully her and she still put up 28

Reaction Score
Here’s the thing about the no call at the end: I think it might have been a foul, i’m not saying it wasn’t. BUT what I am saying is that I always see players try to draw contact with a second left and it never goes well. Unfortunately, you can’t leave that up to the refs to make because they are going to be hesitant to make a call like that at the end of the game.

The officiating was not good all night. After having a smooth Iowa game this was certainly a change in pace.

Reaction Score
That should clearly have been a foul on Edwards. Elbow in the face. But the officiating was not that great all game.

It appeared that the officials had decided that they would not decide the game, not just on the last shot but for much of the game. Many will forget the play where PB obviously was tripped above the key- a clear foul that became a no-call & forced UConn to use a time out that could have been critical at game point. Both teams in this game were of championship caliber, where neither players nor coaches knew which possession would be the one that could decide the game.

Reaction Score
Just heard Debbie Antonelli saying there was no controversy. Carrington was fouled. You are such a hypocrite. How about all the fouls not called against Baylor. You're the one always talking about loving offense. Baylor played more like it was a football game. I hate when people talk out of both sides of their mouths. If that had been UConn who she thought had been fouled, she wouldn't have said a thing. HYPOCRITE!

Reaction Score
Does UConn win if Didi doesn't pull up lame? I guess we will never know. Lol
I'm gonna say no. But that's assuming the momentum would have continued in the same direction. We knew there was going to be one more UConn run. Don't think anyone thought 19-0 though. That was a classic UConn run we're used to seeing against lesser competition that blinks and finds themselves down 20.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how this is missed so often. There is literally a line drawn on the floor to make the call easier.
Not to mention - why did the refs take 4-5 minutes to ascertain that the ball was off Baylor when UConn was out of time outs? It seemed to me to take an inordinate amount of time to favor Baylor when they were giving Geno & Co. a free time out and the players a blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom