Baylor-Oregon State thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Baylor-Oregon State thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
yes, Kim was a raving maniac for most of this game....they say it is because she is so competitive and hates to lose....well, from her body language and facial expressions at the end of the game, I would say she was relieved at not having to face the prospect of playing the Huskies (the east coast version) and be annihilated on national TV. It protects her image and saves face for next year when she surely believes she will be able to compete with Uconn. I saw the same look on the faces of Muffet and Dawn earlier in the tournament.

Yes, I am sure that Kim was relieved not to make it to the Final Four. It looks much better to lose to Oregon State in the regional final that it does to lose to UCONN in the FF.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Had the tournament gone as expected then the fan interest would have been greater. Since nobody thinks that any of these teams has a shot at UCONN interest will be mild, at best.

Interest among whom? Among the haters that are on their annual hate parade against women's basketball?

The fact that UConn is going for something so historic should draw interest regardless of the opponent.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interest among whom? Among the haters that are on their annual hate parade against women's basketball?

The fact that UConn is going for something so historic should draw interest regardless of the opponent.
And the stories for the three newbies are pretty good with some great talent that does not often get seen.
OSU - phoenix rising from a dumpster fire
Washington - Osahor, just an absolutely unique player, and Plum
Syracuse - Men and Women and giant killer.

And just the uniqueness of a FF without Stanford, ND, Baylor, or TN - 2006 is the last year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Had the tournament gone as expected then the fan interest would have been greater. Since nobody thinks that any of these teams has a shot at UCONN interest will be mild, at best.

Sure hope your wrong about that. I want to believe that households in Washington and Oregon and in the PAC12 generally are going to move the needle up on that old Nielsen meter. Also, the sheer drama of the 4 in a row, 11 over all will they do it question will suck people in I'll betcha.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sure hope your wrong about that. I want to believe that households in Washington and Oregon and in the PAC12 generally are going to move the needle up on that old Nielsen meter. Also, the sheer drama of the 4 in a row, 11 over all will they do it question will suck people in I'll betcha.

Nah...I am guessing that it will be one of the least watched FFs in recent years. Fans like suspense and this FF will be void of that.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nah...I am guessing that it will be one of the least watched FFs in recent years. Fans like suspense and this FF will be void of that.

So you, like, Dan Shauwhatever, are going to ignore the metrics pointed to by Kara a few days ago. If your argument were valid, then the NCAA viewing metrics should have been depressed from the get go. But they have been up - 46% up. Still, I know playoff viewership can be volatile. guess we'll have to wait it out.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Mulkey reverted to the Odyssey Sims offensive game plan, which was to ask Jones to do it all by herself toward the end of the game. You would think she would have learned by now that isolating one player on each play is really not going to work. But, Mulkey is stubborn with that habit of trying to isolate one player and giving her the ball.

Next season Baylor will have 5 players on the floor who can score. Niya Johnson has been a great PG but when the competition has increased has proven to be an offensive liability.

Baylor would have been better off without Johnson on the floor last night since Mulkey wanted the ball in Jones' hands. We would have been better off with Prince and Wallace on the wings as they are both shooters. But instead, Mulkey puts the ball in Jones' hands and has Johnson, who is not an offensive threat, on the wing, basically leaving her with only 4 offensive threats.

I was rooting for y'all.. A PG that's afraid to shoot it in big games.... Trust me ETT, I feel your pain better than anyone else here.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

As we have learned in recent days, even UConn's blowouts rate higher than other teams' close games. So that lessens the need for guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom