Baylor looks very tough...very tough! | The Boneyard

Baylor looks very tough...very tough!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
They crushed Oklahoma State in the Big 12 quarters....at one point led 23-0. Sound like anybody we know?
Should they win that tourney [maybe over Iowa State in the finals on Sunday?] my bet is they jump into the 4th one seed...Louisville
getting demoted. Baylor in Wichita? Iowa State bumped to Bridgeport as a 3 seed?

Neutral court: I would take Baylor over Louisville by double digits.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I wonder if the Selection Committee keeps the top 2 seeds close to home in hopes they draw.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
By the same token, Iowa St, once a 2-seed by the NCAA selection committee, struggled against a mediocre WV team, before eaking out a win. At one point in the game, the Cyclones went 1/19 shooting the ball.

Reaction Score
Baylor lost to OU twice and unranked KSU. They are a very good team but not super strong team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
By the same token, Iowa St, once a 2-seed by the NCAA selection committee, struggled against a mediocre WV team, before eaking out a win. At one point in the game, the Cyclones went 1/19 shooting the ball.
ISU led by as much as 21 in the 3rd quarter before letting WVU back in.

Iowa State was 9 of 17 from 3 in the first half.

Reaction Score
Filling home brackets out this year will be difficult…filling them out with what your heart wants might not be the way to go..filling them out with what you feel in your gut…maybe not the way to go either…selecting favorite Mascots or school colors? Just my thoughts.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Filling home brackets out this year will be difficult…filling them out with what your heart wants might not be the way to go..filling them out with what you feel in your gut…maybe not the way to go either…selecting favorite Mascots or school colors? Just my thoughts.
This will be a year in which someone looking at the entire bracket, just like with the Men's tournament, will have to try to spot the one or two teams who will surprise. This will likely be a crazy, and exciting, tournament for WCBB.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
The Bears gave up zero points in the first quarter, 14 in the 2nd. And won the game by 40 points.
As much as I like them, this margin of victory, in a Big 12 Tournament Game, provides fuel to the critics of Women College Basketball.

Reaction Score
Don’t sleep on Baylor! We are playing our best basketball right now!

Reaction Score
Baylor lost to OU twice and unranked KSU. They are a very good team but not super strong team.
You do realize those 2 losses were off Covid! The last lost to Oklahoma was a head scratcher for sure! Baylor is peaking at the right time! I wouldn’t want to play us in the tournament!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You do realize those 2 losses were off Covid! The last lost to Oklahoma was a head scratcher for sure! Baylor is peaking at the right time! I wouldn’t want to play us in the tournament!
Baylor is a good team to be sure. But I’m watching Oklahoma’s Lilliputians try to defend Smith, Bickle & Egbo, and it’s clearly a mismatch in the paint. I struggle to understand how the Sooners ever beat the Lady Bears.

Reaction Score
Baylor is a good team to be sure. But I’m watching Oklahoma’s Lilliputians try to defend Smith, Bickle & Egbo, and it’s clearly a mismatch in the paint. I struggle to understand how the Sooners ever beat the Lady Bears.
The first one was coming off Covid and the second one was a head scratcher for me!

Reaction Score
Baylor is good, but OK defense is just PATHETIC.

Reaction Score
I was going to say the same thing. They lost to K State then canceled the game with TCU due to a "teamwide" outbreak of covid. I remember the announcers for the OU game following the covid halt saying it especially affected Egbo. The second game? No excuse for that.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure Baylor should get a number one seed just for winning the Big 12. Smith is a good ballplayer, one of the best, but I don't consider beating Oklahoma, who today literally stood still and watched Baylor shoot the ball and then didn't blockout a rednecked soul, as impressive as some seem to. And they lost to them twice. Also, although I like Iowa St a lot, beating them is, for me, beating a Top 12 team not a Top 8, as they have been ranked. I haven't watched Texas play as much as the others because I can't stand watching that coach on a pogo stick bouncing around the sidelines. Louisville didn't help themselves, but I'm not sure Baylor is the one to jump them. But then, I use my eyes to make this assessment, not a stat sheet or a schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure Baylor should get a number one seed just for winning the Big 12. Smith is a good ballplayer, one of the best, but I don't consider beating Oklahoma, who today literally stood still and watched Baylor shoot the ball and then didn't blockout a rednecked soul, as impressive as some seem to. And they lost to them twice. Also, although I like Iowa St a lot, beating them is, for me, beating a Top 12 team not a Top 8, as they have been ranked. I haven't watched Texas play as much as the others because I can't stand watching that coach on a pogo stick bouncing around the sidelines. Louisville didn't help themselves, but I'm not sure Baylor is the one to jump them. But then, I use my eyes to make this assessment, not a stat sheet or a schedule.
Cmon. The loss by the Cards to unranked Miami at this point in the season trumps all of the above

Reaction Score
I always think Baylor is a tough team to play.
Even after the coaching change, it was a senior heavy team with some really good players. They struggled early on but hitting their stride now. Smith/Egbo/Bickle/Lewis and company are a tough draw when clicking. Again, when it comes to post season experience goes a long way.

Reaction Score
I think you are using your heart, not your eyes.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Try focusing on the team and players on the court and not the coach on the sidelines; it's not that difficult.

Reaction Score
Cmon. The loss by the Cards to unranked Miami at this point in the season trumps all of the above
So if a Louisville loss to Miami trumps (is more important than) a Baylor win against Oklahoma and Iowa St., then losses are more important than wins. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point. Anyway, I didn't say Louisville shouldn't be jumped I said I'm not sure Baylor is the one to jump them based on who they are beating.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom