Baylor Going Down to KU | The Boneyard

Baylor Going Down to KU

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was afraid of this game. I had a feeling that this young group would not receover well from the UCONN game. Now I see why Kim doesn't like that OOC game during conference play.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
UCONN hangover. It happens frequently.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
71 - 58 Kansas with 2:58 to go.

Simms has half of 58 points.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
See you in the final 4...

Seriously, Kansas is 8-9 and 1-4 in their league. I don't care if they played UCONN, ND, and Duke in the previous 3 days and all the games were close. No way Baylor should lose to a team like Kansas, never mind a 16 point beatdown...

You came on our board after the close game vs. UCONN, crowed about the loss, and mocked several UCONN fans, and me specifically regarding my comments (in the game prediction thread) that IMHO Baylor was about a top 15-20 team. So if my reply to you seems a bit unsympathetic, it is.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Here's the thing,

For the past few seasons Kansas has always been interesting in the NCAA tournament. They have scored some upsets before. This wouldn't be that surprising based on that.

Kara Lawson made a good call in the studio which I didn't realize. Baylor hasn't played outside the state of Texas this season until this game :eek::eek::eek::eek:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was afraid of this game. I had a feeling that this young group would not receover well from the UCONN game. Now I see why Kim doesn't like that OOC game during conference play.

Or, alternatively, maybe Kim should have prepared her young team for conference road games by playing a couple of challenging OOC games on the road.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Stupid ESPN show the end of the Baylor game!!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Kansas 76 - Baylor 60. Simms with 31.

Kim has some problems to deal with.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kim got teed up and the commentators say she is not happy with the way the game is being called. Guess that means the flops are a flop.
Maybe the refs watched the UCONN game and realized the flops were simply dramatics (almost Oscar worthy), and didn't bite on it a 2nd time...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Kim got teed up and the commentators say she is not happy with the way the game is being called. Guess that means the flops are a flop.

We've heard this from Kim before. Nothing new for her.

Reaction Score
Sims took almost ;half of Baylor's shots. Seems to me to be a disservice to the rest of the team to rely on one player so much. Is that Kim's game plan? Is Sims a selfish player? Or do the younger player just jump on Sims back and expect her to carry them to the win?

Reaction Score

Maybe she should start with an out of State game and work up from there.

Reaction Score
still got that final 4 reservation? Sims 31 your bench 4!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
A slap in the face to Uconn- making the Huskies' SOS drop a bit. :)
It's worse than that. Since Kansas beat Baylor by more than UConn did, we know that there are some fans down in B12 territory that are thinking the Jayhawks should be ranked ahead of UConn. That was the logic about Baylor's stature from certain people after Monday's game.

sTu

Reaction Score
New
"I was afraid of this game. I had a feeling that this young group would not receover well from the UCONN game. Now I see why Kim doesn't like that OOC game during conference play."

Nice spin using your Baylor colored glasses once more.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Sims took almost ;half of Baylor's shots. Seems to me to be a disservice to the rest of the team to rely on one player so much. Is that Kim's game plan? Is Sims a selfish player? Or do the younger player just jump on Sims back and expect her to carry them to the win?
Those were ridiculous shot attempts by Sims at the end unless she was sure somehow she would get foul calls. For a team that scores so much (against generally bad teams) they do not have much of a plan on offense. Oddly, in the KY game after Sims was heave-hoed, Mulkey's daughter Robertson had to take over and had a career day and nearly carried the Bears to the win. Sure, 6 of her 23 points that game came on FTs, and we know how she gets those, but she can score sometimes in the bigger games.

Reaction Score
Those were ridiculous shot attempts by Sims at the end unless she was sure somehow she would get foul calls. For a team that scores so much (against generally bad teams) they do not have much of a plan on offense. Oddly, in the KY game after Sims was heave-hoed, Mulkey's daughter Robertson had to take over and had a career day and nearly carried the Bears to the win. Sure, 6 of her 23 points that game came on FTs, and we know how she gets those, but she can score sometimes in the bigger games.

Sims is 17-62 from the field the last 2 games. Though she has time, she better start to turn this around or her chance for the POY award will be lower than her recent FG percentage

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
A little while back there was some talk about a team that didn't get the respect it deserved and was now looking like a FF team. Help me out here, folks, can anyone remember who said it and what team he was talking about? I have this vague recollection that it was about a team that just lost to the #88 rated team in the Sagarin ratings, but that can't be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom