UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Did Mr Johnson commit, or is this just a UConn offer to this point?

Reaction Score
Risedorf just got selected in the 6th round # 177 by San Diego. Gorgas still hasn't been selected.

@PetePaguaga: Risedorf who is committed to UConn said he has to talk to parents college coach and someone from the Padres before he make decision #ctbase

Reaction Score
@AmoreCourant: Easy Hampton's Marvin Gorgas, a #uconnbaseball committ, taken by Mariners in 13th round

@USABaseball18U: With the 381st overall pick in the 2014 #MLBDraft, the @Mariners select Marvin Gorgas. http://post original url/Hol7NUPamh

Reaction Score
Risedorf just got selected in the 6th round # 177 by San Diego. Gorgas still hasn't been selected.

@PetePaguaga: Risedorf who is committed to UConn said he has to talk to parents college coach and someone from the Padres before he make decision #ctbase

Northwestern’s Zach Risedorf to sign with the San Diego Padres
http://www.gametimect.com/northwesterns-zach-risedorf-sign-san-diego-padres/

>>The decision wasn’t easy. “If I don’t sign, I go to a great school, play for great coaches and get a great education,” he said. “If I do sign, I get to play professional baseball. It’s a good problem to have.”

With the knowledge that he was going to get drafted, coming into the draft, Risedorf and his family had already discussed what he would do. “We had been talking about it for a couple of weeks, I knew I would get drafted, but I didn’t know when,” Risedorf said. “We weighed the pros and cons, my mom did a bunch of research into it.”

It also helped that he went in the top 200 players taken, 177th overall. “It’s a dream come true, the biggest reason is because I was drafted so high,” he added. “If I went in the 15th or the 16th round, I would have gone to UConn, but I went so high it felt too big to pass up.” As for his contract or the terms, he will find out when he flies out to Peoria, but according to Baseball America the slotted value of the 177th pick is $249,400, but that doesn’t mean he will get that amount, he could get more or less. You can view entire scale of the top 10 rounds here<<

Reaction Score
According to Baseball America's website, Risedorf hasn't signed yet. Unfortunately, for UConn, Gorgas has signed for slot money. I'm a bit surprised someone would pass up on an education at UConn for a pre tax amount of $100,000. He will wallow in the low minors for 2-3 years. The chances of eventually making it for 13th round picks is slim.
Had he gone to UConn not only does he get an education, but in 3 years, if he does well enough, he could have signed for big bucks, a la Springer, Barnes, Olt, Ahmed etc. Sometimes these kids do not get great advice.

Reaction Score
According to Baseball America's website, Risedorf hasn't signed yet. Unfortunately, for UConn, Gorgas has signed for slot money. I'm a bit surprised someone would pass up on an education at UConn for a pre tax amount of $100,000. He will wallow in the low minors for 2-3 years. The chances of eventually making it for 13th round picks is slim.
Had he gone to UConn not only does he get an education, but in 3 years, if he does well enough, he could have signed for big bucks, a la Springer, Barnes, Olt, Ahmed etc. Sometimes these kids do not get great advice.
The Waterbury RA had a story today. Risedorf graduates HS tonight, then flies out tomorrow to sign contract. They did not have the terms of the agreement.

Reaction Score
Hey Oxford Bob. I hear the shortstop from Oxford HS is getting SEC looks. Can you tell us about him?

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised. He's only about 5'9/5'10 about 160. Pretty good glove, hits CT pitchers ok ( he slumped towards the end of the year). He isn't fast nor does he hit for power, more of a gap hitter. His HS coach is UConn Asst coach Hourigans' brother and I think he plays AAU for Team CT, so he will get plenty of opportunity to show his stuff.

Reaction Score
With Risedorf and Gorgas officially not coming anymore, does anyone have the current list of incoming Freshmen for next year?

Reaction Score
With Risedorf and Gorgas officially not coming anymore, does anyone have the current list of incoming Freshmen for next year?
Go back through this thread for more detailed info, but, as far as I know:
Jack Riley 1b/p from MA
Dan Rajokowski 1b/p New Caanan
Nick Lamberti of E. Haven
Joe Riveria p Southington
Willy Yahn P/IF Housatonic Regional
Wm. Montgomerie P Salisbury prep
C.J. Dandreau P Rhode Island

Reaction Score
Go back through this thread for more detailed info, but, as far as I know:
Jack Riley 1b/p from MA
Dan Rajokowski 1b/p New Caanan
Nick Lamberti of E. Haven
Joe Riveria p Southington
Willy Yahn P/IF Housatonic Regional
Wm. Montgomerie P Salisbury prep
C.J. Dandreau P Rhode Island
Thanks Yonick. Fairly small class and mostly pitchers but then again we don't really lose too many players. I'm guessing we will only lose Ward and Marzi for pitchers and Verdi for position players and we have Hill ready to step in.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
All I could find on this guy is he's a 5"11" left hand hitting 1b from Philly who has power potential. He throws righty, lives in southern Jersey, attends Penn Charter HS in Philly.

Nice. How many commits is that for 2015?

Reaction Score
Nice. How many commits is that for 2015?
As far as I know, we have Rossomando a RHP from Bunnell high who was the Gatorade POY as a junior, a LHP named Poulin from Tabor Academy in MA . John Toppa an outfielder, also POY in RI as a jr., and Susi a catcher from Southington.
We did have an early commit from a kid named Kesterson, a pitcher/ss from the Utica, NY area. He is a 1st team AA, but decommited and is now going to Duke.

Reaction Score
As far as I know, we have Rossomando a RHP from Bunnell high who was the Gatorade POY as a junior, a LHP named Poulin from Tabor Academy in MA . John Toppa an outfielder, also POY in RI as a jr., and Susi a catcher from Southington.
We did have an early commit from a kid named Kesterson, a pitcher/ss from the Utica, NY area. He is a 1st team AA, but decommited and is now going to Duke.

Back in November, left hand pitcher Steven Heinrich was reported as a UConn commit for 2015. Did he back out of that commitment?

Reaction Score
Back in November, left hand pitcher Steven Heinrich was reported as a UConn commit for 2015. Did he back out of that commitment?
I forgot about him. Back in Nov. PG Crosschecker listed him as a UConn commit. Since then he was removed, leaving only Rossomando & Poulin as UConn commits for '15. This site also eliminated the ability to look up any particular individuals name, therefore it's hard to track him down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom