Banks!!! | The Boneyard

Banks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So I really wondered how long it would take for Banks to get it in gear - lots of rehab through the off season so, I wasn't being impatient, just wondering. Now I have my answer - I thought she had a terrific game tonight on both ends in the second half (and after a pretty nasty looking ankle tweak in the first half.) Somehow I imagine Shea sitting with her on Tuesday or Wednesday and saying 'Listen, I know its tough, but we need you, so you need to take the 'training wheels' of now - no more time for the slow progression.

Anyway - she deserved her own thread! great to have you back and hope the ankle isn't too sore because we really need you again in a couple of days!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She made a lot of tough, gutty plays - especially impressive after rolling the ankle. Loved the hustle play to keep the ball alive by throwing it off the UMd player; taking the charge to prevent a driving layup; a well-timed 3 that we really needed; a beautiful curling drive through the D with a soft kiss off the glass.....

I'm sure there were a few more that I can't recall at the moment. Nice job by Bri !!! Part of the UCONN "collective effort"...

Resistance is futile :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh, and I forgot the nifty little baseline drive from the right side + lay-in. Whoever was guarding her didn't read the scout or more likely didn't have one :) Bri loves that move from the right baseline. Gets real deep then flips it up with left hand off glass. It all happens so fast.....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Good to see her get some of her UConn rhythm back. We do need her to open up the attack.

You know what I loved most re: Banks? Take a look at her face after she made the driving layup through the heart of the defense in the 2nd half. She is running back up the court bursting with adrenaline, and you could see how on fire she was inside. It was written ALL OVER her face!

That feeling, for her with all the rehab , the waiting, the wondering, etc......had to be beyond priceless.

She took a big step tonight. On the road, big game, short bench, team needed a group effort, and she delivered. Huge for her. Just huge.

I'm not sure Stewie ever walks on the court and doubts whether or not she can make big plays. (She may have off nights but she doesn't go in wondering if she has it in her.). BBanks on the other hand, coming off the injury and somewhat prone to passivity for long stretches in any case, benefits tremendously from this kind of showing.

Could not be more thrilled for Brianna.

Reaction Score
Great to see Brianna respond in such a positive way when we really needed her................she synced well with her teammates today, especially in the second half...... and made several positive plays on both the defensive and offensive ends of the floor. Keep up the fine play and aggressive attitude, Brianna .......and good luck against Penn St..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
VAMike - I think you give Stewie too much credit as last year she certainly did spend a month or two in the depths of despond - but she snapped out of it and hopefully that is all in the past now.
Great description of the aftermath of that play.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This game is a huge shot in the arm for BB- she was awesome- both ends of the floor. She grabbed big rebounds under the hoop. She was defending Alyssa Thomas in the post. Making plays- finishing!!!! Because of the adversity of KML and Morgan going down, as long as they are not season ending injuries, the way the "bench and other players" are forced to step up and carry the loads, like tonight is going to make this team almost unbearable by March. Stokes, Moriah & Banks had monster games tonight- in a big tough road game. Bria, couldn't hit her outside shot obviously, but she was all over the floor again and pushes tempo and electrifies and stabilizes this team! Boy are they running offense- on all cylinders!!!!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Banks has played in 3 games in the last year. More important she missed a load of practice. Don't be surprised if she has off nights. IMO there is still more rust to remove.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Banks has played in 3 games in the last year. More important she missed a load of practice. Don't be surprised if she has off nights. IMO there is still more rust to remove.
No question, but against tough competition in a critical game she performed well - similar to her start last year. She is still a 'sophomore' in terms of her court experience so we can expect some of that inexperience as well as 'rust' to continue to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom