Banks leaving | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Banks leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I would think she just wants to play. She should go to the best academic school she can and get a diploma from there. Her future is not in basketball.

GA Tech seems to make a lot of sense to me. Good academic school. Close to home. She could get PT. Plus she could do some real damage playing alongside Kaela Davis on the wing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
GA Tech seems to make a lot of sense to me. Good academic school. Close to home. She could get PT. Plus she could do some real damage playing alongside Kaela Davis on the wing.
Yea, that's where I'd like to see her go.

Reaction Score
Best of luck Brianna! Sad to say, I am not surprised by the news. Her playing time dwindled and she is too good of an athlete to sit on a bench.

Reaction Score
He has 10 scholarships players and 2 walk ons. He just went 40-0 with 9 scholarship players and 2 walk ons. He played the entire NCAA tournament with 6 players.

He has never had a roster or rotation big enough to satisfy concerns of some Boneyarders yet amazingly has won 9 NCAA titles.
Imagine just how many more he WOULD have won, if he would only listen to US!!!

Reaction Score
I almost wonder if this is a strategic move for Banks to improve her chances of a WNBA or Professional European career in the sport. A year off to rehab and strengthen her knee and a strong senior season would help her ratings. I think at Uconn it would be hard for her to have an impressive senior season with all of the talent on the roster.

Either way, I wish her luck in the future and will miss her at uconn.

A Great Career move ... I don't think she felt she was rehab'd enough for the #2 spot ...couldn't take a year off in CT, so sit a year and come back some where in Div 1 with Gusto!

Reaction Score
I am really sad to see her go. Enjoyed her game, enjoyed the person I had the chance to see from a distance. Loved the energetic chemistry between her and MoJet. Loved the comments about the quality and closeness of her family.

Posters do seem to be assuming this change is all about basketball. Not really any of our business, but I'm not sure we know that to be fully accurate. The change could be for any one of a number of reasons, including family related, which would link to wanting to be close to home. She did say "...I will miss everyone at UConn dearly" - so clearly not an easy decision for her.

Best wishes to you BB from someone who will always consider you part of the UConn family!!

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Upon first hearing this news I felt regret as did many others, but then a couple comments on this thread really made clear the silver lining for Banks. Consider two scenarios:

Banks had 100% confidence that she will return to 100% physical health and performance, or:

Banks has doubts that she will be fully rehabbed, or that her recovery was yet tenuous. She's not going to get a redshirt unless she's "broken." Anything in the merely "subpar" category and she has to play through the year, with no doubt less than satisfactory results. However, by transferring she automatically gets to rehab an extra year without even being "broken." Not only that, but she can go the extra year for a Masters and/or be closer to home, perhaps go to a school that fits her academic interests better, perhaps a school where she will shine on the court. By transferring she turns a situation full of doubt into a situation full of hope.

I'm happy for her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just curious.... what is her major.... and/or did she already graduate in 3 years ?

Reaction Score

Orangutan- - I agree totally! Choosing GA with Andy Landers would be a major mistake but GA Tech has a good coach and an improving program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom