OT: - Backcourt violation on inbounds | The Boneyard

OT: Backcourt violation on inbounds

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I watched my nephew’s high school game today and saw something like this happen and the ref did not call a backcourt violation.

The offensive player had established front court status. It was the last status he had before he became airborne. He can’t have non existent status while catching the ball. The moment the ball is caught the clock starts and the ball is in play and the status of the player’s location on the court is established from the last location before jumping. Otherwise a player could jump out of bounds, catch the ball in mid air and come down with it out of bounds. It wouldn’t make any sense. I believe the saying “you are what you came from”. This is why I believe this is a backcourt violation.

Thoughts from any experts on this?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You can split the center line with your feet and it isn't a backcourt violation, there's a lot of leeway baked into it. You can't go into the backcourt without having posession in the frontcourt. The inbounding team never first has it in the frontcourt- the passer included. He's over the end line. It's a small-focus area look. Have to be literally in it first.

Reaction Score
both feet and the ball need to be established before it becomes a back court violation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom