Awesome (and a little sad) Donovan article | The Boneyard

Awesome (and a little sad) Donovan article

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Great article about DC and his mom (evidently her passing was six years yesterday).

DC article

Sad but beautiful article. I was 25 years older when my mom passed away than he was when he lost his mom. I can't even imagine what that must be like for a teenager.

Reaction Score
I lost my father at a very young age. I was 4, my sister was 1. My cousin lost his father at 13(my uncle). I often reflect back and truly believe it was far more difficult for my cousin. In the end, I never truly remembered what it was like. Having a single parent was my norm which on the surface Atleast made the grief easier. At 13, in many ways, that’s when you need a parent the most. You feel the loss and for a kid, that’s really difficult to deal with. I can totally relate to Donovan’s story. I am sure he knows how proud his Mom would be of him. He is a great basketball player and even greater kid. I don’t know him personally but my guess would be he is an even greater son and brother and will ultimately be an even greater father.
Go get ‘em this weekend kid. Make yourself proud! Your mother already is!!!!

Reaction Score
Connecticut Basketballl and Donovan Clingan synonymous.
Go back to the old days of the New England H S Tournament in the old Boston Garden. Went in from S. Boston on MTA. Ct ruled.
Clingan and his Mom great story.
Must be great for AK brought up in Mass and playing NCAA in TD North.
What a great pair of players we have and they are roommates.
Still 4 games to go. Enjoying every minute.
Let's do something nobody will forget.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom