Auriemma eyes dominant frontcourt in UConn’s quest for 12th title | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Auriemma eyes dominant frontcourt in UConn’s quest for 12th title

Reaction Score
Better for LIV to have done well in her 35 minutes than otherwise.!!!
She played..... she played well, and she made her teammates better with
her assists, etc. Looks like a ONO "WIN" to me.!! GO OLIVA!
Sparks or Lynx or anywhere else, it does not matter to me!!

Reaction Score
No it makes you unreasonable. Like someone who has set their standards to never lose a basketball game, ever for 10 years that would be an unreasonable expectation just as your expectations are.
"Standards"? How can one person have standards for another (others) when the accountability/responsibility/authority relationship does not exist. If fans want to have standards, we should have them for our own lives and for the situations where we have actual authority. That's hard enough. My wife and I have 4 kids, 3 in-law kids, and 11 grandkids, and I have no "standards" for any of them. God has standards for me to meet as a husband. And that's hard enough. We pray for each other. God is the one with the standards... that Jesus meets for us.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"Standards"? How can one person have standards for another (others) when the accountability/responsibility/authority relationship does not exist. If fans want to have standards, we should have them for our own lives and for the situations where we have actual authority. That's hard enough. My wife and I have 4 kids, 3 in-law kids, and 11 grandkids, and I have no "standards" for any of them. God has standards for me to meet as a husband. And that's hard enough. We pray for each other. God is the one with the standards... that Jesus meets for us.
With all due respect:
chill-not-that-deep.gif

To involve our families or our respective versions of God.

Reaction Score
Wow.

Reaction Score
well you better tell that to Missouri who were outrebounded by ten and Kentucky who were outrebounded by twelve yet still managed to beat South Carolina.........are either of those teams as good as UConn?
10?
12?
Try UCONN out rebounded by TWENTY FOUR in the finals.
Game
Set
Match

Reaction Score
Any insights as to where Oregon State’s 6’4” Taylor Jones (Texas native) or her 6’6” transfer portal teammate Kennedy Brown (Kansas native) might be looking?
NM. Just saw Taylor Jones going to Texas.

Reaction Score
Was there not a 6' 7" woman who entered the portal? 6' 7" is better than nothing. Did she get snapped up already?

Let's face it: he needs trees. Considering all of the injuries of the past year, would not it better to have some viable substitutes?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Was there not a 6' 7" woman who entered the portal? 6' 7" is better than nothing. Did she get snapped up already?
Let's face it: he needs trees. Considering all of the injuries of the past year, would not it better to have some viable substitutes?
I think the tallest player still in the portal is 6'6" Kennedy Brown of Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Dorka & Aubrey out. Liv playing with a pulled groin and Evina with a sprained ankle. That’s a lot of UConn rebounding lost due to injury. It’s time to let go of this theme and look forward to next season.
OK, OK....
Have it your way.
Last 3 meetings against SC
Last year-shoot 35% win in OT
This year first meeting-shoot 41%- get destroyed
This year finals-shoot 41% again- get destroyed again.
You gonna shoot at around 40% you need to get a lot more shots.
How you gonna get those shots?
( hint, it begins with an “R”)

Reaction Score
OK, OK....
Have it your way.
Last 3 meetings against SC
Last year-shoot 35% win in OT
This year first meeting-shoot 41%- get destroyed
This year finals-shoot 41% again- get destroyed again.
You gonna shoot at around 40% you need to get a lot more shots.
How you gonna get those shots?
( hint, it begins with an “R”)
Nobody said they would win shooting 40% or less although they did it once already................I said they had to shoot really well to win..........are Bueckers, Fudd, Ducharme etc capable of shooting well against SC? That's the challenge.......I believe they are...........SC's weakness is that they are not even a top fifty scoring team..........if you shoot reasonably well you can stay in the game and if you shoot near 50% they are beatable.....

Reaction Score
I think the tallest player still in the portal is 6'6" Kennedy Brown of Oregon State.

Thanks very much for your answer. That is exactly the person that I had in mind.. With so many unknows and injuries lurking their way around the corner, it would seem really good to have this person on board. It seems plausible that everyone needs to have backups for injuries and backups for the back ups these days.

Reaction Score
“If ifs and buts we’re candy and nuts, Oh what a party we’d have.”
Personally, I think Boston is a very, very good player-but not Superwoman.
Put a GD body on her and bang it out.
Make her work-don’t give in an inch.
Problem is UCONN goes against her with their tails between their legs.
Totally intimidated.
Gotta take it to her.
Make her work for every board.
BOX OUT!!<—>BOX OUT!!
Going into next season hoping she miss some time or that the freshman or Amari can reduce a 49-25 rebound deficit is crazy.
Need a new mindset underneath.
Need to up the PHYSICALITY.
Why does Morrow eat our lunch under the boards in the Big East?
Same reason.
Rebounding is attitude, look at Stewie, not the most muscular, but one of the top rebounders in the league, especially on the defensive end.
Quickness and desire make a good rebounder, and you better not crash the boards against Stewie. Many times she gets the defensive rebound, and beats the other team down the floor for a layup.

Reaction Score
Forget about Boston ( who everyone bows down to)
How about Annesha Morrow Morrow?
She’s 6’1” and beat us up twice.
As a freshman.
I believe it is fairly agreed on this board that the college game is changing.
Maybe we should tinker with our offense/spacing/scheme a bit.
Steamrolling BE opponents fails to impress me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nobody said they would win shooting 40% or less although they did it once already................I said they had to shoot really well to win..........are Bueckers, Fudd, Ducharme etc capable of shooting well against SC? That's the challenge.......I believe they are...........SC's weakness is that they are not even a top fifty scoring team..........if you shoot reasonably well you can stay in the game and if you shoot near 50% they are beatable.....
It is not as if shooting better and rebounding better are mutual exclusive. Against South Carolina UCONN needs to do both at a higher level. That seems like a much better plan than relying on a "perceived" South Carolina weakness or for them having an off day.

Reaction Score
It is not as if shooting better and rebounding better are mutual exclusive. Against South Carolina UCONN needs to do both at a higher level. That seems like a much better plan than relying on a "perceived" South Carolina weakness or for them having an off day.
...and CocoHusky slam dunks it.

Reaction Score
what's funnier is that those 2 games came 1 after South Carolina beat Stanford clear letdown. Going on a thursday night after Christmas Break to Missouri withour their best player, I think Dawn would admit her team was not focused. The other was a 3rd game in 3 days vs a Kentucky team that knew they had to win to get in the tournament. Let's just be honest, SC when they are focused 100% are the best team in the country. They are what Uconn used to be, every team circles them in their calendar cause they know that's the warriors of the 2017 season. I remember when warriors had lost to a bad suns team who won 20 games that season and people saying oh looks like the warriors have some flaws they might not win the finals. They proceeded to go 16-1 and win the finals convincingly. Objectively I have to be honest with the return of Saxton which I did not see coming back, I really expect them to repeat.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Forget about Boston ( who everyone bows down to)
How about Annesha Morrow Morrow?
She’s 6’1” and beat us up twice.
As a freshman.
Please remind me who won those games? I seem to recall one close game at DePaul and a blowout in CT. Zanzman is right. You’re beating a dead horse.

For the record, UConn outrebounded both IN & Stanford significantly. Against NCSt the Huskies & the Wolfpack both pulled down 39 rebounds, which is another indication of two evenly matched teams playing a double-OT game.

Reaction Score
Way to bury the headline @Jingo. Let's try this again: Preseason Game in which Neka played 6 minutes, Chinney did not play, Cox, Cambage, Amanda Zahui B did not play the Sparks lost by 13, Liv Plays for 35 Minutes and the proves that the GM was wrong?

Trailer2 GIF by Bill & Ted Face the Music
Hahaha! It matters not at all which of Liv's teammates did not play. It only matters who she played against in order to assess her performance. WNBA & Seattle superstars Breanna Stewart & Jewel Lloyd logged the most minutes against Liv's club and Liv MORE than held her own with a team-high 15 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists and two blocks. Isn't this obvious, or do you need more help in understanding this concept?

Reaction Score
Please remind me who won those games? I seem to recall one close game at DePaul and a blowout in CT. Zanzman is right. You’re beating a dead horse.

For the record, UConn outrebounded both IN & Stanford significantly. Against NCSt the Huskies & the Wolfpack both pulled down 39 rebounds, which is another indication of two evenly matched teams playing a double-OT game.
Some of these negative posters by literally making things up is mind-bogglingly so funny. I mean you just have to laugh. So Morrow whipped UCONN "twice?" You just have to laugh.

In Game 2 Morrow was 9-20 from the floor. Nine-for-twenty. With a whopping ONE free throw.

At the other end the 2 bigs for UCONN - with no Liv-- were 16-25 from the floor. Dorka has 22 and Edwards had 19 but the 9-20 from the floor Morrow really whipped UCONN? Yeah Morrow really kicked UCONN's butt in both games. C'mon!!!!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Some of these negative posters by literally making things up is mind-bogglingly so funny. I mean you just have to laugh. So Morrow whipped UCONN "twice?" You just have to laugh.
In Game 2 Morrow was 9-20 from the floor. Nine-for-twenty. With a whopping ONE free throw.
At the other end the 2 bigs for UCONN - with no Liv-- were 16-25 from the floor. Dorka has 22 and Edwards had 19 but the 9-20 from the floor Morrow really whipped UCONN? Yeah Morrow really kicked UCONN's butt in both games. C'mon!!!!!!
:eek:. Morrow averaged 25 PPG and 15 RPG in two meetings against UCONN this season-Her Freshman campaign. I'd say she pretty much kicked butt unless you can name me another player that took it to UCONN and put up those kinds of numbers in consecutive games EVER.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is she any good? Asking for a fellow poster.
She was fairly good coming out of HS but did not do well for Oregon state where I believe she had an ACL injury. She is struggling with her and identity because she envisions herself a stretch 4 and she is really not that good at deep shooting. She will block some shots and grab a bunch of rebounds but would need to become more rugged (strength) to be an effective post player. At UCONN I would not envision her getting more minutes than Amari. At Duke she might play significant more and may even start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom