Aubrey : Back spasms in final vs Villanova | The Boneyard

Aubrey : Back spasms in final vs Villanova

Reaction Score
Admittedly I don’t follow this team as religiously as many of you but tuned in for the BE tourney and was surprised how little she was used especially given the teams injury issues and her athleticism. Would appreciate your opinions.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Admittedly I don’t follow this team as religiously as many of you but tuned in for the BE tourney and was surprised how little she was used especially given the teams injury issues and her athleticism. Would appreciate your opinions.
She played 32 minutes in the quarterfinal game vs Georgetown, 31 minutes in the semifinal game vs Marquette and only 12 minutes in the championship game vs Villanova -- as she sat out the entire 2nd half with back spasms.

sun

Reaction Score
IMO it benefitted Azzi & Carol to get more PT anyway to help them continue to recover & improve their rhythm.
Aubrey also played excessive minutes throughout the season except for when she had covid.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She played 32 minutes in the quarterfinal game vs Georgetown, 31 minutes in the semifinal game vs Marquette and only 12 minutes in the championship game vs Villanova -- as she sat out the entire 2nd half with back spasms.
Actually, Aubrey started the 2nd half, played a couples minutes and Geno took her out when he didn’t like the way she was moving on the court.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope this is not a recurrence of her old back problem!!
The initial problem was a herniated disc, which was resolved with microdiscectomy surgery. Folks that have that surgery are usually much better, but not without occasional stiffness and/or an occasional spasm, particularly when they “overdo it.”

Behind the scenes this season, Aubrey spent a lot of time stretching her lower back and routinely gets extra treatment to stay loose. But 3 games in 3 days was probably overdoing it.

While Aubrey’s spasm occurred during the 1st half on Monday, it wasn’t obvious that she was hurt at any time during or after the game, so the spasm was likely minor. With 9-10 days before UConn’s next game I expect Aubrey will be ready to go when UConn takes the court for the first round of the Big Dance.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The initial problem was a herniated disc, which was resolved with microdiscectomy surgery. Folks that have that surgery are usually much better, but not without occasional stiffness and/or an occasional spasm, particularly when they “overdo it.”

Behind the scenes this season, Aubrey spent a lot of time stretching her lower back and routinely gets extra treatment to stay loose. But 3 games in 3 days was probably overdoing it.

While Aubrey’s spasm occurred during the 1st half on Monday, it wasn’t obvious that she was hurt at any time during or after the game, so the spasm was likely minor. With 9-10 days before UConn’s next game I expect Aubrey will be ready to go when UConn takes the court for the first round of the Big Dance.
Exactly!!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Could you tell me who broke that news about her back spasms to the press? Or who in the press broke it? I’m just curious- Thks in advance- if you know

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Could you tell me who broke that news about her back spasms to the press? Or who in the press broke it? I’m just curious- Thks in advance- if you know
Geno did. A question was asked during Geno’s postgame presser on why Aubrey only played briefly in the 2nd half. Geno advised that she had a back spasm in the 1st half, got some treatment during halftime and tried to play in the second half, at which time Geno could see she was struggling so he took her out for the remainder of the game.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Geno did. A question was asked during Geno’s postgame presser on why Aubrey only played briefly in the 2nd half. Geno advised that she had a back spasm in the 1st half, got some treatment during halftime and tried to play in the second half, at which time Geno could see she was struggling so he took her out for the remainder of the game.
Thk you!!!! I can’t believe I missed That

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Bamboo Lover???? Are you a fly fisherman?

Reaction Score
As I was watching the replay, I was wondering what happened with Aubrey in that 2nd half. I hope that she is able to get whatever treatment that works for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom