Attendance | The Boneyard

Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went to the Yale game today. They have a good team and a fun offense. They are doing more with far less talent. They are running a modern college football offense (no huddle, spread that attacks the edges) UCONN is just running its program into the ground.

Reaction Score
I would expect Yale to beat us this year. I honestly don't think this team would win the texas high school leagues.

Reaction Score
I went to the Yale game today. They have a good team and a fun offense. They are doing more with far less talent. They are running a modern college football offense (no huddle, spread that attacks the edges) UCONN is just running its program into the ground.
Wanted to go and wish I had..... the UConn O represents the very worst of old time football with no imagination, lack of ability to think. They show lack of leadership on the field since Casey's departure. Any new creativity is impossible given present stubbornness to staying with a committed plan to the detriment of program perceived growth.

Reaction Score
With every loss the grumbling from our season ticketholders grows louder.

UConn is going to have a heck of a time convincing people to pay up(donate) and pay for seats too for the next 3 year commitment.

Just casually I know of several groups who are not renewing their current seats.

And I'm strongly considering doing the same.

Instead they will be going "on their own". Can't blame them. They are not "fair weather fans"- just don't feel like putting out the extra cash. They will still be at every game.

Season tickets next year with the crummy home schedule could be 15 k next year.

Reaction Score
Cant wait to see the attendance for the SMU game in Dec. Could be looking at 2 teams with 2 wins each in the cold. Might be lucky to have 10k at that game.

I would consider not buying season tickets to be fair weather fans at all. I agree 100% that if our group doesn't we will still be at all the games. The school just can not expect people to pay a premium for a terrible product.

Also I think what we are seeing now is what so many people warned against with conference realignment, bad coaching hires, bad play, etc... and the worst part is the school was blind to it. Our athletic program is in deep poop when all the exit money dries up in 2 years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So you'd cancel your tickets, lose your seats and then go to every game?

What's the point?

Reaction Score
The only change i will make is to go down to 2 season tickets. It's becoming almost impossible to get people to attend, especially on a beautiful Saturday, when days like this will be scarce shortly. Damn, how i wish global warming was a reality.

EDIT: yesterday I was in arts deli in Westport. Guy walks in with a uconn shirt on, so I offer 2 tickets and he laughed, said thanks but no way, the team is so bad.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So you'd cancel your tickets, lose your seats and then go to every game?

What's the point?

The point is you would save hundred of dollars per seat. You can piece together a full season with PROMO codes or buying $5 tickets in the parking lot before every game. You can park for $10-$15 per game and park right across the street from the $100 donation (per seat) blue lot parking. By the time you get to the 3rd or 4th game of the home schedule next season, you could probably go for free and sit wherever you want.

Reaction Score
The point is you would save hundred of dollars per seat. You can piece together a full season with PROMO codes or buying $5 tickets in the parking lot before every game. You can park for $10-$15 per game and park right across the street from the $100 donation (per seat) blue lot parking. By the time you get to the 3rd or 4th game of the home schedule next season, you could probably go for free and sit wherever you want.
Been in the blue lot since the Rent opened, preferred ticket section. Dooley speaks the truth. W donation, tickets are $42 per game. Walking the blue lot and kindly interrupting other tailgaters and asking if they have any extras can get you into the game for $10 or less. Especially if you've showered and don't have that scalper look to ya :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well, no s---, you could always go to games cheaper than you could by buying season tickets.

But if you're planning to go to all the games anyway and presumably would want to get back on if the team starts winning, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

This isn't like being a Patriots' season ticket holder where the extra cash is going to Robert Kraft.

Reaction Score
Sure it does. Given my number of points I'm pretty sure I could get back into the same section pretty easily. Besides there is no bad seat in the house. And Let's be honest here, there is no pent up, Lambaeau-like demand for seats right now. Even if they turned this around, I'd be in pretty good shape

Reaction Score
This is an emergency. The school has got to offer free tickets and a $100 discount on tuition to students. The discount kicks in if the students scan their phone at the game. I'm kidding about the tuition, but you get my point. Get creative!

As for the avg AAC fan, they have to offer $5.00 seats to get butts in. Sorry season ticket holders. I go through the same thing with my hoops seats. I shell out for season tickets and than the school runs specials. My thinking is the school doesn't get it yet. I see terrible basketball attendance and plummeting football attendance

Throw the terrible product lines at me (opposition in hoops and UCONN in football). It doesn't fly. Immigrants came to America and put up with lousy jobs so their kids could have a better life. Put up with the AAC but show we are a P5 program. If you let it die, it's AAC for life. The choice is ours.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Well, no s---, you could always go to games cheaper than you could by buying season tickets.

But if you're planning to go to all the games anyway and presumably would want to get back on if the team starts winning, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

This isn't like being a Patriots' season ticket holder where the extra cash is going to Robert Kraft.

C'mon. You're comparing the Patriots to UCONN? Unlike the Patriots, you won't have to go back on a waiting list to get tickets again. If you want to get back on the season ticket base, all you have to do is pick up the phone or turn your computer on. You can become a season ticket holder again in 5 minutes after any sort of B1G or ACC (or improved product) announcement. There's not much difference in sitting in the 100s vs the 200s. If you are quick enough, you'll probably get back into the 100s anyway.

Everyone's choice is their own obviously. Our group has shrunk from 6 firm commitments every game (often an overflow tailgate) to 2-3 guys each week. At the very least, we have to drop 2 tickets from our group of 6 after this season. The remaining 4 of us have been covering the costs of the 2 guys who dropped out in the first year of the 3-year renewal for the whole term. We're still weighing what to do when the time comes but if UCONN offered a significant discount to renew early, it would make the choice MUCH easier.

Reaction Score
Fine by me. Don't pay seat donations, and don't donate to the athletic department. My basketball seats will get better and better every year (which is the primary reason that the seat donations don't bother me, even when we suck).

Dooley

Reaction Score
Fine by me. Don't pay seat donations, and don't donate to the athletic department. My basketball seats will get better and better every year (which is the primary reason that the seat donations don't bother me, even when we suck).

This is about the only reason to stay committed. I don't have basketball tickets so this doesn't bother me in the slightest. I pick a handful of games to go to a year so I don't have to sit through the boring early season games against Marathon Oil types. I did just jump aboard the hockey ticket train though but I doubt points will play too much of a factor of whether I sit at center ice or the blue line.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

And.....bingo.

Three weeks ago, people were running around like chickens on this site trying to get people to buy more tickets to get us into the Big Ten and now they're talking about dropping their season tickets because the team sucks.

There's a term for that kind of fan, no?

(Queue outrage.)

Dooley

Reaction Score
Please do not misquote me. I am not contemplating dropping tickets because the team sucks. I am contemplating dropping tickets because I can piece together a full season, parking included, at 50% (at least) the cost. I have 100% confidence that I can get comparable seats should I decide to get back on a season plan. Make no mistake about it - I will be at every single game next season and for every season following.

With the 50% savings, maybe I will add basketball tickets (don't currently have season tickets for hoops) or add more hockey tickets to my current package. Or maybe go to a few road games next year (Mizzou and BYU are written in pen on the 2015 calendar, but maybe I will add another). I realize that other fans who cancel will not do these things like I will and that's their choice. All I'm doing in stating the obvious is trying to light a fire within the AD to do something to acknowledge season ticket holders. Attendance is going to drop and there is nothing that I or anyone else clucking for the Big Ten can do about it. But UCONN can try to limit the damage and the best way to do that is to offer early renewal discounts. If they can retain 20K based on some sort of early renewal discount program, then that's a start of a good base to make an attendance push.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was actually trying to make a point through some leading questions. I'm not about to pretend you or Skib aren't diehards.

The product sucks but, if you can afford it, it's the wrong time to pull our money.

Close your eyes, bite the bullet. (And buy hockey tickets, too.)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was actually trying to make a point through some leading questions. I'm not about to pretend you or Skib aren't diehards.

The product sucks but, if you can afford it, it's the wrong time to pull our money.

Close your eyes, bite the bullet. (And buy hockey tickets, too.)

Out of curiosity, do you have season tickets for football?

Reaction Score
Season tickets, regardless of the sport, are by definition a waste of money. With the exception of a few high demand teams / access to playoff tickets for some pro sports, it is rarely a financial benefit to buy season tickets to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom