Athletic’s anon coaches poll | The Boneyard

Athletic’s anon coaches poll

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Couldn’t view it. Could you let us know the answers?

Just list the top coaches and break it down on offense, defense and in game changes. Pretty much just a list of the known top (and mostly old) coaches with a nod to one young coach, Jennie Baranczyk as a top offensive coach.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t view it. Could you let us know the answers?
Best offensive gameplan
Geno AuriemmaUConn4
Jennie BaranczykOklahoma4
Lisa BluderIowa3
Karl SmeskoFGCU3
Tara VanDerveerStanford3

“He has figured out how to do it from a spacing and screening standpoint that’s not complicated, but effective. He makes basketball into simple reads.”

“They [UConn] execute and they score and they’re efficient. They do that at an elite level regardless of their personnel.”

Best defensive gameplan
Dawn StaleySouth Carolina14
Vic SchaeferTexas5
Scott RueckOregon State3
Jeff WalzLouisville3

“It’s a mentality. She maximizes those student-athletes. You don’t always have offense to lean on, but you always have defense to lean on, and she does a good job of game-planning and making adjustments with her defense. She uses everything she has. And she has an incredible basketball mind.”

“Year in and year out, they have a high performing defensive team. I just think they know how to prepare for a team.”

Best in game adjustments
CoachTeamVotes
Dawn StaleySouth Carolina7
Tara VanDerveerStanford4
Jeff WalzLouisville4
Scott RueckOregon State3

“The South Carolina machine is a whole different level than everybody right now. But do you know how hard it is to get a bunch of All-Americans to be team players and play elite defense and compete? It’s incredible what she’s doing. Very few people have the gift to attract that level of talent, and then also get them to play hard and buy-in and be a machine.”

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The offensive is interesting - past Geno I would have been scratching my head. While I might have struggled to put together the defensive and adjustment lists, in the end, they are not surprising.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This tracked pretty closely to what I would have picked for defensive and adjustments - but for offensive game plan, other than Geno and Tara, the rest was a surprise to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom