At the Palestra with | The Boneyard

At the Palestra with

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Damn! It's not on my list of program on CBS.

I want a report on Blake Dietrick.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Really really loud. Not an elegant first half. 26-21 tigers. No outside shooting. What's up with Bmake. The penn band boos her every time she touches the ball....

Reaction Score
Princeton has to give the ball to Berntsen. I watched her play in high school. She rarely missed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Princeton shot 36.7% for the half. They are usually close to 50%.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Blake was a 3x All-American HS lacrosse player at Wellesley High. She holds the distinction of being the school's all-time leading scorer, boys or girls, in BOTH lacrosse and basketball. She was 1st Team All-Ivy in hoops last year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You are seeing very well schooled, very intelligent, very mediocre athletes playing basketball.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, what would the score be against Jose' team about now?

Reaction Score
You are seeing very well schooled, very intelligent, very mediocre athletes playing basketball.
Couldn't agree more! I don't se ehow those 2 teams can compet against atheltic teams such as South FL or any decenet P5 team

Reaction Score
Just checked it out. Massey has Princeton beating USF 69-65.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here is the real Princeton- 49-41 against unranked big, slow IVY opponent with 2:30 to go. Sorry, not ranking on this team, but the WCBB press that have insisted on making something they are not.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Princeton wins. Any team that goes undefeated during the regular season has accomplished something pretty amazing.

Haven't seen any press suggesting that they're anything but what they are - a well coached team that has gone undefeated. How folks rank'em is their fault.

Glad to have been there. Blake did great - a couple of key soul-killing drives in the second. Junior Alex Wheatley had a great game and Annie Tarakchian (out of Charminade College Prep/Cal) reminded me of Morgan Valley. Smart passer, fierce rebounder, scoring at key moments.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Here is the real Princeton- 49-41 against unranked big, slow IVY opponent with 2:30 to go. Sorry, not ranking on this team, but the WCBB press that have insisted on making something they are not.
Thing is with these small mid majors with gaudy records, sometimes they really are better than they look in these games against inferior opponents, and they can raise their game up a few notches when faced with a big name school in the tournament.

In 2011, Gonzaga was a #11 seed with a 28-4 record with close losses to highly ranked Stanford and a top 10ish and later NC-finalist ND, plus losses to more mediocre USC and Mississippi. But in conference play they had ehh games like a close win over an 11-18 Loyola Marymount and some other games that weren't that impressive. Then they go to the Tourney and go on a tear against Iowa, UCLA, and Louisville before falling again to Stanford.

You never know, and on a night when they shot way under their nation-leading 3-pt FG%, I'd be careful about counting them out in March. They will certainly get a much higher seed than Gonzaga did in 2011.

Reaction Score
Happy to report Princeton is no longer the best 3 point shooting team. UConn-40.588%, Princeton-40.563%. Just wondering-has UConn led in 3 point % in other years?

Reaction Score
Princeton wins. Any team that goes undefeated during the regular season has accomplished something pretty amazing.

Haven't seen any press suggesting that they're anything but what they are - a well coached team that has gone undefeated. How folks rank'em is their fault.

Glad to have been there. Blake did great - a couple of key soul-killing drives in the second. Junior Alex Wheatley had a great game and Annie Tarakchian (out of Charminade College Prep/Cal) reminded me of Morgan Valley. Smart passer, fierce rebounder, scoring at key moments.
I think the gravity of the situation kinda got to them. They were playing for immortality on their fiercest rival's home court with more on the line than they've ever played for.

Michelle Miller had her off game. I don't think that'll happen again this season. Penn played pretty good defense but they don't have the scorers they'd need to pull off the upset.

This game was an anomaly compared to the games I watched this season. It's the first time I didn't see the reserves get in the game and Courtney only played two of her bench players.

Like I've been saying all season they'll go at least three or four rounds and could go to the Final Four if they don't get in UCONN's bracket.

I should add that Penn's fanbase (if they have any) really let them down for this game. There were beaucoup empty seats and I'm P'ed of that their website wouldn't let me buy a ticket. I would've been sitting right behind Princeton's bench cheering them on.

But as the Bard said "All's well that ends well".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Happy to report Princeton is no longer the best 3 point shooting team. UConn-40.588%, Princeton-40.563%. Just wondering-has UConn led in 3 point % in other years?
But now they're one of only nine teams to have a perfect regular season.

I think they'll take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc