At the Big East Tourney | The Boneyard

At the Big East Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since some are probably wondering. Tickets about 95% sold and game two has about 75% filled at tip.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Josh Fortune is on a roll. Looking pretty good for Providence to make their first NCAA Tourney in a while.

Reaction Score
Afternoon session 14,925 strong. Far from a sellout, but far better than what I was expecting. Ticketmaster showed a lot of unsold tickets, I guess not.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It makes sense that Creighton fans would travel to their first ever BET with the best team they have ever had. It will be interesting to see their enthusiasm next year when the excitement rescinds and McDermott heads to the pros.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I don't know how to say this without sounding like a dick, but schools like Iowa State, Creighton, etc travel well because there is nothing else going on in their respective towns. The university is the biggest ticket in town...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know how to say this without sounding like a , but schools like Iowa State, Creighton, etc travel well because there is nothing else going on in their respective towns. The university is the biggest ticket in town...

So what is excuse for Hartford and Storrs?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It makes sense that Creighton fans would travel to their first ever BET with the best team they have ever had. It will be interesting to see their enthusiasm next year when the excitement rescinds and McDermott heads to the pros.

Creighton had great fanbase long before Doug M. You'd have to be at the Garden today to understand how many Creighton fans were there. I expected to see a lot but they are carrying the attendance.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We have jobs. Ie, we aren't farmers.

Well no offense but this is stupid even for the Boneyard.

The first reason is that UConn's roots are in agriculture. The second of course is that Creighton's fan base isn't farmers. If you really think there is less to do in Omaha than Hartford... Well you should probably travel somewhere else at some point.

Reaction Score

The first reason is that UConn's roots are in agriculture. The second of course is that Creighton's fan base isn't farmers. If you really think there is less to do in Omaha than Hartford... Well you should probably travel somewhere else at some point.

UCONN isnt in Hartford; it's in Storrs

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Creighton had great fanbase long before Doug M. You'd have to be at the Garden today to understand how many Creighton fans were there. I expected to see a lot but they are carrying the attendance.
I understand. One of my buddies father was their team physician for 25 years. It will be interesting to see if people are as motivated to travel halfway across the country to see a mediocre team once the NYC novelty wears off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I understand. One of my buddies father was their team physician for 25 years. It will be interesting to see if people are as motivated to travel halfway across the country to see a mediocre team once the NYC novelty wears off.

Yeah you assume they will be mediocre. They rarely are and that was playing in the MVC.

They have a top 15 fanbase. It's crazy and it annoys people like Wichita getting 1 seed but it's true.

Reaction Score
I was doing research for the Memphis home court advantage argument in another thread and stumbled upon the fact that Creighton had the 6th highest home D1 attendance average last year (pre-Big East). That's nuts! Better than Kansas, Duke, Indiana, Michigan (& St.), Ohio St., etc. Only UK, Cuse, UoL, UNC, and Wiscy had higher (although Kansas and Duke essentially had 100% attendance, but their arenas are smaller than Creighton's average.)

UConn- 26th, which isn't atrocious for having a mediocre team, lacking Calhoun, 8 games at Gampel, and having no fan momentum with post-season ban.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Yeah you assume they will be mediocre. They rarely are and that was playing in the MVC.

They have a top 15 fanbase. It's crazy and it annoys people like Wichita getting 1 seed but it's true.
I assume they will be less successfull in the new big east and I assume their fans will be less enamoured with a trip halfway across country to see a non top 25 once the newness wears off. We shall see.

Reaction Score
I was on the train coming back from work and there was a guy with a Georgetown jacket on who had a very long face. I figured the Hoyas lost based on his body language. Damn I miss the BET.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Yeah, I was kinda just being me. Trying to use a one-liner to be funny. Wasn't really serious.

For the record, I do a lot of traveling. Omaha just hasn't piqued my interest yet so admittedly I still haven't been there.

Reaction Score
Creighton no doubt has one of the top 10 fanbases for basketball in America.

That being said, no one is going to travel halfway across the country in droves to see the BET.

Let's face it, the BET was convenient to NYC for half the teams in the conference: UConn, BC, Providence, Syracuse, Seton Hall, St. John's, Villanova, Georgetown and even Pitt could get there rather easily.

Creighton isn't going to travel there in such numbers every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom