ASU's Steve Patterson will be next AD at Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There intentions are clear...Texas to Pac16 inevitable

Reaction Score
Yesterday:
MH3@MH34 Nov
I'm hearing UT will announce Luck as the new Athletic Director on either Sunday evening or next week on Monday morning.

Today:
Dave Colangeli@MegaMeebs2h
@MH3 looks like you've heard wrong, yet again.

MH3@MH355m
@MegaMeebs not really. Something changed.

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe Texas read the WV twitterers and learned there that Luck wanted to expand the B12.

Reaction Score
BREAKING

The dud(e) is wrong again......

Christopher Lambert@ChrsLambertMSNN2h
@gyoung5179 Look. It was Luck until this past weekend. What is your problem? Do you have a problem with me? This is getting old.

@gyoung5179 Like I have said to you in the past. Information & facts can change. I just pass along what others tell me.

@gyoung5179 Troll on my friend. Everybody around the WV program was wrong on this one so I have lots of company.

Reaction Score
There intentions are clear...Texas to Pac16 inevitable
If that happens, we're going to the B1G or ACC definitely. No doubt about it.

Kansas would be going to the Pac-12, correct?

Reaction Score
A few things.

ESPN reported that Luck thought the job was his as late as Mon night. As an aside, how does he spin it to the folks back in coal country who now know their beloved son has a wandering eye. What other job will he interview for?

If TX looks westward, they are taking OU (and Tech and OSU) with them, not Kansas. That was the plan a few years back but for some reason the Commish of Pac12 wanted to turn the league in to 4 pods and none of the schools were happy about being shut out of CA (UCLA, USC, CA and Stanford would have been a pod). No, KS and KState (JUCO central) are not, IMO, headed west.

Reaction Score
@gyoung5179 Look. It was Luck until this past weekend. What is your problem? Do you have a problem with me? This is getting old.

@gyoung5179 Like I have said to you in the past. Information & facts can change. I just pass along what others tell me.

@gyoung5179 Troll on my friend. Everybody around the WV program was wrong on this one so I have lots of company.

The dudes facts change alot

Reaction Score
S W A I M has been tweeting today about the possibility of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State moving to the PAC-12. He says that it would only take 40% of the schools leaving to nullify the Big 12 GOR. I think he's wrong, but I haven't been able to find out what percentage it would be anywhere else. Does anyone know? If it's really 40%, that would seem to defeat the purpose of a GOR.

Reaction Score
S W A I M has been tweeting today about the possibility of Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State moving to the PAC-12. He says that it would only take 40% of the schools leaving to nullify the Big 12 GOR. I think he's wrong, but I haven't been able to find out what percentage it would be anywhere else. Does anyone know? If it's really 40%, that would seem to defeat the purpose of a GOR.
That guy kyleslamb from the ohio state boards would know. He's the one who foia'd the big12 gor and posted it online. I know he reads this board and posts here as well.

I think it's on google docs....

Reaction Score
Yes, Dude and Mhv are/were wrong in their information. They're not wrong that universities do change their minds at the last minute. Frankly, I'm a little surprised Texas didn't take an active and unafraid to make change guy like Luck, and went for a guy whose run a mostly medicore, middling ASU program that hasn't really gone anywhere, up or down, in decades. At least Luck has been positioning WVU to succeed by brokering a quick deal out of the sinking ship Big East, made a change at head coach when it became necessary, has overseen the boost of their basketball program under Huggins, and has a strong reputation. Had anyone ever heard of the ASU AD before today?

Reaction Score
I have. he is very well respected in sports. As described above, this could be a signal as to where bevo is headed (Pac12). Besides, look at Luck and the B12 was a good move, but maybe not long term. Brining in Holgorsen was a debacle at start and now he is on the hot seat. WVU bb has always been good, never been great. Luck might be trying to trade in his stock before it falls lower. Once you look somewhere other than your alma mater, you don't just stop looking.

I have been saying (and franlkly praying) that UT and OU would do what they nearly did a few years back, and head for the Pacific. That move could be a godsend for UConn, who might be courted by the BIG, ACC or a combo AAC/B12, any of which trumps where we are today.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yes, Dude and are/were wrong in their information. They're not wrong that universities do change their minds at the last minute. Frankly, I'm a little surprised Texas didn't take an active and unafraid to make change guy like Luck, and went for a guy whose run a mostly medicore, middling ASU program that hasn't really gone anywhere, up or down, in decades. At least Luck has been positioning WVU to succeed by brokering a quick deal out of the sinking ship Big East, made a change at head coach when it became necessary, has overseen the boost of their basketball program under Huggins, and has a strong reputation. Had anyone ever heard of the ASU AD before today?
Texas took a pass on the smartest man in the world. Strange.

Reaction Score

Don't be surprised. The BE had the exact same types of clauses in its bylaws. If a cluster of like schools leave en masse, then exit fees can't be enforced. For the BE's purposes, there were three such classes. One, football playing schools. Two, basketball playing schools. Three, Notre Dame. If any of the 3 decided to leave, there'd be no fees.

Reaction Score
If the B12 ever fell apart in such a fashion, you could guarantee that it would remain as a conference. I am not entirely sure this would be a great thing for UConn. We'd have to assume that the remaining B12 schools would invite it to join.

Kansas, Kansas St., Baylor, Iowa St., TCU, West Virginia. That's 6. They need 4-6 more: BYU, UConn, Cincy, UCF, USF, SMU, Houston, Memphis are all candidates.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If the B12 ever fell apart in such a fashion, you could guarantee that it would remain as a conference. I am not entirely sure this would be a great thing for UConn. We'd have to assume that the remaining B12 schools would invite it to join.

Kansas, Kansas St., Baylor, Iowa St., TCU, West Virginia. That's 6. They need 4-6 more: BYU, UConn, Cincy, UCF, USF, SMU, Houston, Memphis are all candidates.
Just a slightly better cluster c k than what we have now.

Reaction Score

My guess is BYU would not want to be a part of that league.

Cincy is a given & they would add at least 1 or maybe both of Houston & SMU to replace the departed Texas schools. At that point it's most likely 1 of the Fla directional schools or both if only 1 Texas school is added.

Uconn hoping Kansas to the B1G so we could partner with them is a tough call since they would still have a Kansas St problem.

This could end up making our league suck even more than it already does

Reaction Score

I read the GOR document, and I don't see it in there.

Reaction Score
[quote="gioff23, post: 740556, member: 1167"I have been saying (and franlkly praying) that UT and OU would do what they nearly did a few years back, and head for the Pacific. That move could be a godsend for UConn, who might be courted by the BIG, ACC or a combo AAC/B12, any of which trumps where we are today.[/quote]

I agree, commotion is the best thing for us right now. Plus, a conference going to 16 would make it easier for others to go to 16 since someone else had already done it. I kept wondering why everyone in the Big East offices was so happy when the UT/TT/OU/OKST to the Pac deal fell through. It was well known that the remaining KU/KSU/Baylor/ISU combo was poised to join the Big East in the event of that happening. That would've made for a hell of a lot better conference than we have now, likely still including WVU/TCU, likely UL, and perhaps RU. One or two might've been picked off by the B1G, but either way, that foursome to the Pac was absolutely nothing for the Big East to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom