Asjha Jones Seeking To Join Exclusive Club | The Boneyard

Asjha Jones Seeking To Join Exclusive Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ex-UConn standout Jones seeks history

If the Minnesota Lynx defeat the Indiana Fever in the best-of-five WNBA Finals that start Sunday in Minneapolis, the 35-year-old Asjha Jones — in her first season with the Lynx — would become the ninth player to have won NCAA and WNBA titles along with Olympic and World Championship gold medals.

Five of the eight — Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, and Kara Wolters — are ex-Huskies. The others are Tamika Catchings, Cynthia Cooper, and Sheryl Swoopes. Catchings, the former Tennessee standout will lead the Fever’s bid for their second WNBA title.

The Lynx have four former Huskies on their roster — Moore, Jones, Renee Montgomery, and Kalana Greene.

[MORE]

Reaction Score
Five of the eight — Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, and Kara Wolters — are ex-Huskies. The others are Tamika Catchings, Cynthia Cooper, and Sheryl Swoopes. Catchings, the former Tennessee standout will lead the Fever’s bid for their second WNBA title.

The Lynx have four former Huskies on their roster — Moore, Jones, Renee Montgomery, and Kalana Greene.

[MORE]
Lesson for potential recruits: In order to win both NCAA and WNBA titles, it is first necessary to win an NCAA title.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

If the Minnesota Lynx defeat the Indiana Fever in the best-of-five WNBA Finals that start Sunday in Minneapolis, the 35-year-old Asjha Jones — in her first season with the Lynx — would become the ninth player to have won NCAA and WNBA titles along with Olympic and World Championship gold medals.

[MORE]
If you add the qualifiers of collegiate NPOY, WNBA MVP, and FIBA WC MVP, the list gets shorter. If you add the qualifier of age 25 or younger, I think the list is pared to just one:

12_woly_moore_030714_300_2.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND's SID McMaster (a tool, btw) trying to fact-check the true master, Carl Adamec:

Chris Masters ‏@NDsidMasters 12h12 hours agoNotre Dame, IN
@CarlAdamec slight edit to your morning blog on Jones - she would be 10th to do all three … that Riley kid did it too

carl adamec ‏@CarlAdamec 11h11 hours ago
@NDsidMasters My list was WNBA/NCAA titles and Olympic/World Championships gold. Don't think Ruth won a WC -- not listed on '02 team.

Chris Masters ‏@NDsidMasters 11h11 hours ago
@CarlAdamec fair enough

Reaction Score
Is Ashja injured? She hasn't played at all in the finals, and I don't think I saw her in the box scores in the semi-finals either, though I admit to not checking out every game. I know her numbers have been dwindling since the season began, but I still find it odd that such a skilled vet isn't seeing any minutes at all. (Okay, maybe not in a game that comes down to the last 1.7 seconds before a winner is decided, but they haven't all been this close.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think she paid her keep during the season filling in during the injuries - similar to Rene up until this last game. They both helped maintain home court advantage for MN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom