Asia Durr Narrows list; topic morph circa p. 4 to Tennessee's status/outlook | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Asia Durr Narrows list; topic morph circa p. 4 to Tennessee's status/outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Who will be our point when Mo graduates in two years? Too soon to tell? Ideas?

Reaction Score
Had the feeling it wasn't going to be us after listening to her dad on that video. He said that she would be good no matter where she played and that academics are important. The family just felt Notre dame to me after watching the interview. False or not perception is top basketball there and a great education, where as when thinking uconn some people think top basketball average education. ......right or wrong.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Nurse.
Nurse. Yes. I thought so too. Couldn't remember if she was a point or a 2. Anyway, my whole response to this thread is one word:
Nurse.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It never made much sense for her to come to Uconn. Baylor, Notre Dame and Duke seem most likely given the openings at point guard. Even if she goes to Notre Dame we will still win the NC but it won't be a blowout.

Interesting that South Carolina isn't given a shot at beating UCONN.

Reaction Score
how it is a bigger loss for TN? both TN and UCONN are loaded with guards/wings. i don't know of one lady vol fan who really thought TN led for her. it was a foregone conclusion that she was headed elsewhere, especially after Cooper and Diamond chose orange. however, i am really shocked that UCONN was not at least in her top 5. i honestly thought she was headed to CT. shows how much i know. ha.

best of luck to her. she's the real deal. i do think this helps UCONN land Dangerfield.

Bigger loss for the Lady Vols then UConn. Have to wonder if Te'a Cooper's verbal led to Asia deciding not to consider the Lady Vols. Has any1 seen this? http://www.teacooper.com/ Look who is the sponsor of the site.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
how it is a bigger loss for TN? both TN and UCONN are loaded with guards/wings. i don't know of one lady vol fan who really thought TN led for her. it was a foregone conclusion that she was headed elsewhere, especially after Cooper and Diamond chose orange. however, i am really shocked that UCONN was not at least in her top 5. i honestly thought she was headed to CT. shows how much i know. ha.

best of luck to her. she's the real deal. i do think this helps UCONN land Dangerfield.

Dunno, but there was certainly some fan chatter about Durr at one time on the Summitt and on Volnation just as there was here.
At any rate, done is done and we all move on....

Reaction Score
Interesting that South Carolina isn't given a shot at beating UCONN.
Haha. BY is so worked up from off-season self congratulation and basking in recruiting success that NOBODY is given a shot at beating UCONN, regardless of the graduation of our 2 senior All Americans. The, "Hope ND doesn't get her" [Durr] sentiment is at least evidence that some might be concerned that another great coach with the right group of great athletes might at least pose a threat to the 195-game winning streak at some point.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else surprised that Duke made the list?! Sure it's a great school but Coach McCallie hasn't done anything with the talented players she has picked up. Doesn't make sense to me. But then again it's Asia's decision.
Best of luck

Reaction Score
Haha. BY is so worked up from off-season self congratulation and basking in recruiting success that NOBODY is given a shot at beating UCONN, regardless of the graduation of our 2 senior All Americans. The, "Hope ND doesn't get her" [Durr] sentiment is at least evidence that some might be concerned that another great coach with the right group of great athletes might at least pose a threat to the 195-game winning streak at some point.

Winning 2 straight NC's and having the 2 recruiting classes that UConn has had are a good reason to celebrate. As far as "NOBODY is given a shot at beating UConn"... I see qualifiers mentioned frequently when the 2014-2015 season is discussed (I.E. injuries). I would describe it as confidence rather than "worked up".
As far as South Carolina goes, a great freshman class, but a lot to ask from them this year. Next year could be a different story.

Reaction Score
Winning 2 straight NC's and having the 2 recruiting classes that UConn has had are a good reason to celebrate. As far as "NOBODY is given a shot at beating UConn"... I see qualifiers mentioned frequently when the 2014-2015 season is discussed (I.E. injuries). I would describe it as confidence rather than "worked up".
As far as South Carolina goes, a great freshman class, but a lot to ask from them this year. Next year could be a different story.
I agree the celebration and confidence are justified. But, rather than just "worked up", at times here it's at least "all WHIPPED up." Nothing wrong with that - hey, it's a homer message board. I'm guilty too sometimes, but at some point there will be a reminder that that our players are, alas, only human.

U

UCONNfan1

No competition expected from South Carolina?
Not really. Sure SC added Wilson, but UCONN countered with Samuelson, Boykin and Collier. And for the next 2 years, I have a hard time seeing anyone beat UCONN. There are a lot of good teams with a solid amount of talent, but none of them have the plethora of top shelf talent UCONN has...

U

UCONNfan1

Just my opinion of course, but even if ND lands her, I'm not sure they fare any better than they did in the last NC game - a loss of 20 points. People said "yeah but if they had Achonwa it would have been closer". Sure, but if they didn't hit about four 3-pointers that were ridiculously lucky shots, it would have been a 30 point blow out...

Loyd would be a senior when Durr is a freshman. They only get 1 year together. but even still, with Jefferson as a senior, and the rest of the guards UCONN has, UCONN would be stronger in the guard positions. ND's strength at that point would be more in the post - Reimer and Turner.

In the post, a lot depends on Butler. Is she more Dolson, or more Buck? IF she's more like Dolson, then ND wouldn't even have an advantage in the post. We won't really know till November of 2015. Let's hope that by then, UCONN has McCoy and/or Holmes in tow and on the horizon...

Reaction Score
Who would be the biggest threat to UCONN's 195-0 streak if they got Durr?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Comments in this thread (by almost all posters about all teams) seem to rely on the assumption that every player named, all now in high school, is destined for greatness at the NCAA D1 wcbb level.

Just as every player recently drafted in the first round of the NFL draft will ultimately be enshrined in the HoF in Canton.

Makes our TonyC look like a pessimist.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
Nurse.

My money is on Sadie Edwards, with Saniya Chong as the next most likely (to be the point guard after Moriah graduates). I think that Kia Nurse and Courtney Ekmark are more likely to get most of their minutes at the 2, 3, or even the 4 positions. That is because of their size and the fact that no one has identified ball handling as a major strength of either player.

Reaction Score
JoePgh Dribbling? What do you think a point guard on a national team does? Kick the ball up the court? Of course its a strength of Nurse.
You have to watch some more international games. Hopefully, you will see Nurse and Canada when then play the US in CT.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
That would not be pleasant. A hypothetical trio of the freshman Durr, the Sophomore Turner, and the senior LLoyd, might just be NC-worthy.

I'd rather pencil them in for the final-4
Hard to handicap them as champs.
5 all-stars usually defeats 3

Reaction Score
That would not be pleasant. A hypothetical trio of the freshman Durr, the Sophomore Turner, and the senior LLoyd, might just be NC-worthy.

Sure they would be- and ofc that year we're stacked.

Reaction Score
My money is on Sadie Edwards, with Saniya Chong as the next most likely (to be the point guard after Moriah graduates). I think that Kia Nurse and Courtney Ekmark are more likely to get most of their minutes at the 2, 3, or even the 4 positions. That is because of their size and the fact that no one has identified ball handling as a major strength of either player.

I can see Edwards making a run along with Nurse for the starting PG after Jefferson leaves but there is no way{unless forced by injuries} that Chong starts at PG.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Come on to Baylor, Durr! You can be developed like Sims!!!

A certain Indiana school has a pretty good track record with guards recently. This is a pleasant surprise to me. Didn't have her figured for ND. I think Ogunbowale is more likely for ND but I'd thrilled with either one (or both, of course).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In the post, a lot depends on Butler. Is she more Dolson, or more Buck? IF she's more like Dolson, then ND wouldn't even have an advantage in the post. We won't really know till November of 2015. Let's hope that by then, UCONN has McCoy and/or Holmes in tow and on the horizon...

Butler did more at the D1 level in her freshman year than Buck did in 5 years at UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom