Ashlynn | The Boneyard

Ashlynn

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
What I noticed about her last night was her physical strength and great "motor". She kept moving, made assertive, sharp cuts and seemed very aware of court spacing.

If she can sustain this and keep developing, she'll be valuable off the bench. Kelly Faris 2.0?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Because her dad is a personal trainer, I don't think any freshman has entered the program in better overall shape. This girl is solid, and the way she plays shows off her strength and savvy. She is smart, aggressive, is always moving on every play. She doesn't force shots but chooses the time to make a move. She is the kind of player that we will love going forward, and I hope Geno uses her more than he has so far. I am a fan of hers right now.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn is one of the most intuitive basketball players I have seen. Similar to Paige, she just seems to know where to go and what to do ahead of the play, thereby being a fraction quicker than the competition. With so much conversation on the 6'4"+ bigs, being able to attract such a pure basketball player to the UConn program says alot about Huskie recruiting.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I love this kid. She reminds me so much of Faris, but with a smoother shot. She's always in the right spot on defense, which is so tough when you're a freshman. I actually could see her getting more time than CD by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
I was watching Ashlynn 100% to see what she could do. As the posters above pointed out--she has something special to contribute. Not counting Page, Ashlynn moved without the ball better than the rest of the team. She was fearless, but not reckless (Q is fearless, but not as thoughtful as Ashlynn.) Ashlynn kept moving and she picked her spots to shoot. She was relentless on D and she has good feet (not as good as KK.) She is tough as nails (equal to Nika) however, I see an overall BASKET BALL PLAYER. KK & Ashlynn are street smart and have an overall high IQ. Q does remind me of Aubrey as an athlete, but Q has the offense.
Many of us bone yarders have always wanted to see more subs and more time for the new kids (every year.) Ashlynn is a solid sub and if she gets 15+ minutes each game I think everyone will be happy. That girl is hungry and knows what she can do!

Reaction Score
She played well and I hope everyone gets the chance to play well. I think she’s def part of the future but I don’t know if she’s a significant part of THIS team. Still have to see her get more minutes to judge her as a player, but out of the freshman on that night she stood out

Reaction Score
She has a very high bball IQ .. watched her closely last night and she goes all out every play , great defender loves contact to rebound and she can take the ball to the hoop .. she will get 20 plus minutes a game before seasons end . The 3 freshman are gonna be good .. KK imo is probably as good now as Nika ..

Reaction Score
I have posted before that Ashlynn will be a power forward to the basket and she can hit triples when she want to. .She already has a high BB IQ and a Uconn trademark, stamina to go all out the whole game when she will be called to do it.I predict Ashlynn will have an outstanding 4 year career at Uconn ,as will the other 3 freshmen. GO ROOKIES!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's Ashlynn in a recent Daniel Connolly article:

“It’s becoming more realistic, like, this is like my life for like the next four years,” she said. “But I love it. I mean, I just still think it’s so cool. I get to wake up in Storrs, Connecticut every day and work out with these girls.”

And some say it's tough to get kids to come to Storrs! I love this kid.

Reaction Score
Go ASHLYNN! Growing as a Husky, every game!! "Well Done" to all the Freshman, including "ICE"!
Together we can get THIS done!!!
Played like the energizer bunny, never stopped moving, and wherever he he ball went she was there. Would like to be see her replace Caroline in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
I'm so happy for Ashlynn. She's gonna be great. But yesterday, in a must win game, she faced the pressure and did really well. That's the first hurdle for a freshman. It may be harder for kids who are made for this place -- it's like they can't risk failing at their dream school. But Ashlynn stood up to the pressure against a roughhousing team and she prevailed. All I can say to her is, You go girl!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was surprised why no-one asked him why she didn't play at all vs NoCar St!
Because speed was an issue, and Shade, for all her upside, isn't particularly quick, or at least doesn't appear to be.

The thing that I think about with Shade, KK and Q is that they are only going to improve. Think about it all three of them look dramatically better every game. As they get more comfortable with their defensive assignments and the speed and physicality of the college game, they're only going to be better. We need Azzi back, but the ability to have more minutes to give to these amazing freshmen is a bit of a silver lining to that dark cloud.

Reaction Score
Two observations about Shade: there was a photo of four Huskies under the basket and Shade was slightly bent over, which displayed her bulging shoulder and neck muscle-- it just jumped out at me how superbly conditioned she is.; secondly, she was running circles around the Md. players, seemingly 100 mph while they were on cruise control. Yet Md played really hard so the observable difference was remarkable.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
With some young players the focus is largely on potential. When she gets stronger, when she learns to play the game, when her shot improves, when her conditioning improves, when she gets her confidence, when she improves her handle, etc., etc.

I am not suggesting that Ashlynn is a finished product by any means. But it all of the areas mentioned above, she is way, way further along than most players at her age.

And she seems to have the perfect attitude.

Reaction Score
Because speed was an issue, and Shade, for all her upside, isn't particularly quick, or at least doesn't appear to be.

The thing that I think about with Shade, KK and Q is that they are only going to improve. Think about it all three of them look dramatically better every game. As they get more comfortable with their defensive assignments and the speed and physicality of the college game, they're only going to be better. We need Azzi back, but the ability to have more minutes to give to these amazing freshmen is a bit of a silver lining to that dark cloud.
I don’t agree with your assessment that she is not quick ..

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Here's Ashlynn in a recent Daniel Connolly article:

“It’s becoming more realistic, like, this is like my life for like the next four years,” she said. “But I love it. I mean, I just still think it’s so cool. I get to wake up in Storrs, Connecticut every day and work out with these girls.”

And some say it's tough to get kids to come to Storrs! I love this kid.
This quote was taken in the preseason interview process. It has been available on YouTube since then. It may have taken place in August as this was the first interview she did since coming here. Great interview if you look it up, one of the best I've enjoyed by the kids. She comes off really sweet and unassuming. Loved her from the beginning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom