article-UConn's DeAndre Daniels In Kevin Durant's Skills Academy | The Boneyard

article-UConn's DeAndre Daniels In Kevin Durant's Skills Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"At the high school camp with Hamilton, who plans to sign his letter of intent in November, were a number of players with whom UConn has been connected on the recruiting trail, including Khadeen Carrington of Brooklyn, who has taken an official visit, Bonzie Colson Jr. of Rhode Island, who has taken an unofficial visit, Kelly Oubre from Henderson Prep in Nevada and Leron Black from Memphis. "

Good chance for Daniel to help KO and the staff while there!!

Reaction Score
"Kevin Ollie changed the culture with the Thunder," Durant said, "Just like he's doing now with UConn. He was a big part of what we do, and he still is, because of what he instilled in us. He's always going to be a brother of mine."

Reaction Score
"Kevin Ollie changed the culture with the Thunder," Durant said, "Just like he's doing now with UConn. He was a big part of what we do, and he still is, because of what he instilled in us. He's always going to be a brother of mine."

Wow. Every recruit needs to see that quote. If that's not an indication of the type of impact Ollie has on people, I don't know what is. And coming from the most popular young player in the league, it's sure to resonate with recruits. What an awesome quote that is.

Reaction Score
Fantastic comment on KO. KO, Emeka and Ray are all great ambassadors of the program.

Reaction Score
Wow. Every recruit needs to see that quote. If that's not an indication of the type of impact Ollie has on people, I don't know what is. And coming from the most popular young player in the league, it's sure to resonate with recruits. What an awesome quote that is.

Yes. UConn should benefit from KDs success more than Texas. He made a pit-stop at Texas for a few months and they did zero for his development. KO contributed 100 times more to KDs development than anyone at Texas.

Reaction Score

If i had a son who played ball id want him playing for this man.

Reaction Score
I think (and hope) DD is going to be a beast and explode onto the national scene as an all american next year. would not surprise me if he ends up being one of the first ten players picked in the 14` draft.

Reaction Score

Crave this quote onto a wall at Gampel somewhere.

Reaction Score
Yes. UConn should benefit from KDs success more than Texas. He made a pit-stop at Texas for a few months and they did zero for his development. KO contributed 100 times more to KDs development than anyone at Texas.

Can you elaborate? How exactly did KO help DD in just 1 year at OKC? I'm genuinely curious.

Reaction Score
Can you elaborate? How exactly did KO help DD in just 1 year at OKC? I'm genuinely curious.

Guessing it was more about preparation and living off the court during down time..........beats everyone to the gym in the morning remember and that has to be good for a rookie with big eyes!! And he stayed out of trouble..........knowing where not to go and what not to do away from home is also critical to a rookie maturing...........just speculation on my part but sportsman certainly has a point!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Guessing it was more about preparation and living off the court during down time..........beats everyone to the gym in the morning remember and that has to be good for a rookie with big eyes!! And he stayed out of trouble..........knowing where not to go and what not to do away from home is also critical to a rookie maturing...........just speculation on my part but sportsman certainly has a point!

I would guess, and this is just a guess, that for KO to have made that big of an impression, he would have had to have become a vocal leader as well as a "leader by example." Didn't Ray Allen identify Kevin Ollie when asked who was the best leader he ever played with? I think that KO has a way of "infecting" others with his total dedication and his value of the team coming first. As a seldom-used backup player, it is amazing that he could have had an impact of any kind at all.

Reaction Score

because shaping a persons mind-set, work ethic, and attitude will affect that person everyday for the rest of their lives. An easy example that I think a lot of people can relate to would be the difference between a school teacher who teaches you to think critically about not just school work, but every decision made in life versus a teacher that teaches you a few facts about a given subject. One is literally a priceless experience and the other is practically useless.

Reaction Score
KO impressed me so much in his first year as a head coach. I never realized how great a leader he was until he was in the spotlight as head coach. He is a truly special person, who leads by actions and words. He will impact the lives of many young men. We are very fortunate to have him leading our team for the long term. The genuine applause he receives before every Gampel game is very apparent. And I am among those cheering loudly.

Reaction Score
Does anybody know if deandre got an invite to the lebron camp in Vegas ?

Reaction Score
Interesting set of games at the LB camp.

• 3:00 pm First Set of Afternoon Games (Interviews Following Games)
Court 1 – Michigan State vs. Florida
Court 2 – Syracuse vs. UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member