Article on Purvis from CT Post | The Boneyard

Article on Purvis from CT Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like Calhoun, Ollie will turn out a great father figure. I predict a lot of single parents (of recruits) will lean his way. He's already building a resume with Bazz and Boat.
Great role model for kids not having Dad actively involved. Purvis will be glad he chose us when he's done here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Already love this guy. All of U conn is your family Rodney and mom always.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
"I'm going to try my best to take his (Giffey) grind and put it into mine."

I'm sold. If he models his work ethic on Giffey, he'll be a great Husky.

Reaction Score
"On nights during the season when the Huskies were on the road -- NCAA rules prevent players sitting out from traveling -- Purvis would watch games in the locker room at Gampel Pavilion before heading out to practice in the gym."

Hungry. another good one

"And (Niels) Giffey, he has a lot of knowledge of the game, too. He had to work for everything he had and I'm going to try my best to take his grind and put it into mine."

We'll miss that german.

Reaction Score
I had the pleasure of meeting Rodney last fall. Very nice young man. He loved last year's team even though he had to sit out. I think he will be very, very good. Thrilled to have him active this season.

Reaction Score
"And (Niels) Giffey, he has a lot of knowledge of the game, too. He had to work for everything he had and I'm going to try my best to take his grind and put it into mine."

We'll miss that german.

He may be the most under the radar player we have ever had. I know we all appreciated him but he really ranks up there with Khalid, Hamilton, Ray Ray and others.

What I'm saying is that he defines the word Husky and exemplifies the uniform. He may have equals but none represented better. We will miss him.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Loved all the quotes - even the ones from the mom - you all hit on some above. Also the mom saying it was no surprise UCONN was her first choice for Rodney. Really liked this quote from Rodney too...

"No regrets," Purvis said. "Not in a bad way to N.C. State or anything, it's a great university and everything. I just felt like this is where I wanted to be, so that's why I made the move. I'm just happy I am here. I'm surrounded by a great group of guys and coach (Kevin) Ollie. Just having that resource to talk to every day and learn from him every day."

Nothing bad to say about NC State, just like I hope UCONN players who choose to transfer out say about our program. Kid sounds like a class act all the way around, a great hard worker with a tremendous family and support system, and a true blue Husky in every way possible. Can't wait to see him suit up... Our guards and wings are going to be sick - depth and talent in every position!

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Purvis has the chance to be one of best Huskies ever.
Getting a little ahead of ourselves? Let's start with him getting at least one time on the court before giving him a spot on the wall of honor.

Reaction Score
At this rate, the new practice facility will need a hall of fame for moms. Above all, the moms from this program simply bring it!

The “Mom” connection at UConn has been great lately…
From Andrea Walker (Kemba) to Carmen Velasquez (Bazz) to Tanisha Boatright (Ryan) and now to Shanda McNair (Rodney)… Next up Jalen Adams’ mom… I’m not sure who she is yet, but I’m guessing she’ll be quotable soon enough! LOL

Reaction Score
packages of all sizes, rods and testicles are on the rise at the Boneyard over the years. The improvement as of late has been well documented.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom