Article on Loyd and KML

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
LINK

Working on their games

Storm fans have used social media to voice their frustration. The front office was transparent in stating the organization is rebuilding with Loyd and Mosqueda-Lewis as the projected franchise players. Many fans wondered why they aren’t playing or wanting to start.

“I get that question often,” said Mosqueda-Lewis, who’s averaging 7.7 minutes per game. She entered the league as the NCAA’s all-time leader in three-pointers and helped lead Connecticut to three consecutive NCAA championships.

“It’s two months into the season,” she said. “I feel like I’m benefitting from being able to work on my individual skills, (and) whether or not I’m in the game I’m still learning. … Playing time is more so something I should be worried about (than anyone else). Other people should just be asking, ‘How are you doing, are you having a good experience?’ ”

Mosqueda-Lewis, a 5-11 forward, is having a good time. She’s formed a bond with Japanese rookie Ramu Tokashiki over coffee and shopping trips.

At practice, Mosqueda-Lewis stays late to work on her shooting and conditioning. She takes copious notes during scouting sessions and relishes time Boucek makes for the team to repeatedly run through sets.

Reaction Score
She'll be OK.

We'll see her in person nxt week, Milford old boy!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She'll be OK.

We'll see her in person nxt week, Milford old boy!
I'll be in Rancho Mirage next week. Please give Sue and Kaleena my regards and a big hug.

By the way, I think we have an extra ticket for Maya at the Mystics on August 16. I'll be in Waikiki. If you know of anyone interested, let me know. It's directly behind Coach Reeve's seat. And with 2 of the most astute fans anywhere.

Reaction Score
Too bad. This will be the last game I'll be able to attend since I'm moving back to the Midwest for the time being. I may get a job in Mass. in the fall/winter then I'll be able to go to UCONN games.

Until then it'll be no women's BB for me for awhile. I may not even get FIOS to log on to the internet for awhile.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Too bad. This will be the last game I'll be able to attend since I'm moving back to the Midwest for the time being. I may get a job in Mass. in the fall/winter then I'll be able to go to UCONN games.

Until then it'll be no women's BB for me for awhile. I may not even get FIOS to log on to the internet for awhile.
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01